Rate this topic

Well this one's gonna get ugly, quick! We'll finish the season 5-6 and if we make the playoffs I hope we get a team we haven't played this year. Shelby will score as many as they want and hopefully they show some mercy.

Again, how many points did Chase put on South Point? Heck Shelby is going to get there by half. Just kidding. Truth is it will not be a typical game like the past. Shelby has a great offensive line who give their QB twice the time most get.

You know what’s crazy? Played Crest in the first game and was within one score. Played Burns and had them on the ropes. Lost by a couple points. Maybe SP keeps it close.

I believe South Point will be fine in the future of next year. They are young along with injuries. Had a decent Chase team 28-7 at one point. Next year I see them as a lot better team. 

Maybe it's just me, I kinda hope SP doesn't go to the playoffs this year. I know it will break a streak but I think it could be motivation for next year's team. Getting in at 5 - 6 will put you playing one of the best teams in the west.  I don't think this year's team needs that. Hit the weight room hard this off season, stay healthy, renew that Raider pride and who knows.

18 hours ago, Vik-Val 86 said:

I believe South Point will be fine in the future of next year. They are young along with injuries. Had a decent Chase team 28-7 at one point. Next year I see them as a lot better team. 

You're probably right, but this year just slapped us in the face and we're a little spoiled!! As far as the playoffs go I think we'll make it but I just want to go to the mountains to play. I enjoy making the drive and trying new spots to get my grub on!

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Stick82 said:

You're probably right, but this year just slapped us in the face and we're a little spoiled!! As far as the playoffs go I think we'll make it but I just want to go to the mountains to play. I enjoy making the drive and trying new spots to get my grub on!

You might get your wish. Like a long way such as Pisgah. That might put you in a cave with a wood fire eating raccoon on a stick.

• Like 2

How can SP make the playoffs finishing 4th in the conference and with a record of 5-6?  IMHO they don't deserve a playoff spot the way they have played.  If a team with a losing record and 4th in their conference makes it, it just proves there are way too many teams making the playoffs and they are too watered down.  My goodness.  

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, RedRaider73 said:

How can SP make the playoffs finishing 4th in the conference and with a record of 5-6?  IMHO they don't deserve a playoff spot the way they have played.  If a team with a losing record and 4th in their conference makes it, it just proves there are way too many teams making the playoffs and they are too watered down.  My goodness.  

Agree 100% but there may be a team that finishes second in their conferenve with an 8-3 record that SP would roll through.  

Too many teams make the playoffs and too many subclassess / champions.

• Like 1

On 11/2/2019 at 10:54 PM, Cagle89 said:

Running clock bets? 

Honestly running clock by halftime. The Shelby staff is very classy so I don't think they'll step on our throats while we're on the ground. 56-0 final unless they put some band kids in and we get lucky and fall in the endzone!

Shoot, this year SP couldn't win the game or the fight (if there was one).  The offense has shown signs of life at times this season.  The defense, not so much. I'll be there to support the kids but it ain't gonna be pretty. I've always wondered how coaches get their kids ready for games they have no chance winning.

2 hours ago, SPRaiders78 said:

Shoot, this year SP couldn't win the game or the fight (if there was one).  The offense has shown signs of life at times this season.  The defense, not so much. I'll be there to support the kids but it ain't gonna be pretty. I've always wondered how coaches get their kids ready for games they have no chance winning.

Idk ask Hillary....

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Stick82 said:

Honestly running clock by halftime. The Shelby staff is very classy so I don't think they'll step on our throats while we're on the ground. 56-0 final unless they put some band kids in and we get lucky and fall in the endzone!

Now that funny

• Haha 1

I heard the QB that played when I saw them play this year had been released from the doctors but was not going to play. That has got to be devastating for the       Players and coaches at SP. Do any of you SP fans know any details on this?

56 minutes ago, SPRaiders78 said:

Who knows, I think there have been at least five different kids that have played QB this year and none of them in mop up situations.  

I think the one I saw play may have been a receiver possibly getting offers from an ACC school. Can’t remember his name but made the offense work well.

5 hours ago, Heritage 84 said:

I heard the QB that played when I saw them play this year had been released from the doctors but was not going to play. That has got to be devastating for the       Players and coaches at SP. Do any of you SP fans know any details on this?

Yes he was released from the doctor, but for some reason still isn't playing. He quit on the team plain and simple, but having a doctor's note to quit doesn't look as bad as just walking away. Way more to the story but its irrelevant at this point.

• Sad 2

Shelby 49 SP 0. Running clock? YES! Will be there ,diehard Red Raider fan. About 21 years since Raiders have had a losing season. Like Stick said maybe road trip to mountains if we make playoffs. A 5-6 team just doesn't seem right for playoffs.

Who would you say has the better odds?  Konkord beating Kannapolis or South Point beating Shelby?  Wouldn't you like to put $50.00 on both games with the odds and win one.

SP played much better than I expected.  We were never really in the game but the score did stay a lot closer than the final indicates.  It really was more like a two touchdown win for Shelby who really didn't look that impressive as the #1 team in the state.  Still plenty good though.  SP may slip up on somebody next week if they get a 13 seed and can play like they did tonight.  A playoff win this year would definitely be an early Christmas present.   

• Like 2

We played a lack luster game...still won 49-21..D terrible in 1st half..played better in 2nd. Boys werent focused know SP is down..SP played with heart...you guess will be back..

• Like 1

From what I heard last night we lost another couple of players this week.  More selfishness and discipline issues. These kind of problems have really raised their heads this year.

It appeared that the players on the field gave it all they had. That's all you can ask of anybody.

Good luck SOUTH POINT. I like the rest of the Raider family is hoping that these type issues are behind us and we get back to being SOUTH POINT.   GO BIG RED!!!!!

12 minutes ago, SPRaiders78 said:

From what I heard last night we lost another couple of players this week.  More selfishness and discipline issues. These kind of problems have really raised their heads this year.

It appeared that the players on the field gave it all they had. That's all you can ask of anybody.

Good luck SOUTH POINT. I like the rest of the Raider family is hoping that these type issues are behind us and we get back to being SOUTH POINT.   GO BIG RED!!!!!

A kid got his car broken into while at practice, he found out who it was and gave him a week to return his money. The kid didn't and took a butt whooping! If I were 17 I would have done the same thing, heck I'm 37 and would have done the same thing! I ain't mad at the kid for that!

7 hours ago, shelbyfan said:

We played a lack luster game...still won 49-21..D terrible in 1st half..played better in 2nd. Boys werent focused know SP is down..SP played with heart...you guess will be back..

It was obvious that Shelby was looking over SP to the playoffs. Your offensive line didn't look great tonight, 72 for SP got held all night. Now I'm not complaining or anything like that just stating something that needs to be fixed for Shelby to win a State title which they're more than capable of. Proud of the boys in Red we hung in there for the most part. On to next week!

SP's defense put more pressure on Shelby's qb than they did on anybody all year. At times the defensive back field played lights out, at other times completely out of position. Kids what you gonna do. 

I think last night, the first half especially gives them setting to build on. GO  BIG RED

Red Raiders you played hard last night. Very proud of your effort. Most of the guys have hung in there this season. Injuries and other things have hurt them. Shelby alot of talent. Good luck to Golden Lions. On to next week for Red Raiders. Go Big Red!