Jump to content

BR549

West Caldwell picks up 1st win since 2017

Rate this topic

Recommended Posts

West Caldwell 14

Fred T. Foard 13

Congrats to the Warriors, Coach Mike Biggerstaff and coaching staff!  Great win for their program.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Our young men have really been working hard regardless of what others think. Starting to gel together as a team now. That W last night is huge for this team, coaching staff, and community. Been a long time and a hard road the last couple years, but I'm seeing the turn coming. We ain't done yet! 

Go Warriors!

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Congrats West Caldwell. I’m sure it means a bunch when you killed yourself in that 95 degrees plus heat all the way thru half of October. Kids in this state suffered like never before in history in pads.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not to take anything away from West, but Foard has pretty much gone into a tailspin this year.  They changed coaches and correct me if I'm wrong, wasn't it the school that chose to go a different direction even though the previous Coach had them on a positive upswing?  I'm guessing that things have got to be getting interesting over there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, BR549 said:

Not to take anything away from West, but Foard has pretty much gone into a tailspin this year.  They changed coaches and correct me if I'm wrong, wasn't it the school that chose to go a different direction even though the previous Coach had them on a positive upswing?  I'm guessing that things have got to be getting interesting over there.

Foard got their wish.. Foard didnt like that Coach Minor wasn't a insider that they can tell n control what to do. Coach Minor held his staff accountable n thats why some left n stopped coaching and I guess Foard didnt like that so they forced him out n got this guy who did DECENTLY the last time but he is their YES MAN n does what they tell him to do so Coach Minor was the best thing Foard had. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, WC-Warriors said:

Our young men have really been working hard regardless of what others think. Starting to gel together as a team now. That W last night is huge for this team, coaching staff, and community. Been a long time and a hard road the last couple years, but I'm seeing the turn coming. We ain't done yet! 

Go Warriors!

Keep working..keep pluging away...2006 Mt Heritage lost every game..2009 went to state ..and have many deep playoff runs since...It can be done !! Congrarts on the win !!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

East Gaston has lost 22 in row...dating back to 2017 (and most of the losses have been bad losses).  Boy, it has been tough. Things are looking up though, our JV's are 5-3.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, EGFAN75 said:

East Gaston has lost 22 in row...dating back to 2017 (and most of the losses have been bad losses).  Boy, it has been tough. Things are looking up though, our JV's are 5-3.

Some on this board frown on commenting on JV football records.  Just the ones that suck, though

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/19/2019 at 11:00 PM, BlueDevilsBiggestFan said:

Foard got their wish.. Foard didnt like that Coach Minor wasn't a insider that they can tell n control what to do. Coach Minor held his staff accountable n thats why some left n stopped coaching and I guess Foard didnt like that so they forced him out n got this guy who did DECENTLY the last time but he is their YES MAN n does what they tell him to do so Coach Minor was the best thing Foard had. 

The Foard kids deserve better!  The community deserves better. The administration at Foard should be embarrassed and ashamed. The kids are the ones that suffered, especially the seniors. That program was making a positive impact on those young men and isn't that supposed to be the goal. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Hokie4ever said:

The Foard kids deserve better!  The community deserves better. The administration at Foard should be embarrassed and ashamed. The kids are the ones that suffered, especially the seniors. That program was making a positive impact on those young men and isn't that supposed to be the goal. 

The Foard community had a coach that was taking them to new heights, but the admin didn't support him, so it looks like they have what they deserve.  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes as a maiden alum and avid maiden fan. We were all impressed with minor and thought he did the impossible by turning program around at foard. And they crapped on him, he deserved better. I'd take him at maiden in a heartbeat. Hope he gets a new job soon. Hopefully not in our conference 😂

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Chris Hughes said:

The Foard community had a coach that was taking them to new heights, but the admin didn't support him, so it looks like they have what they deserve.  

you are so right Chris! This team should have won at least 5 or six games this year heard they quit working in the weight room like under Coach Minor had them doing. Senior parents were not happy with the ADM which Foard football is going back to were it was before Minor got there!!!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There is definitely serious issues with the Fred T Foard administration and even the Catawba County administration. They have had three issues with coaches and teachers having sex with students over the last couple years. One was convicted this week of sex with students as young as 15. He got the book thrown at him to make an example by a judge while the other two were give practically nothing but suspended sentences. The female coach especially.

The AD and principal should have been fired for lack of oversight and inability to hire effectively. But low and behold the leaders were insulated by the good ole boy mentality of protecting each other. Show me another school where so many teachers/coaches have had student predators. Minor was the best hire in decades. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, GDG said:

There is definitely serious issues with the Fred T Foard administration and even the Catawba County administration. They have had three issues with coaches and teachers having sex with students over the last couple years. One was convicted this week of sex with students as young as 15. He got the book thrown at him to make an example by a judge while the other two were give practically nothing but suspended sentences. The female coach especially.

The AD and principal should have been fired for lack of oversight and inability to hire effectively. But low and behold the leaders were insulated by the good ole boy mentality of protecting each other. Show me another school where so many teachers/coaches have had student predators. Minor was the best hire in decades. 

But Minor did things the right way! I know he is  glad he got away from that school!!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, GridIronFan said:

you are so right Chris! This team should have won at least 5 or six games this year heard they quit working in the weight room like under Coach Minor had them doing. Senior parents were not happy with the ADM which Foard football is going back to were it was before Minor got there!!!

 

There was no discipline  and absolutely zero communication, no community involvement. It's all about the politics and the good old boys. There's no place for that when it comes to the future of the kids!! They, the Administration and coaches done everything to completely dismantle what Minor was successful with, to the expense  of the players. Minor had accomplishments, the current regime is a disaster!  Do the right thing for the kids and community. Resign, Retire and allow for Pride to return to this program. It is about " Earning Your Stripes"!! 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×