Sign in to follow this  
Ace Newman

Myers Park (10-0) @ Independence (6-4)

Rate this topic

Myers Park will be tested mentally in this game at The Big I since this is the crossover to postseason.  I expect them to beat Independence after that spectacular game vs Porter Ridge but why was Drake Maye still playing after the 3rd quarter ended.  Ok they wanted to let him get one more score but MP has to start playing more disciplined football gambling with Drake near the end of season.  And towards the end of the game they were so determined to get that last TD instead of running the clock out probably to make a statement to Mallard Creek.  Just play humble and dont get into this routine of making silly decisions especially around the playoffs.

11 hours ago, Ace Newman said:

Myers Park will be tested mentally in this game at The Big I since this is the crossover to postseason.  I expect them to beat Independence after that spectacular game vs Porter Ridge but why was Drake Maye still playing after the 3rd quarter ended.  Ok they wanted to let him get one more score but MP has to start playing more disciplined football gambling with Drake near the end of season.  And towards the end of the game they were so determined to get that last TD instead of running the clock out probably to make a statement to Mallard Creek.  Just play humble and dont get into this routine of making silly decisions especially around the playoffs.

MP 52 Independence 21

11 hours ago, Ace Newman said:

This has been said the past 10 games - Whats up Ranger

2 hours ago, Antithesis said:

easy squeezy football no turnovers please

Stripping the Rock from Drake is key to create turnovers. I am yet to see it. Since the last 10 games have been nothing but great, I can say that MP is well prepared for Big Moments, during Big Games. These are next games to look forward to.

On 11/2/2019 at 6:49 PM, Livermushmaster said:

MP 52 Independence 21

Were you made aware of the weather Friday. 51 degrees the High / 29 Degrees the low. I do know that Drake has thrown for 415 yards and 4 touchdowns on the coldest night so far. 

Its obvious cold weather does not effect Myers Park performance.

Its tied 14 -14 I said it...Independence aint no pushover team.  They running backs aint playing around..and Myers Park is having to run too.  MP has to win this game....then the playoffs.  

• Thanks 1

Moose III ran a spectacular kickoff return for a touchdown.  And then after halftime Myers Park finally played their game. I'll give Independence some credit they didn't give up and for a 6-5 team they were good and did something no other team has done all season...take a 14 point lead in the first quarter. 

Final Myers Park 56 Independence 20

• Thanks 1

Wow was it chillier than ice out here. Those Independence folks scored 7. Then MP tied it. Then Independence up 14-7. Now that was a moment I will admit, that I started wetting my pants. I didnt know what was going on. I believe MP will have to make some major adjustments. That is a learning moment that will come back to us in the playoffs.

Great game plan by Independence

Kokie, going forward it is requested that you post a photo, or send it to admin, showing you at the game.  In front of the scoreboard at a certain score, with the teams behind you, or some way to prove your presence.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, btango said:

Kokie, going forward it is requested that you post a photo, or send it to admin, showing you at the game.  In front of the scoreboard at a certain score, with the teams behind you, or some way to prove your presence.

I love me some Btango LOL

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, btango said:

This is not Miami Vice Btango.....call me Hollywood

meme2

Check out that picture in the background - AATW

Heck Chris might be ready to hire me Btango......what do you think?

49 minutes ago, Ace Newman said:

Moose III ran a spectacular kickoff return for a touchdown.  And then after halftime Myers Park finally played their game. I'll give Independence some credit they didn't give up and for a 6-5 team they were good and did something no other team has done all season...take a 14 point lead in the first quarter. 

Final Myers Park 56 Independence 20

it was 14-7 , they never had a 14 point lead

• Like 1

Some say it's hard to pass in the cold weather so only SIX TD passes for Drake tonight.

Congrats to the OL and the RB's for running the ball so well tonight, the best we've ran it last year or this year.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, KoKie34 said:

This is not Miami Vice Btango.....call me Hollywood

meme2

Check out that picture in the background - AATW

Heck Chris might be ready to hire me Btango......what do you think?

Kokie all dressed up lookin good

24 minutes ago, btango said:

Kokie always traveling with Drake and Company - Who's this guy?

Please dont say it's the guy y'all see in that UNC uniform

drake

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Livermushmaster said:

it was 14-7 , they never had a 14 point lead

Thats what I meant. 14-7 sorry.  And yes thats the best our RBs performed in a game.  

• Like 1