Sign in to follow this  
GDG

Shelby Lions vs Burns Bulldogs

Rate this topic

Reigning state champion Shelby heads to Lawndale, NC to meet the Burns Bulldogs. #1 vs #3. This should win the conference championship and secure a top seed in the playoffs. It will feature the air attack of QB Bess and his crew vs the running attack of Burns.

I’ll add Burns has some big strong kids who love contact. They’re tough as you know what on the upper side of Cleveland County.  Last year a losing record Burns beat the state champs. Is there a repeat coming?

I love that this game has so much riding on it. Should be a great environment. Shelby has lonnnnng home winning streak vs 2A teams but Burns is rolling in with some incredible athletes. I'll take Shelby in a close 1.

How do they settle three way ties. You see Shelby is going to beat Burns and then the last game of the season, South Point is going to beat Shelby. 

Yes right, Unfortunately South Point can't cover receivers and can't put pressure on a QB. Well it was a good thought. Or was it just a stupid dream.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, SPRaiders78 said:

How do they settle three way ties. You see Shelby is going to beat Burns and then the last game of the season, South Point is going to beat Shelby. 

Yes right, Unfortunately South Point can't cover receivers and can't put pressure on a QB. Well it was a good thought. Or was it just a stupid dream.

Nice dream but a dream like young lads have if you know what I mean.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, GDG said:

Nice dream but a dream like young lads have if you know what I mean.

Sounded wet. Wouldn’t guarantee a Shelby win. Could they? Absolutely! Very talented but Burns isn’t bad and have done nothing but get better every week. We had trouble with the red bone but that’s the norm for most teams. Big difference between Shelby and SP style. Burns has to get pressure on Bess. Shelby has to make Burns one dimensional and the only team to do that so far is KM the first game of the year. Line them up and see.

• Like 1

I would not be surprised in the least if South Point finished 6-5 and went to the third round IF they draw a playoff bracket side not to include Shelby. If you look at losses outside of Clover they have kept games close. Beat by one score to Crest. A couple points to #3 Burns. 2AA west is tough this year. Shelby, Hibriten, Burns, SP, and, North Lincoln all will make for exciting games.

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, GDG said:

I would not be surprised in the least if South Point finished 6-5 and went to the third round IF they draw a playoff bracket side not to include Shelby. If you look at losses outside of Clover they have kept games close. Beat by one score to Crest. A couple points to #3 Burns. 2AA west is tough this year. Shelby, Hibriten, Burns, SP, and, North Lincoln all will make for exciting games.

Shelby could go small 2a

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kms51 said:

Shelby could go small 2a

It’s possible but much more likely they will be well over the cut line. I wish they would. I would like to see a Shelby vs Reidsville game in the western bracket. These two would completely dominate the bracket in little 2A. Too many good western teams have dreaded seeing a future game with them coming. Only Hibriten has separate them from a Independence High like streak of championships.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, GDG said:

It’s possible but much more likely they will be well over the cut line. I wish they would. I would like to see a Shelby vs Reidsville game in the western bracket. These two would completely dominate the bracket in little 2A. Too many good western teams have dreaded seeing a future game with them coming. Only Hibriten has separate them from a Independence High like streak of championships.

A shelby poster said their adm is 832. But if they have college to add then it would put them at 2aa.

8 minutes ago, kms51 said:

A shelby poster said their adm is 832. But if they have college to add then it would put them at 2aa.

That’s about 50 down. If that’s the case there is hope for many good western 2AA teams. Hope the Shelby poster is correct. I’d love to see the most dominate two programs in NC battle it out.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, HHS2003BEAM said:

According to a Burns guy kid is going to be ok. 

We don’t fumble early in the game when it looked like we were gonna tie the game and botch the snap on the punt and it could be a completely different ballgame. Penalties also took us out of our game, and our passing game was nonexistent. Also we could not stop the run in the third quarter, Shelby milked the clock with Phillips. We were lucky to keep it close honestly in the first half. Shelby made some big plays. Congratulations Lions.

Dorian Starnes is going to be OK. Thank goodness. He lay motionless on the field. Had no feeling in his legs. He was knocked out cold. He posted on his Snapchat last night he is on his way home from the hospital. Shelby Rescue, don’t EVEN get me started, they made an absolute fool of themselves. Took forever for them to get a stretcher and didn’t even get an ambulance til another trip. They didn’t have any urgency. Took their own sweet time getting it down there to him. They were booed by both sides. Finally EMS showed up. Delay took longer than it should have. It was an absolute disgrace by them. Both teams prayed for Starnes. It was scary but glad he is going to be OK.

On to East Gaston. Not too happy with how the schedule worked out with this 3-game conference road trip. But we are the neguys.

• Like 1

If SP didn't blow coverage on the first play from scrimmage for a TD... If SP starting FB didn't get injured.. if number #9 was faster on that pitch and wasn't hawked down and they scored a TD instead of a FG...if SP could stop your RB it would have been a completely different ball game and SP would have won...shoulda coulda woulda... Congratulations Burns you beat SP.  So it's looking like SP finishes 3rd in the conference.  Shelby is the KING right now. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Cagle89 said:

If SP didn't blow coverage on the first play from scrimmage for a TD... If SP starting FB didn't get injured.. if number #9 was faster on that pitch and wasn't hawked down and they scored a TD instead of a FG...if SP could stop your RB it would have been a completely different ball game and SP would have won...shoulda coulda woulda... Congratulations Burns you beat SP.  So it's looking like SP finishes 3rd in the conference.  Shelby is the KING right now. 

Lmao

20 hours ago, burnstweeter said:

We don’t fumble early in the game when it looked like we were gonna tie the game and botch the snap on the punt and it could be a completely different ballgame. Penalties also took us out of our game, and our passing game was nonexistent. Also we could not stop the run in the third quarter, Shelby milked the clock with Phillips. We were lucky to keep it close honestly in the first half. Shelby made some big plays. Congratulations Lions.

Dorian Starnes is going to be OK. Thank goodness. He lay motionless on the field. Had no feeling in his legs. He was knocked out cold. He posted on his Snapchat last night he is on his way home from the hospital. Shelby Rescue, don’t EVEN get me started, they made an absolute fool of themselves. Took forever for them to get a stretcher and didn’t even get an ambulance til another trip. They didn’t have any urgency. Took their own sweet time getting it down there to him. They were booed by both sides. Finally EMS showed up. Delay took longer than it should have. It was an absolute disgrace by them. Both teams prayed for Starnes. It was scary but glad he is going to be OK.

On to East Gaston. Not too happy with how the schedule worked out with this 3-game conference road trip. But we are the neguys.

Rules require trainers at games, medical personnel, and emergency transport present. Was there not an ambulance parked at the game? This is on the rescue squad. They get a schedule and get coverage from other municipal areas for backup. Cleveland County School Board and County Commissioners need to look into this so it never happens again if not present.

• Like 1

On 10/19/2019 at 5:38 PM, GDG said:

Rules require trainers at games, medical personnel, and emergency transport present. Was there not an ambulance parked at the game? This is on the rescue squad. They get a schedule and get coverage from other municipal areas for backup. Cleveland County School Board and County Commissioners need to look into this so it never happens again if not present.

There was an ambulance from Shelby Rescue. It is required at all games. Upper Cleveland Rescue covers Burns and Crest home games. The medical staff was just not prompt in attending to him. Finally they called EMS.