Sign in to follow this  
Vik-Val 86

Carson ( 2-9) at South Iredell (4-6)

Rate this topic

This will be the last game at South. SI needs this win for 3rd place and maybe a playoff spot. Not sure how many teams will make the playoffs in this conference. Carson may  only have 2 wins but I think they will play South tough. This had been a tough year for South Iredell so hopefully they will improve for next year. With this game I wouldn’t be surprised to see a close one but going with the Vikings in a win this one. 

South will win this game and go to the Playoffs... They will end with 5 wins overall and 3rd place in the NPC... It's teams that finsh 4th in there conference that make it to the Playoffs... Remember, South had a huge win over Davie...

• Like 1

Just now, Mr.Blue&Gray said:

South Iredell will finish 3rd in Conference and should make the Play-Offs.  South Iredell will be 3AA and Statesville and West Rowan 3A.

do u know what the cut off is ... I'm kinda shocked how Statesville/NI have bout the same # of students (NI has bout 3-5 student less) so I wonder How close there to the 2A cut off 

2 minutes ago, Mr.Blue&Gray said:

South Iredell will finish 3rd in Conference and should make the Play-Offs.  South Iredell will be 3AA and Statesville and West Rowan 3A.

Thank you...

Being homefield will help a lot for South. I just hope they can play a good game keeping mistakes and turnovers down. Should be a good one. 

7 minutes ago, BlueDevilsBiggestFan said:

do u know what the cut off is ... I'm kinda shocked how Statesville/NI have bout the same # of students (NI has bout 3-5 student less) so I wonder How close there to the 2A cut off 

If it wasn't for the archiecture program at SHS. Statesville would be very close to being a 2A School. East Rowan could very well go 2A next realignment. South Iredell might be on the border line moving up to 4A, but what do i know.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Vik-Val 86 said:

Being homefield will help a lot for South. I just hope they can play a good game keeping mistakes and turnovers down. Should be a good one. 

South Iredell should be able to win this one.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Steve Johnston said:

While I will be at this game as a Carson parent there is no way on God's green earth I will be sitting on the visitor bleachers....I would like to live to see SAT...lol

Lol them some good bleachers. They been there for years. 

On 11/10/2019 at 10:43 AM, Old ball coach said:

Coach Miller has a class football program. He took a knee on an extra point and for the final 3 minutes took a knee from inside the redzone. Very good program and classy coaches. Good luck in the playoffs.

I’m glad South has Coach Miller and staff. Yes this is a very good program. Coach Miller has done real well since coming to South. 

I think that a team should have to have a record of 5-5 or 6-5 to get into the playoffs. All others should be excluded regardless of where they finish. BTW, did I tell you that I hate BYES! I don't even like them in the regular season. A BYE in the playoffs is RIDICULOUS!

4 hours ago, Glenn said:

I think that a team should have to have a record of 5-5 or 6-5 to get into the playoffs. All others should be excluded regardless of where they finish. BTW, did I tell you that I hate BYES! I don't even like them in the regular season. A BYE in the playoffs is RIDICULOUS!

Glenn, I’m with you about not having byes in the playoffs. Would like to see adjustments made where there is no byes in the playoffs. I have never play football but the way I see it not playing the 1st rd can have an effect on a team with a bye. Now I could be wrong about that. I’m sure other reasons to go with this. 

Vik, I agree with you. Sometimes when you have injuries this extra week gives them time to heal it can be a good thing. At this time of the year you can structure your practice to give them time to get their legs back under them so to speak. Kind of like taking a weeks vacation and feeling so great when you go back to work (as long as you like your job) the next week. But, a week off also makes it difficult to keep up up the momentum you gained up to that point. I have actually lost players or have them injured during the open week. So, that is why I am not a huge fan of open weeks or BYES! I think they do more harm than good.

• Like 1