bye         bye

6. heritage         6.davie county
11.knightdale         11. west charlotte

7. middle creek         7.lake norman
10. durham jordan         10. ragsdale

2. cardinal gibbons         2. grimsley
bye         bye
  • Thanks 1

4A West (couple of scenarios because of the CPC mess)

1 Grimsley-bye

8 Davie

9 Lake Norman

5 Glenn

12 South Caldwell

4 Scotland-bye

3 Ragsdale-bye

6 Hickory Ridge

11 West Meck

7 Mooresville 

10 Porter Ridge

2 East Forsyth-bye

4A East

1 New Bern

8 Seventy-First

9 Jordan

5 Jack Britt

12 Pine Forest

4 Heritage-bye

3 Cardinal Gibbons-bye

6 Middle Creek

11 South Central

7 Riverside

10 Knightdale

2 South View-bye

How can a team at best finished third in the conference and maybe fourth in the conference and get a fifth seed in the playoffs.

• Like 1

I think  you are referring to Jack Britt? New Bern, South View, Cardinal Gibbons and Heritage all finished 1st or 2nd in their conference.  After they seed the 1st and 2nd place conference teams, the rest of the seeding is based solely on the Adjusted MaxPreps Rankings.  Jack Britt's Adjusted MaxPreps Ranking is 13 which is the highest of the remaining teams in the 4A East.  That is why they received the 5 seed in the 4A East.  

Seventy-First who will finish 6th in the Sandhills Conference gets an 8 seed for the same reason

This is why I like Max Preps.  JB and 71st play in a super tough conference.  Instead of getting cast off and being lowered seeded or not making the playoffs when a team that beats up on inferior opposition gets in.

Would like for only the conference champion to be guaranteed a playoff spot.  After that it is all wild cards based on the Max Prep ranking.  Seed all teams from top to bottom by Max Prep.  I don't care if a team is a conference champion with a great record.  If it was achieved by being in a weak conference and playing a lot of bad teams non conference they should not be rewarded.

• Like 3

But now you're punishing them for the conference that the NCHSAA puts them in. That's not right either. They should seed based on record and conference finish. SOS should be taken into account as well, but shouldn't destroy a teams seed based on their conference strength alone. It's also hard for 4A schools in the East to find other quality 4A opponents sometimes based on their conference and travel arrangements or abilities. 

1 hour ago, Eagles 1313 said:

I think  you are referring to Jack Britt? New Bern, South View, Cardinal Gibbons and Heritage all finished 1st or 2nd in their conference.  After they seed the 1st and 2nd place conference teams, the rest of the seeding is based solely on the Adjusted MaxPreps Rankings.  Jack Britt's Adjusted MaxPreps Ranking is 13 which is the highest of the remaining teams in the 4A East.  That is why they received the 5 seed in the 4A East.  

Seventy-First who will finish 6th in the Sandhills Conference gets an 8 seed for the same reason

Mooresville

I have Mooresville as a 7 seed.  It is possible for them to jump Hickory Ridge and get to a 6 seed, but that would require them defeating Mallard Creek and I think the Creek is on a mission right now.  Not saying it's not possible, but the odds aren't in their favor to defeat Mallard Creek. 

4 hours ago, Eagles 1313 said:

4A West (couple of scenarios because of the CPC mess)

1 Grimsley-bye

8 Davie

9 Lake Norman

5 Glenn

12 South Caldwell

4 Scotland-bye

3 Ragsdale-bye

6 Hickory Ridge

11 West Meck

7 Mooresville 

10 Porter Ridge

2 East Forsyth-bye

4A East

1 New Bern

8 Seventy-First

9 Jordan

5 Jack Britt

12 Pine Forest

4 Heritage-bye

3 Cardinal Gibbons-bye

6 Middle Creek

11 South Central

7 Riverside

10 Knightdale

2 South View-bye

Not sure if you’ve seen them but the HSOT has Glenn as the 2 seed, East Forsyth was at the 4 spot. What’s the tiebreaker scenario in play here that would flip that? Are they (HSOT) projecting a Glenn win this week over West Forsyth (I think)?

20 minutes ago, Eagles 1313 said:

I have Mooresville as a 7 seed.  It is possible for them to jump Hickory Ridge and get to a 6 seed, but that would require them defeating Mallard Creek and I think the Creek is on a mission right now.  Not saying it's not possible, but the odds aren't in their favor to defeat Mallard Creek. 

