Sign in to follow this  
Chris Hughes

West Cabarrus Head Football Coach Opening

I am told that interviews will begin soon after the regular season is over and that they hope to have a coach in place by the holidays, so I would act quickly if interested. 

Who would be considered to be some front runners for this job and what type of job could this be? Being a new school has some intrigue but some inherent issues too. Doubtful they would consider a first time HC for this undertaking, but I could be wrong.

• Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, burner0416 said:

Who would be considered to be some front runners for this job and what type of job could this be? Being a new school has some intrigue but some inherent issues too. Doubtful they would consider a first time HC for this undertaking, but I could be wrong.

I have a pretty good hunch that they want an experienced coach. The new district lines for this school are very well drawn for them to have some success. 

As for speculating on a coach, I won’t do that during the season when said coaches are still in season with their own teams. 

There some inactive coaches that I’d consider like former Burns/North Lincoln/Newton-Conover head coach Matt Beam, or even former East Lincoln coach Mike Byus who’s currently out of state. 

1 hour ago, Chris Hughes said:

I have a pretty good hunch that they want an experienced coach. The new district lines for this school are very well drawn for them to have some success. 

As for speculating on a coach, I won’t do that during the season when said coaches are still in season with their own teams. 

There some inactive coaches that I’d consider like former Burns/North Lincoln/Newton-Conover head coach Matt Beam, or even former East Lincoln coach Mike Byus who’s currently out of state. 

Thanks, Chris. Sounds like this will be an attractive situation for the right person. Also, sounds like it may start a domino effect of coaching changes.

Phillip Furr (AD) played for me at Mt Pleasant( FB and Baseball) He was a very  good player in both sports. He is also a great guy. Very coachable. Hard worker. Very personable.

• Thanks 1

Sign in to follow this