Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
KoKie34

Myers Park 31 vs Butler 13 FINAL

Rate this topic

Recommended Posts

MP will finish undefeated. This game proves nothing because Butler is not  the same. MP season will basically start 3rd rd of the playoffs. If I were them I would jus go ahead n get an early lead n games n sit Maye n company and give the JVs some reps n get ready for the playoffs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, 704cougarsdad said:

MP will finish undefeated. This game proves nothing because Butler is not  the same. MP season will basically start 3rd rd of the playoffs. If I were them I would jus go ahead n get an early lead n games n sit Maye n company and give the JVs some reps n get ready for the playoffs.

Man Butler played hard and tough

Who’s next with the excuses?

the snowball is building

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Theres no excuses nobody on here said MP is awful...nobody said that MP isnt good. All we said is ur bragging about beating people ur suppose 2. We played Hopewell last week n won 56-0...I wasnt beating my chest...its jus a win closer to getting back 2 Wallace Wade. Ur acting like someone who's team never won. All were saying with a team the caliber of MP their schedule doesnt help them..along with u beating ur chest over wins vs teams ur supposed 2 beat + ur talking down to folx..calling grown men names (trannies) demeaning fan bases. Be humble man because all it takes is a bad game for Maye in November n it's a wrap. Stay humble it's a long season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Food for thought. The Mallard Creek & Vance defenses are Elite. Butler not on that level and they held them to 14 at half and it was 21-13 late in the third quarter. Just stating fact they are a good team but November playoffs is the “hump” and it’s real. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

just a bystanders thought here, how did all you guys act the first year you were really good and were

favored and maybe did not have the strongest schedule because you were building

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, scotswin said:

just a bystanders thought here, how did all you guys act the first year you were really good and were

favored and maybe did not have the strongest schedule because you were building

Man I was jus like him when I 1st came on here during brands early yrs. I remember many days having back n forths with the MC guys....after so many battles...too many to name(2014 Creek, Richmond, catholic 2015 Creek, catholic 2016 Creek, Butler, MP.......PAGE DEBACLE!!..smh) when u play n so many big games the regular season doesn't matter besides playoff position...that's it. My kid has graduated that's y I think this guy is a parent like that guy from Hough last yr, (wheres that guy anyways) so emotional and reacting over every little win. In the end playoffs is all that matters. Like I said MP will go undefeated but they're going 2 b playing in that 4AA west. Good luck

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, scotswin said:

just a bystanders thought here, how did all you guys act the first year you were really good and were

favored and maybe did not have the strongest schedule because you were building

Not a lot of Creek guys posting back then. Only 2 or 3 post on a regular now. It's Football guys vs the Booster Club President, or some kids mother. A different thought process.  I personally always thought that Gomer Pyle would not prepare me for a fight against Mike Tyson.  Hell! Maybe they're on to something?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, scotswin said:

just a bystanders thought here, how did all you guys act the first year you were really good and were

favored and maybe did not have the strongest schedule because you were building

Your making it sound like he is a Myers Park fan. This is Sv2V hiding behind yet another screen name. He is not a MP fan, he is a troll. Period. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Wrigley said:

Your making it sound like he is a Myers Park fan. This is Sv2V hiding behind yet another screen name. He is not a MP fan, he is a troll. Period. 

Probably correct. The thread is kind of out there. Nobody picked Butler to win, yet he starts a thread saying Ha Ha I told you guys MP was going to win. Huh?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, work7 said:

Probably correct. The thread is kind of out there. Nobody picked Butler to win, yet he starts a thread saying Ha Ha I told you guys MP was going to win. Huh?

Almost like he was scared lmao 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This was quite an interesting game from the start. The line was a least a mile or two long. I may be exaggerating but my goodness it was longer than usual. The line started lining up at 4:30. 2 1/2hrs prior to the game. There were times when most people were standing. The visitor side was different. They seemed to be on their toes for 48 minutes. Hats being utilized for breeze. Arms swinging everywhere like a person on road rage in New York. And fans yelling at Referees as if they were the official's parents telling them to clean it up. It was just a big mess.

