MooresvilleDevil06

Mallard Creek (9-0-1) at Mooresville (6-4)

Rate this topic

5 hours ago, 84k said:

M.C. in a upset 28-0

Okay guys, I know MC is a big favorite in this game I was just given a sarcastic score. If you've been reading all the Mooresville threads this year you know I have been  picking them to get upset every week this year. I think MC wins round 28 points.

On 11/2/2019 at 3:17 PM, Wrigley said:

The only rankings that matter are on the NCHSAA web site. Max Prep adjusted rankings. Myers Park was the 12th ranked team in 4a going into yesterday. Doesnt matter what Mooresville does. Myers Park will not have a #1 seed. It is entirely possible they will need to play two games on the road to get to the championship round.

That us  BS max preps rankings are a joke, the NCHSAA has lost its mind!

Remember this is the game that ultimately took Mooresville out of the playoffs last year with all the injuries.  Mooresville needs to protect themselves Friday night.  Mallard Creek will be trying to burse you up again which is sad.  They are only hurting the Imeck in the small playoffs.  I don’t care what the final score is just come out of this healthy!  If they run it up it only shows what poor sports they are.

15 minutes ago, Nicko said:

Remember this is the game that ultimately took Mooresville out of the playoffs last year with all the injuries.  Mooresville needs to protect themselves Friday night.  Mallard Creek will be trying to burse you up again which is sad.  They are only hurting the Imeck in the small playoffs.  I don’t care what the final score is just come out of this healthy!  If they run it up it only shows what poor sports they are.

Run it up? I believe you’re underestimating your program. If Creek happens to get a comfortable lead, as usual they’ll start a heavy rotation of back ups. Not in the business of trying to run up scores. 

14 hours ago, 84k said:

Okay guys, I know MC is a big favorite in this game I was just given a sarcastic score. If you've been reading all the Mooresville threads this year you know I have been  picking them to get upset every week this year. I think MC wins round 28 points.

Disappointed you didn’t pick 2-0. 

1 hour ago, Nicko said:

Isnt Mooresville a 4a school?

3 hours ago, wonderfan said:

That us  BS max preps rankings are a joke, the NCHSAA has lost its mind!

Personally I could care less. I think in 95% of the cases Home field advantage is a myth. Very few HS teams have a true home field advantage especially in NC in the 4a ranks.  

However,  this is the system and based on how the adjusted rankings have been I doubt Myers PRk climbs much above #8 which means probably 2 road games to get to the final.

20 hours ago, 84k said:

Remember this;  Mooresville - 30  A.L. Brown - 0!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Absolutely proud of the effort our boys played with tonight. Hung in with the absolute best for a half. And even led for a brief moment (I believe first time we’ve ever led vs Creek all time). And congratulations to Creek on your season. Unbelievable program y’all have. Just an absolute machine.

and also a HUGE thank you goes out to the Mallard Creek Football program, coaches and players, for presenting Mooresville with a plaque at the coin toss to honor our fallen warrior, Gavin Sharpe. That meant so much to so many in our stands. There’s no way we could ever express how thankful we are to have yalls support. 

• Like 4

Good ballgame. Exactly what I expected.  Creek rested a couple kids. Mville defense played very well in first half. Scrappy team. I actually like Dibernardo at QB he just had zero time to throw the ball and took an absolute beating in 2nd half. Creek defense was unrelenting. 

Nice moment during the coin toss. Class move.

Favorite moment of the game was after the punt block for the TD. Mville side was rocking the " overated" chant. By the middle of the 3rd quarter it was like Sunday mass over there. Quite as a mouse.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

🙂 you had to know that was coming ^^^^

but seriously, MC came out a little flat on offense and Mooresville had a decent first half, considering the task at hand. when MC finally hit their stride it was obvious who had the horses. Noler (sp?) and Simpson were fantastic, and i’ll give a shout-out to the Blue Devil defense for keeping it close. much respect to MC for remaining a steady force in the IMECK and doing it the right way.

1 hour ago, Grey/Green&Gold said:

Mooresville and The Lake have really closed the gap in the I-Meck... You will see these two programs make an even bigger step next year... They both will fight for the top... IT WILL HAPPEN!!!!!!!!!

Neither team scored an offensive TD against Mallard Creek?? Combined they may have 150 yards.....

Mooresville and The Lake have really closed the gap in the I-Meck... You will see these two programs make an even bigger step next year... They both will fight for the top... IT WILL HAPPEN!!!!!!!!!

Nothing against Mooresville and Lake Norman, but as long as M.C. is in that confornce they will be playing for 2nd place.

They both will be in the PLAYOFFS and they got alot coming back next year... What's the beef with these teams ???

A lot coming back. We graduate like half our roster lol. And please... we won’t be anywhere near that Mallard Creek level. That’s a whole different beast. Stop speaking nonsense on our behalf. Lol 😂 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

They both will be in the PLAYOFFS and they got alot coming back next year... What's the beef with these teams ???

Zero beef and if the bar is set at making the playoffs then you are correct. They will accomplish that. However, you said they were closing the gap in the Imeck and since neither of them beat any of the top 3 teams this year and only scored on a blocked punt against the conf champ I would say they have not closed any gap.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Wrigley said:

Zero beef and if the bar is set at making the playoffs then you are correct. They will accomplish that. However, you said they were closing the gap in the Imeck and since neither of them beat any of the top 3 teams this year and only scored on a blocked punt against the conf champ I would say they have not closed any gap.

Agreed. If it was said that maybe closed the gap a bit on 2nd or 3rd? Then ok maybe I bite on that. Maybe. But the top of the conference? Come on that’s crazy. Maybe if this was a one school county. Maybe lol

3 hours ago, MooresvilleDevil06 said:

A lot coming back. We graduate like half our roster lol. And please... we won’t be anywhere near that Mallard Creek level. That’s a whole different beast. Stop speaking nonsense on our behalf. Lol 😂 

😵😱😨...

2 hours ago, Wrigley said:

😵😱😨...

2 hours ago, MooresvilleDevil06 said:

Agreed. If it was said that maybe closed the gap a bit on 2nd or 3rd? Then ok maybe I bite on that. Maybe. But the top of the conference? Come on that’s crazy. Maybe if this was a one school county. Maybe lol

😵😱😨...