Sign in to follow this  
bud33345

New Bern Bears vs CB Aycock Falcons

Rate this topic

Both teams come into this game with one loss. Both teams have been a surprise thus far in the Eastern Carolina 3A/4A. Aycock has shown to be the team out of Wayne county making strides this year. A win for Aycock would put the rest of the conference on high alert. As for the Bears they will look to bounce back from the Conley game and show they are still a factor in the conference. A win for the Bears would do just that and get them back on track against a team that is feeling pretty good coming in. This will be one to keep an eye out for this week to see what unfolds. Will it be a close game? Can Aycock pull the upset? Can New Bern get the win and go about business the rest of the way? Your thoughts below....

Should be fun. Interested to see how the Bears look after last week. New Bern had the ball feet away from the goal line with a chance to make it a 1 score game in the 3Q and it snowballed from there. I do like how the schedule worked out for us by playing both Rose and Conley to start it off. Gives us a chance to look at the film and get better on pass D while also being more creative in how we rush the passer. 

Curious to know how Aycock struggled with Goldsboro as New Bern beat them by 7 TD's. 

• Like 1

Aycock has looked to be getting better every week. They have some kids that can play. There really is no one player to key in on. They play "team" ball and are disciplined in doing so. This conference is interesting for those that pay attention. You never know what's going to happen this year between these teams. I'm tore between what game to attend this week.

I have new bern winning this game very comfortably, also I think Aycock looks good now based on who they’ve played, but they also got blown out by Hunt HS who at best may finish 4th in the Big East. With all that being said I don’t think Aycock will be able to make a run come playoff time in 3A but they can probably make it out of the first round for sure! also I think the 4a playoffs will be tough for New Bern too

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, WiseOne88 said:

I have new bern winning this game very comfortably, also I think Aycock looks good now based on who they’ve played, but they also got blown out by Hunt HS who at best may finish 4th in the Big East. With all that being said I don’t think Aycock will be able to make a run come playoff time in 3A but they can probably make it out of the first round for sure! also I think the 4a playoffs will be tough for New Bern too

All comes down to match-ups. The 4A East is a little watered down so I like our chances to make some noise. A 5-5 Scotland team squeaked into the playoffs last year in the 4A East and made a run to the State Title. 

22 minutes ago, Tyler12 said:

All comes down to match-ups. The 4A East is a little watered down so I like our chances to make some noise. A 5-5 Scotland team squeaked into the playoffs last year in the 4A East and made a run to the State Title. 

I agree, One thing is for certain, in the 4A playoffs there will be some teams who like to spread it out and throw. If New Bern can learn from the Conley game, those 4A east playoff teams could be surprised how well New Bern runs the ball to set up the pass when least expected, to go after wins.

50 minutes ago, WiseOne88 said:

One thing about Aycock is they are pretty balanced on offense. They pass and run about equally. If their opponent is good at defending run they rely on the pass and vice versa. Only when Aycock is able to get both the pass and the run going will they win by big margins in the regular season. I agree it's a good formula to get at least one win come playoff time.

26 minutes ago, bud33345 said:

One thing about Aycock is they are pretty balanced on offense. They pass and run about equally. If their opponent is good at defending run they rely on the pass and vice versa. Only when Aycock is able to get both the pass and the run going will they win by big margins in the regular season. I agree it's a good formula to get at least one win come playoff time.

And exactly how do they adjust when they play an actual physical team such as Hunt and Goldsboro!?

1 hour ago, WiseOne88 said:

And exactly how do they adjust when they play an actual physical team such as Hunt and Goldsboro!?

We will see, I got the impression seeing them they are developing and learning how to win. It's still going to be challenge for them in the conference and moving forward to the presumed playoff berth. This game should show alot about what kind of team they have.

South Central is on bye week and as of 12:30pm I'm still tore between seeing Conley vs Rose or making the trip to New Bern. It may come down to a coin flip in a few hours. Lol.

12 minutes ago, bud33345 said:

South Central is on bye week and as of 12:30pm I'm still tore between seeing Conley vs Rose or making the trip to New Bern. It may come down to a coin flip in a few hours. Lol.

I would guess Conley is prob closer to you but I would say go to New Bern bc seems to be maybe a better game but Conley n Rose are a rivalry but Rose is bit down at 2-4 

• Like 1

Just now, BlueDevilsBiggestFan said:

I would guess Conley is prob closer to you but I would say go to New Bern bc seems to be maybe a better game but Conley n Rose are a rivalry but Rose is bit down at 2-4 

Yeah, that and Arlington Blvd is a mess right now. Being a rivalry game the crowds will be pretty big. I'm also considering WRH@Goldsboro.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tyler12 said:

Conley/Rose by far. Nothing like a rivalry on top of two teams slinging the rock around all night. 

I agree, but I haven't seen New Bern in person yet this year. Of course I will be in New Bern next week but I suspect Aycock will give you guys a better game. I'm afraid we are much worse than our 4-3 record. I haven't seen anything to think otherwise.

1 hour ago, BlueDevilsBiggestFan said:

Rose has enough fire power to beat Conley. Problem is if Conley can get a lead they will pound the ball with #7 and rose has been horrible against the run. If Rose wins both teams will be 3-4. The conference will then have New Bern still the favorite to win it with a win against Aycock. Decisions, Decisions.lol

• Like 1

I’ve been to 2 Aycock games this year. 

The Hunt game was atrocious. Played like they weren’t prepared, but looked capable of winning that game. The talent is there, the execution was not.

The Southern Wayne game last week was tied at 13, then 42-13 at half. They can light it up if the opposition is poor or isn’t ready, but I’m not sure if they are tested for a conference title with the 4-A schools in the conference.

I look forward to seeing the score line tonight. This is as good an Aycock team as I’ve seen in a while.

Bears up 29-13 at half. New Bern only allowed 1 offensive TD in the half. 

Congrats to New Bern legend Bobby Curlings who was honored at halftime during Homecoming. 

The Bears now play at Bobby Curlings field at Caruso Coates Stadium. 

Well deserved!

Coach Brooks on the other side needs to calm down a little. He's walking across the field and yapping in Coach Nowell's direction, which is, not very wise. 

New Bern wins, 57-19. 

Hats off to Coach Nowell for going all the way over to the Aycock sideline to shake hands with the coaches after Aycock refused to walk to mid-field. 

• Like 1