I just enjoyed the game, the atmosphere, and the great weather. Those white Pom Poms where everywhere at Purcell Stadium. Love it

Can y'all believe that amazing throw by Mayes to Mohammad in the corner of the End Zone with two feet in.

I found out for the first time since 1983 Myers Park goes 7-0

Butler by far is nothing to sleep on. Great team with great athletes. I would never sit here and say MP played a mediocre team. Butler hustles. Great Program. They played Mallard Creek and Richmond county very tough. Coach did a great job as he was an offensive lineman in college so he knows the deal.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, KoKie34 said:

This was quite an interesting game from the start. The line was a least a mile or two long. I may be exaggerating but my goodness it was longer than usual. The line started lining up at 4:30. 2 1/2hrs prior to the game. There were times when most people were standing. The visitor side was different. They seemed to be on their toes for 48 minutes. Hats being utilized for breeze. Arms swinging everywhere like a person on road rage in New York. And fans yelling at Referees as if they were the official's parents telling them to clean it up. It was just a big mess.

I just enjoyed the game, the atmosphere, and the great weather. Those white Pom Poms where everywhere at Purcell Stadium. Love it

Can y'all believe that amazing throw by Mayes to Mohammad in the corner of the End Zone with two feet in.

I found out for the first time since 1983 Myers Park goes 7-0

Butler by far is nothing to sleep on. Great team with great athletes. I would never sit here and say MP played a mediocre team. Butler hustles. Great Program. They played Mallard Creek and Richmond county very tough. Coach did a great job as he was an offensive lineman in college so he knows the deal.

 

 

Glad u enjoyed your 1st time at a MP game. Better than Purnell Swett I bet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, 704cougarsdad said:

Glad u enjoyed your 1st time at a MP game. Better than Purnell Swett I bet.

He wasnt even there.

  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Butler Mom posted this in the game thread from last night. 


“MP lined up in victory formation with 30 sec left in the game up 24-13.  Snuck a play to score again to make final 31-13.   They will get what’s coming to them for that BS!”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, work7 said:

Butler Mom posted this in the game thread from last night. 


“MP lined up in victory formation with 30 sec left in the game up 24-13.  Snuck a play to score again to make final 31-13.   They will get what’s coming to them for that BS!”

Lmaoooooooo kokie you've been exposed my man!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, KoKie34 said:

This was quite an interesting game from the start. The line was a least a mile or two long. I may be exaggerating but my goodness it was longer than usual. The line started lining up at 4:30. 2 1/2hrs prior to the game. There were times when most people were standing. The visitor side was different. They seemed to be on their toes for 48 minutes. Hats being utilized for breeze. Arms swinging everywhere like a person on road rage in New York. And fans yelling at Referees as if they were the official's parents telling them to clean it up. It was just a big mess.

I just enjoyed the game, the atmosphere, and the great weather. Those white Pom Poms where everywhere at Purcell Stadium. Love it

Can y'all believe that amazing throw by Mayes to Mohammad in the corner of the End Zone with two feet in.

I found out for the first time since 1983 Myers Park goes 7-0

Butler by far is nothing to sleep on. Great team with great athletes. I would never sit here and say MP played a mediocre team. Butler hustles. Great Program. They played Mallard Creek and Richmond county very tough. Coach did a great job as he was an offensive lineman in college so he knows the deal.

 

 

Wow, you came from Pembroke/Maxton just to give us that report!  I'm not one to call a man a liar, but your IP address report for where your location was when you made your first post, in relation to where you said you were don't really match up, I'm a software development major so I have a pretty good idea about how to judge that.  Just saying! 