I’ll say it for you, It’s not possible 😂. There would have to be the absolute perfect storm of thing to align for an upset of that magnitude to happen. Lol

CPC Scenarios

West wins = West #1

Glenn wins = Glenn #1

Glenn loss + EF win + Reagan win = 3 way tie for 2nd and will have to draw for the 2 seed

West loss + EF win + Reagan win = West #2, Reagan #3, EF #4, Davie #5

Reagan loss + EF Win + WF win = EF #2, Glenn #3, Davie #4, Reagan #5

EF loss = EF #5

I think that's just about all the scenarios possible.  I know what HSOT has, but I've also seen the entire CPC with my own eyes and I think it's very possible to have a 3 way draw Friday night for the 2 seed.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Eagles 1313 said:

CPC Scenarios

West wins = West #1

Glenn wins = Glenn #1

Glenn loss + EF win + Reagan win = 3 way tie for 2nd and will have to draw for the 2 seed

West loss + EF win + Reagan win = West #2, Reagan #3, EF #4, Davie #5

Reagan loss + EF Win + WF win = EF #2, Glenn #3, Davie #4, Reagan #5

EF loss = EF #5

I think that's just about all the scenarios possible.  I know what HSOT has, but I've also seen the entire CPC with my own eyes and I think it's very possible to have a 3 way draw Friday night for the 2 seed.

What a crazy conference the CPC has been this season 

Teams that beat EF haven't been able to win the following week (WF loss to Davie and Reagan loss to WF) so that has made the entire conference entertaining for sure.  I know one thing, EF sure could use a bye week to help heal up some injuries, but only time will tell on those. Maybe EF and Mooresville will cross paths again this year.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, btango said:

This is why I like Max Preps.  JB and 71st play in a super tough conference.  Instead of getting cast off and being lowered seeded or not making the playoffs when a team that beats up on inferior opposition gets in.

Would like for only the conference champion to be guaranteed a playoff spot.  After that it is all wild cards based on the Max Prep ranking.  Seed all teams from top to bottom by Max Prep.  I don't care if a team is a conference champion with a great record.  If it was achieved by being in a weak conference and playing a lot of bad teams non conference they should not be rewarded.

B I agree 100% just look at Ragsdale.  They are playing a team this week that is 0-10 and that win probably gets them a top 4 seed and SC will drop to a 5 or worst if they loose to RC . the #1 team according to this system. I think the conf champ gets one home game and automatic entry into dance like NCAA hoops but their seed is based on the total body of work not some sh#tty conf where you have sisters of the poor playing week in and out!  Its a disservice to the teams that schedule hard and play in tough conferences.  

1 hour ago, MooresvilleDevil06 said:

I’ll say it for you, It’s not possible 😂. There would have to be the absolute perfect storm of thing to align for an upset of that magnitude to happen. Lol

I honestly think it's going to be a better game than people think. Mooresville has shocked a lot of people this year against the "best" teams in the state. 

32 minutes ago, Rick Harrington said:

84K is still pissed off over that 30 - 0 shut out handed to his beloved Oneders by Mooresville.  Get over it.

Wait till next year. lol

What is the rationale behind giving the top teams  a bye? They are already playing the lowest level teams in the playoff tournament and can play all their games at home but they also get a chance to rest and heal. Seems like a lot for a HS. 

This hasn't always been the case right?

I hate all of these BYES. I wish they would go back to the 25-25-25-25 system until they go to the 5 classification system (if that ever happens). Even if or when they do that these BYES will still occur. I personally hate BYES period. 

• Like 2

Started using the byes when 1A and 4A went to 48 teams in the playoffs or 24 in 1A/4A and 24 in 1AA/4AA.  In 2A/3A and 2AA/3AA there are no byes because there are 32 total teams in each A and AA

1 hour ago, Glenn said:

I hate all of these BYES. I wish they would go back to the 25-25-25-25 system until they go to the 5 classification system (if that ever happens). Even if or when they do that these BYES will still occur. I personally hate BYES period. 

Let’s make it very simple and have 32 teams in 1A and 4A make the playoffs.  No byes.  Over 40% of the schools still make the playoffs.

Kets go back to the old way 25% across the board and no subdividing, four classes with four champions!!!!!  

• Like 1

Started using the byes when 1A and 4A went to 48 teams in the playoffs or 24 in 1A/4A and 24 in 1AA/4AA.  In 2A/3A and 2AA/3AA there are no byes because there are 32 total teams in each A and AA

I know but I still hate them.

Kets go back to the old way 25% across the board and no subdividing, four classes with four champions!!!!!

Kets not. :D I like the 8 champion system.