Sign in to follow this  
ConnerP

Former Hendersonville QB

Rate this topic

Former Hendersonville QB Mike Schmidt came up huge for my Air Force Falcons last night. For those of you that didn’t stay up for the late night game like me since I have a rooting interest in my alma mater...

Schmidt has been the 3rd team QB this year. The top 2 have been a little banged up on & off and the 2nd teamer didn’t make the trip for the game at Hawaii. The starter went down on the 1st series of the game for Air Force. 

Schmidt came in and went 5/6 passing for 147 yards and 1 TD. He ran 14 times for 120 yards & 3 TDs.  I didn’t realize he had the kind of speed he showed on a 61 yard TD run off the option where he pulled away from the Hawaii DB’s.

Made great decisions running the option all night & led Air Force to victory. The announcers couldn’t stop talking about the need to find him a spot on the field even when the starter comes back.

Kudos to a NC kid on a great performance.

• Like 7

I really like that he hasn’t griped, quit or transferred. He obviously stayed engaged & got his reps when he could because last night when his team called on him... he flat out performed. He was ready and there was no drop off or limitation to the offense. It was a performance worthy of praise. I think he actually throws the ball better than the starter. 

I didn’t get to see him in high school but Paul Graham (The Godfather of WNC football) told me this morning that he ran the Spread at Hendersonville. Not surprised with the dimes he dropped but he sure runs the triple option well too.

1 minute ago, Chute Boxe Hero said:

With a name like that, I'm not surprised he's a good player. 

Wonder if he played a mean 3B & smashed a few HR’s!?🤔

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this