  • Haha 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

5 minutes ago, Chris Hughes said:

Wow, you came from Pembroke/Maxton just to give us that report!  I'm not one to call a man a liar, but your IP address report for where your location was when you made your first post, in relation to where you said you were don't really match up, I'm a software development major so I have a pretty good idea about how to judge that.  Just saying! 

Lmao what a twist. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Chris Hughes said:

Wow, you came from Pembroke/Maxton just to give us that report!  I'm not one to call a man a liar, but your IP address report for where your location was when you made your first post, in relation to where you said you were don't really match up, I'm a software development major so I have a pretty good idea about how to judge that.  Just saying! 

Just classic...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's y I love Chris's page. Besides one of the best if not the best high school site in the Carolinas he has receipts to back up tomfoolery. Good ol sv2v or whatever he goes by got his check cashed. I know deanna does her best with ncpreps but chris isnt as leaniant as she is. Cheers Mr Hughes!!!! 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Chris Hughes said:

Wow, you came from Pembroke/Maxton just to give us that report!  I'm not one to call a man a liar, but your IP address report for where your location was when you made your first post, in relation to where you said you were don't really match up, I'm a software development major so I have a pretty good idea about how to judge that.  Just saying! 

Chris, funny you say that. I love the digital world myself. You and I have a lot in common. I mean a lot since the T-10 days

"6998"?

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, KoKie34 said:

Chris, funny you say that. I love the digital world myself. You and I have a lot in common. I mean a lot since the T-10 days

"6998"?

I'm aware that we have things in common, and I respect you for that.  I just don't think you have to be a troll to have fun.  If you would talk football and not try to cause a commotion, then we'd all get along a lot better.  I've said this already, the goal here at CP is not to have arguments and bash and talk smack, it is to promote the game, and communities, the schools, and the kids who compete.  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 704cougarsdad said:

That's y I love Chris's page. Besides one of the best if not the best high school site in the Carolinas he has receipts to back up tomfoolery. Good ol sv2v or whatever he goes by got his check cashed. I know deanna does her best with ncpreps but chris isnt as leaniant as she is. Cheers Mr Hughes!!!! 

You are right.  Cougar.  Deanna, a friend of ours, falls under a corporation that pushes for views and clicks.  Chris does not really give a sh!t about that.  This site and going to all the games, events, and visits cost him much money.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, KoKie34 said:

Chris, funny you say that. I love the digital world myself. You and I have a lot in common. I mean a lot since the T-10 days

"6998"?

Several years ago I was speaking with a man that ran a company in Asheville.  When he told me what they produced I fell over and thanked him for providing safe descent.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, btango said:

Several years ago I was speaking with a man that ran a company in Asheville.  When he told me what they produced I fell over and thanked him for providing safe descent.

Are you talking about the company in Weaverville? 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, work7 said:

Butler Mom posted this in the game thread from last night. 


“MP lined up in victory formation with 30 sec left in the game up 24-13.  Snuck a play to score again to make final 31-13.   They will get what’s coming to them for that BS!”

I was there, MP didn't "Sneak" anything in with 31 seconds left, that's not how I saw it. Of course you want to see it that way since you have MP Envy!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Antithesis said:

I was there, MP didn't "Sneak" anything in with 31 seconds left, that's not how I saw it. Of course you want to see it that way since you have MP Envy!

Envy of what? 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I enjoyed that game Myers Park has a very talented team that could go all the way to the 4AA state title game and win but....I look at things realistically and they got their work cut out for them to win the rest of their remaining games in the regular season.   Next week Hickory Ridge is going to be another tough contest we didn't play them last year they had to forfeit the game because of fighting at a game @ East Meck.  Speaking of East Meck that will be our last cupcake team on the schedule we should easily beat them.  Porter Ridge can go either way last year it was close but MP won.  And  Independence has improved didnt play them last year for same reason a forfeit but we cant overlook them either going into the playoffs.  Butler certainly wasnt no pushover and they didnt give up and I can respect that and the tough schedule they played.  We may possibly see them again in the playoffs.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

×