Sign in to follow this  
704cougarsdad

Vance at Hough

Rate this topic

Last time we gave up 21+ points was 2 yrs ago...at Hough, we jus dont play good there. I knew when we were in trouble when we got an unsportsmanlike conduct 15yrd penalty for PREGAME celebration... was going 2 b a long night. Oh well good win Hough....on to playoffs smh.

U had a combo of things..too many to name here. Mainly jus a motivated Hough team vs a unmotivated Vance team. The offense hasn't improved and the defense can only do so much. Again fit hit the shan.smh

To not be motivated for one game against an inferior squad is understandable.  This is several weeks of it and a rival tonight.  There is a bigger problem than motivation.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, harlem545 said:

How didn’t they score you mean. 

Trying to figure out how they scored that many points on Vance. Hough OL is not good at all.

1 minute ago, work7 said:

Trying to figure out how they scored that many points on Vance. Hough OL is not good at all.

Realistically you’re only putting up points on Vance if you’re on the 5yd line running or through the air. Oh and some god awful kickoff return play 

Just now, btango said:

To not be motivated for one game against an inferior squad is understandable.  This is several weeks of it and a rival tonight.  There is a bigger problem than motivation.

Whatever kind of coach Ferebee is...hes gonna have to earn his money's worth. I havent been sure of this team since preseason. Been watching this team for a long time. The talent was there but was jus something missing. Whatever coaching and team leadership left it's going 2 have to step up for the playoffs. I'm jus not sure.

I remember a cpl of creek guys talking about that 2016 team that was preseason top 10 saying that something jus wasnt right. That's the same vibe I had this season. Idk if we looking at our offers or worried about stuff we shouldn't but the need to fix it ASAP. Again I'm jus not sure.

2 minutes ago, 704cougarsdad said:

Whatever kind of coach Ferebee is...hes gonna have to earn his money's worth. I havent been sure of this team since preseason. Been watching this team for a long time. The talent was there but was jus something missing. Whatever coaching and team leadership left it's going 2 have to step up for the playoffs. I'm jus not sure.

Only person showing any kind of fight is Hackett and it rubbed off on the Defense. He’s constantly on the defense either hyping theme up or chewing them out. I don’t see that for the offense. You know Brand would be sick right now looking at that. There’s no leadership. Them making it past week one of the Western Gauntlet wouldn’t be the work of the almighty himself. Never seen a team get worse like that every week. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, harlem545 said:

Only person showing any kind of fight is Hackett and it rubbed off on the Defense. He’s constantly on the defense either hyping theme up or chewing them out. I don’t see that for the offense. You know Brand would be sick right now looking at that. There’s no leadership. Them making it past week one of the Western Gauntlet wouldn’t be the work of the almighty himself. Never seen a team get worse like that every week. 

Yeah man I dont want to criticize the higher ups for the head coach hire but to follow brand takes a special type of coach. I talked to another Vance alum parent tonight and he disagreed that not having Brands vibe wasnt the problem....I disagree whole heartedly...pardon me for saying it Brand was an asshole but he challenged his players and expected nothing but the best. And when something was wrong he made adjustments and played with what he had....I'm not sure if this is going on now. Again I'm not really sure.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, harlem545 said:

🗑🗑🗑🗑

U think Armstrong is a better QB choice besides Greer. Greer is a good kid I jus think playing QB at Vance was a little over his head. I preferred Kromah...difference between 7v7 and the real game. Now Kromah is balling over at AL Brown smh

Hmmmm there was no trap it was a team that played up and down to their competition and frankly wasnt as good a team as expected. 8-2 isnt a let down for many teams that's a success but if were looking for a championship repeat it's in trouble.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 704cougarsdad said:

Hmmmm there was no trap it was a team that played up and down to their competition and frankly wasnt as good a team as expected. 8-2 isnt a let down for many teams that's a success but if were looking for a championship repeat it's in trouble.

Well Imo Mooresville helped showed Vance Offense wasn't that great and Mooresville gave Vance all that could handle 

LKN make a great game plan due to the Mooresville game

New coaching staff...I was suspect preseason...jus proved my suspicions. Whatever they're going to do its do or die time. Its postseason and every1 is 0-0. Win or go home.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, 704cougarsdad said:

Yeah man I dont want to criticize the higher ups for the head coach hire but to follow brand takes a special type of coach. I talked to another Vance alum parent tonight and he disagreed that not having Brands vibe wasnt the problem....I disagree whole heartedly...pardon me for saying it Brand was an asshole but he challenged his players and expected nothing but the best. And when something was wrong he made adjustments and played with what he had....I'm not sure if this is going on now. Again I'm not really sure.

Only person yelling on the sideline is Hackett. Ferebee gets in em from time to time, but ferebee seems more like a technical coach. Can’t really judge him off this year. The oline coach seems to be on Mars half the time and we see how that’s going. Truth be told Vance should be fine in the coming year or 2. Things could have been A LOT worse for his first year. But they are missing that toughness bantams bought in. 

• Like 1

Just now, KoKie34 said:

That mouth son......that mouth will sometime retaliate back on you

Sir please dont come on here trolling if u noticed I havent been on ur MP posts s2v2 because it's not worth it with a person who isnt a true fan of a team. Now I've never said we were world beaters...I'm a true fan that means thru good and bad times..I'm not a bandwagon jumper every year jus to start BS like u came on here to do now. So please keep ur crap to ur MP posts...thank you have a good night!

• Like 1

Just now, 704cougarsdad said:

Sir please dont come on here trolling if u noticed I havent been on ur MP posts s2v2 because it's not worth it with a person who isnt a true fan of a team. Now I've never said we were world beaters...I'm a true fan that means thru good and bad times..I'm not a bandwagon jumper every year jus to start BS like u came on here to do now. So please keep ur crap to ur MP posts...thank you have a good night!

Purnell Sweat

Scotland

Richmond

Myers Park

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, 704cougarsdad said:

U think Armstrong is a better QB choice besides Greer. Greer is a good kid I jus think playing QB at Vance was a little over his head. I preferred Kromah...difference between 7v7 and the real game. Now Kromah is balling over at AL Brown smh

No, I have my faith in Greer. Too late for Armstrong. Pre Creek Greer is what Vance need. Hell Pre Creek Vance is what Vance needs. After the Creek game they’ve played worse each game. There’s no easy game in the West so it’s do or die time now. 

1 minute ago, harlem545 said:

No, I have my faith in Greer. Too late for Armstrong. Pre Creek Greer is what Vance need. Hell Pre Creek Vance is what Vance needs. After the Creek game they’ve played worse each game. There’s no easy game in the West so it’s do or die time now. 

Called coaching...teams have film and adjust. Something that were not doing. Its playoff time now so let's see what happens

• Like 1

The reason Hough had earlier season losses was the heat. After the 95 plus temperatures into mid October it was destined to happen. Factor in those 40 mile drives each day in a hot car and it takes your legs out.

• Haha 1

All I know is there’s a large chance we’re gonna have to see Butler right off Rip. It was a pretty nice season but playing like that ain’t gonna get you past Butler. I don’t blame the defense for shutting down on em last night either. At some point as an offense you’re gonna have to step up. Let’s hope they don’t have to see Butler. First.