Sign in to follow this  
BlueDevilsBiggestFan

Northwestern 4A/3A Week 8 Predictions

Rate this topic

*Note not trying to steal anyone's thunder - just no one has started this so I thought I would* 

South Caldwell at McDowell: Both teams are coming off a Lose into this game. South Caldwell is 3-3 and McDowell is 1-5. South Caldwell has been playing well as they have 2 solid wins over Maiden and R-S Central. McDowell hasn't played well and their lone win came over East Burke. McDowell being home will help but I think South will be a bit much for the Titans. South Caldwell wins at by 21

**Non-Conference** - St. Stephens at North Iredell: This maybe the only game North Iredell has a chance to win this season as they host the visiting Indians of St. Stephens. St Stephens has won over teams that aren't as good and North Iredell hasn't won a game. Not much to say here as I think St. Stephens  wins by 14 

Hickory at Watauga: This will be a very interesting match up as Hickory Upset Freedom and They have gotten some of their players back and They showed they aren't just Cody Young. Hickory is coming a solid win and I'm sure they will be highly motivated to Knock off Watauga but It hard to beat them at Home. Watauga is also coming into this game with a BIG win over Alexander Central. Watauga seems to be playing well even without their best player in Satterfield. I think this will be a good game but I believe Watauga will win this one at Home - Watuaga by 20 

Game of the Week: Alexander Central at Freedom: Both teams are coming off big losses this past week, The question will be WHO Responds Better this week. AC has to come into this game READY TO PLAY. Freedom has to rebound as a close loss to Hickory. This will be the best game in the NW 3A/4A conference. This one will come down to a wire imo but I'll take Freeedom at Home - Freedom by 10 

Thoughts/Opinions 

South Caldwell should win handily. They have played surprisingly well in some of the big losses.  Don't look for it to be close.  SC 28  McD 7

St. Stephens is better than they get credit for, especially offensively.  They will not lose this game.  SS 35 NI 14

Hickory is the best 2 win team in the state, but Freedom lost last week due to defensive secondary adjustments not made until halftime, not because they have a chance to beat Watauga.  This should be ugly. Watauga will load the box and keep Young on a leash since QB was reinjured. W 56  H 14

Patriots achilles heel was glaringly obvious last week, but that won't matter much against a lackluster AC passing game.  What will matter is big bodies and depth and I see AC wearing Freedom down and running away as the games goes.  AC 42  FHS 28

PS. Hope I'm wrong about the last one.  Go Patriots.

• Like 1

South Caldwell 35  McDowell 14:  Rough season in Marion, I'd like to see them more competative

St Stephens  28  North Iredell  14:  Losing streak at 12 for North, make it 13

Watauga  40  Hickory  20:  Watauga is the most sound, disciplined, and determined team in converence

Alexander Central  35  Freedom  27:  Cougars better wake back up after that comatose performance last week. Loser of this one falls into disappointing category

Just now, stizz49 said:

46-42 freedom wins. Bet ac practices onside kick recovery next week

I listened to the 4th qtr. and that was one team wanting it more than the other. 

• Like 2

AC dominated 3 and a quarters but couldn’t cover the onside kicks. Hickory hangs for a tie at the half then Coach Habich adjust and Watauga is a totally different team for the second half.

This conference has been crazy in 2019. Unpredictable. Except for Watauga.

9 hours ago, FHS1985 returns said:

We were very lucky, but the guys capitalized on every opportunity late in the game.

We left with like 6 minutes left, Freedom down by 10. I missed the ball game lol. I guess that's why they play 48 minutes and not 42 lol.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, HHS2003BEAM said:

Reminds me of that Texas game where they kicked recovered several onside kicks in a row. Crazy!

For those that haven't seen this clip, it's worth the 5 minutes of your time. It's hard to explain and nit feel for all of the kids that played this game. The announcers are classic in their description of the action.

• Like 1