Rate this topic

Mitchell should be the favorites here, but no doubt that Owen has been the kryptonite of the Mountaineers for the last 5 decades. This is the first time since 2014 that the Warhorses have entered this game with a winning record. Can they make a game out of it? Or will they get spanked behind the woodshed again? 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, bigjohnstud said:

You Mitchell guys are really confident,  wonder how confident you will be next week.

Very. But if I’m wrong life goes on. The deer will be waiting Saturday morning. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, bigjohnstud said:

You Mitchell guys are really confident,  wonder how confident you will be next week.

We know we don't stand a chance next week, that's why we're enjoying this one. 

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, bigjohnstud said:

It would take MIRACLE to sneak out of the Hole with a win. Mitchell should just be content with 2nd place, and pray Bruce Ollis does our clean up duty.

• Like 1

Not trying sandbag here. I really believe this will be a very difficult game for Mitchell. Owen will have the best line, overall team speed and offense Mitchell has faced. How will Mitchell respond if they don't come out and score early as they are accustomed to doing?  Will they start pressing and making mistakes? Questions to be answered. 

On the other side. No doubt in my mind Owen expects to win. How do they respond if they get punched in the mouth early? Hopefully both teams come out of the game injury free. 

Either way as Bonecollector said those pesky deer are still out there. 

Go Mountaineers 

I agree with Bowhunter, Mitchell needs to be careful. Owen is significantly better than last season and are improving weekly. With the talent coming up from JV the Warhorses will be a force the next couple years. 

I fully expect Mitchell to win, but it won't be like playing Sister Mary's Sanitarium and Blind Rehab Academy..

• Like 1

Should be a good game..Owen has improved a lot...but not sure there improved to the point of beating this years mitchell team..will be mitchells first true test playing a good team..just dont see owen winning this one..but i hope im wrong.

2 hours ago, Paul Graham said:

I agree with Bowhunter, Mitchell needs to be careful. Owen is significantly better than last season and are improving weekly. With the talent coming up from JV the Warhorses will be a force the next couple years. 

I fully expect Mitchell to win, but it won't be like playing Sister Mary's Sanitarium and Blind Rehab Academy..

Or Franklin😀

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Cougars66 said:

Should be a good game..Owen has improved a lot...but not sure there improved to the point of beating this years mitchell team..will be mitchells first true test playing a good team..just dont see owen winning this one..but i hope im wrong.

Hope your wrong next week as well. 😃

ok ok, I know wait till next week to start that.

Go Mountaineers 

9 minutes ago, wncbowhunter said:

Hope your wrong next week as well. 😃

ok ok, I know wait till next week to start that.

Go Mountaineers 

HERITAGE vs mitchell is year round

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Mitchell county mountie said:

Nah, it's just for 9-10 days. But man it gets ugly up here for that one week lol. Then we go back to being brothers and sisters, husbands and wives, cousins and coworkers lol.

This is very true...

22 hours ago, Mitchell county mountie said:

It's funny how the tables have turned. Owen shellacked Mitchell for 40 years and now can't beat them, and Mitchell made a mockery out of Heritage for 40 years and now can't beat them!

You better beat owen this season,  after watching your jv  teams last couple seasons, you guys will get hammer like old days.

52 minutes ago, bigjohnstud said:

You better beat owen this season,  after watching your jv  teams last couple seasons, you guys will get hammer like old days.

What old days? You mean the old days of 6-7 year streaks against Heritage? Mitchell has never been a basement dweller, that title was reserved for Madison and Mountain Heritage. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, bigjohnstud said:

You better keep beating your chest it ends this year. Your talent is gone after this year and everybody knows it.

Not hardly. Our JV team has been very competitive all while missing 4 to 5 starters including a QB that is very similar to the current varsity starter. He’s only a freshman but I expect he will be the varsity starter next year. He’s a game changer. No doubt you guys will still be good next year. Joeys got a well oiled machine pumping out talent. 

21 minutes ago, