Sign in to follow this  
blazer236

Statesville Hounds win NPC title in thriller!

Rate this topic

This game was what hs football is all about in my opinion. WR really brought their A game and came about as close as you can get to winning. I am so proud of the Hounds finishing 11-0 and winning the title. Mad respect for WR. What a well executed game plan and effort. The hounds had trouble running so they went to the air and got it done. I hope both teams represent the NPC well in┬áthe playoffs. Great crowd for both teams. Good luck to the Falcons in the playoffs. Who knows? There could be a round 2!!!­čś▓

• Like 3

My take: 
Both team had their chances. 

For Statesville: Did not play well in the first half. Missing throw, Penalties, I believe they had 1 turnover. Statesville Passing was bit off due to pressure n good coverage down field n make them check down which worked some. Statesville run game was kept in check. Statesville played WAY better in the 2nd half. Statesville had maybe a total of 4-5 BIG time plays but Those Big time plays help to get POINTS. 

For West Rowan: They missed 2 BIG wide open passes which could gave them pts if caught. West Rowan had very good success in the first half with the run. West Rowan had maybe 8-10 pass attempts all night but some were successful. West Rowan D did all they could. West Rowan slowed a bit in the 2nd half with the run getting shut down forcing them to mix it up. West Rowan did enough to win BUT fell short with a MUFF FG at the OT mark. 

Both team had some good stops on 3rd/4th downs. Both teams played VERY VERY Well. Statesville made the Better Adjustments at half but Overall I thought West Rowan was the BETTER team but as we all know The better team don't always WIN! Tough loss for West Rowan but Great WIN for the Hounds! 

Let me first say this was a good hard fought game. Both teams played their hearts out. First time I seen West Rowan this year and they are really a good physical team. Statesville pulled it out in a close one and yes this game could easily went the other way. Congratulations to the Greyhounds for winning the conference and also an undefeated regular season. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

11-0 feels great... Listen people, you go and play West Rowan in November is one thing... But to go into Mt. Ulla and get a win on SENIOR NIGHT... That's saying a lot... My Hounds got the job done, i'm glad it wasn't easy... Now I know that my Greyhounds got heart to win a DOG-FIGHT... NPC CHAMPS!!!!!!!!!!!  GOOD JOB GUS, WE'RE NOT DONE... IT'S HOLLOW TIME BABY!!!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On the flipside, west had a tremendous effort tonight... Very strong football team... Listen people, THIS WEST ROWAN TEAM WILL BE A VERY TOUGH OUT... WHOEVER YOU ARE, DON'T SLEEP ON THE NPC... JUST SAYING!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 2

Statesville gets a ridiculously bad draw with second round opponent very possibly Kings Mountain. Only team to beat Shelby this year. 

How the NC HS football playoffs gets seeded may be one of the worst methodologies ever. Please do away with the conference finish. Conferences are not even close to equal. 

19 minutes ago, jimmysnjoes said:

Statesville gets a ridiculously bad draw with second round opponent very possibly Kings Mountain. Only team to beat Shelby this year. 

How the NC HS football playoffs gets seeded may be one of the worst methodologies ever. Please do away with the conference finish. Conferences are not even close to equal. 

I see what your saying, and you are right... But trust me, the Hounds will take care of what's in front of them...

Yikes. Statesville goes undefeated and rewarded with a possible second round game with Kings Mtn. That would be a fun game.

1 hour ago, Vik-Val 86 said:

Crest at  9-2 seeded 1 and Statesville 11-0  seeded at 2. Should be the other way around. 

I dunno...pretty big difference in strength of schedule. Crest went undefeated in a conference that is light years better than the NPC. And there is no comparison in non conference games either. Not all 11-0's are created equal

• Sad 1

I don't get being a second seed to Crest but I like a potential matchup with KM. Last year's matchup we lost by 7 but had those guys on the ropes. We even outgained them in yardage. So we owe them one. Also our offense is just as potent as last year's. On the real though, this seeding process by the NCHSAA is WACK!!!­čśÁ

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Steve Johnston said:

I dunno...pretty big difference in strength of schedule. Crest went undefeated in a conference that is light years better than the NPC. And there is no comparison in non conference games either. Not all 11-0's are created equal

Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!