MooresvilleDevil06

Mallard Creek (9-0-1) at Mooresville (6-4)

Rate this topic

First off, congratulations to the Mavericks on claiming another I-Meck football championship. A helluva dynasty they’ve got down there. As for this game... there’s just not a lot that needs to be said. I feel like offensively we played our best game of the season last night. But obviously this is a different beast. I don’t really care what the score is... just for the love of god I pray both teams just come out of this game healthy. I hate us having this one scheduled a week before the playoffs, we got really banged up in this one last year and it hurt us in the second season. 

Call me crazy but please Mooresville even if it's by one point win this game.  They've been keeping Mallard Creek number one and Myers Park two week after week.  And if Mallard Creek lose then that number one spot at home is ours. But I'm anxious to see where Richmond County is going to be East or West I'm hoping it be East.  They can have fun with Wake Forest  Cardinal Gibbons and Leesville Road.

2 hours ago, Ace Newman said:

Call me crazy but please Mooresville even if it's by one point win this game.  They've been keeping Mallard Creek number one and Myers Park two week after week.  And if they lose then that number one spot at home is ours. But I'm anxious to see where Richmond County is going to be East or West I'm hoping it be East.  They can have fun with Wake Forest  Cardinal Gibbons and Leesville Road.

Not sure who " they" is but Max Prep adjusted ranks has Myers Park at #12. Its the only " they" that matters.

38 minutes ago, Wrigley said:

Not sure who " they" is but Max Prep adjusted ranks has Myers Park at #12. Its the only " they" that matters.

I see we were looking at different rankings mine came from HighSchoolOT. But if Mallard Creek beats Mooresville they will get #1 home field advantage and this Mooresville chance to spoil it.  But to be fair Independence has the same opportunity to mess up MP seeding too.  

Just now, Ace Newman said:

I see we were looking at different rankings mine came from HighSchoolOT. But if Mallard Creek beats Mooresville they will get #1 home field advantage and this Mooresville chance to spoil it.  But to be fair Independence has the same opportunity to mess up MP seeding too.  

The only rankings that matter are on the NCHSAA web site. Max Prep adjusted rankings. Myers Park was the 12th ranked team in 4a going into yesterday. Doesnt matter what Mooresville does. Myers Park will not have a #1 seed. It is entirely possible they will need to play two games on the road to get to the championship round.

3 hours ago, Ace Newman said:

Call me crazy but please Mooresville even if it's by one point win this game.  They've been keeping Mallard Creek number one and Myers Park two week after week.  And if Mallard Creek lose then that number one spot at home is ours. But I'm anxious to see where Richmond County is going to be East or West I'm hoping it be East.  They can have fun with Wake Forest  Cardinal Gibbons and Leesville Road.

Hate to give ya the bad news.... lol

Think the game is closer than expected.  Creek up huge for the Hough game and looking at the start of playoffs. I also suspect anyone who might be banged up will play limited snaps. Mooresville will want to show out for their old OC.

Thinking...28-10 Creek

• Like 1

I would not be excited about this game... Dangerous game, very dangerous game... THIS IS A TOUGH STADIUM TO PLAY IN THIS TIME OF YEAR... Creek is the better team, but Mooresville is Mooresville in Race City...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Grey/Green&Gold said:

I would not be excited about this game... Dangerous game, very dangerous game... THIS IS A TOUGH STADIUM TO PLAY IN THIS TIME OF YEAR... Creek is the better team, but Mooresville is Mooresville in Race City...

Tough stadium to play in.... when the game is close lol. I don’t think any expects that to be the case here. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MooresvilleDevil06 said:

Tough stadium to play in.... when the game is close lol. I don’t think any expects that to be the case here. 

I'm a Iredell County boy, I know a little something about you guys...

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Wrigley said:

Think the game is closer than expected.  Creek up huge for the Hough game and looking at the start of playoffs. I also suspect anyone who might be banged up will play limited snaps. Mooresville will want to show out for their old OC.

Thinking...28-10 Creek

I like your optimism Wrigley. I do lol. 

6 minutes ago, Grey/Green&Gold said:

It’s not as dangerous playing Dutch Fork, Gaffney and Vance at their house in front of sold out crowds. MC is not falling asleep against MHS. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, work7 said:

It not as dangerous playing Dutch Fork, Gaffney and Vance at their house in front of sold out crowd. MC is not falling asleep against MHS. 

Good luck to your Creek guys Work. Always enjoy when y’all come to town. Games may not always be the best but y’all always bring a great crowd. 

2 minutes ago, work7 said:

It’s not as dangerous playing Dutch Fork, Gaffney and Vance at their house in front of sold out crowds. MC is not falling asleep against MHS. 

you know what they say about "Trap" games

cough hough cough

5 minutes ago, Livermushmaster said:

cough hough cough

Dont see this as a trap game History has proven that this game isn't a TRAP game ..

0-6 
2009 41-21
2010 58-0
2011 45-3
2012 56-11
2017 27-0 
2018 50-7 

5 minutes ago, Livermushmaster said:

cough hough cough

Wrong Year! Mallard Creek is not falling asleep against. Robert Hellams was the OC for MHS last year. You think he's Cough Hough Cough?  52-13 :) 

Just now, BlueDevilsBiggestFan said:

Dont see this a trap game History has proven that this game isn't a TRAP game 

0-6 
2009 41-21
2010 58-0
2011 45-3
2012 56-11
2017 27-0 
2018 50-7 

that's when they become trap games

4 minutes ago, Grey/Green&Gold said:

This won't roll as sweet as you think work7...

How exactly am i thinking?  All i said is MC is not sleeping on MHS. 

Just now, work7 said:

Wrong Year! Mallard Creek is not falling asleep against. Robert Hellams was the OC for MHS last year. You think he's Cough Hough Cough?  52-13 :) 

the creek best be ready as waters could rise and drown

3 minutes ago, Livermushmaster said:

the creek best be ready as waters could rise and drown

OK! 

Boy these MP smelling themselves aren't they!!!! Anyways u cant sleep on mooresville, cant give them confidence like we did. They are a scrappy team and gave they're all vs us. I say go ahead n get up early...then sit the starters halfway thru the 3rd quarter.

25 minutes ago, 704cougarsdad said:

Boy these MP smelling themselves aren't they!!!! Anyways u cant sleep on mooresville, cant give them confidence like we did. They are a scrappy team and gave they're all vs us. I say go ahead n get up early...then sit the starters halfway thru the 3rd quarter.

Invasion of the concession stand workers! Lol!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

On 11/2/2019 at 11:20 AM, MooresvilleDevil06 said:

First off, congratulations to the Mavericks on claiming another I-Meck football championship. A helluva dynasty they’ve got down there. As for this game... there’s just not a lot that needs to be said. I feel like offensively we played our best game of the season last night. But obviously this is a different beast. I don’t really care what the score is... just for the love of god I pray both teams just come out of this game healthy. I hate us having this one scheduled a week before the playoffs, we got really banged up in this one last year and it hurt us in the second season. 

I agree Devil06 about both teams coming out healthy and hopefully no injuries. 

• Like 1