Sign in to follow this  
JCK

Madison's Grit

Rate this topic

I have heard all season about how bad Madison was. At the ballgame last night, I witnessed two things I had never seen. 48 points in the first quarter and most importantly a group of young men that never gave up. They fought with all they had all night. To me that says more about those young men than any score could every say. They are winning at life!

I hope that they stay together over the next several years and continue to work hard, when those freshmen get to be seniors that will have a football team!

• Like 1

@JCK, I think that a lot of that grit and toughness comes from their head coach, Kyle Hutchison.  I know that it's been a tough year for the team, but Hutchison is a really good coach, and an even better man and teacher, and I think given time, he can get that program turned around. 

It's hard to compete when you're low on talent, but hopefully he can get the numbers up, and maybe snag a few athletes from some of the other teams at the school, and get things pointed in the right direction. 

Also, Hutchison is a U.S. Marine so that gives us a clue as to where that grit came from, I think he's doing a great job of passing that toughness on to the boys. 

• Like 1

From what I saw last night, I hope they keep him around long enough to build the program. It was impressive to watch them fight the whole game.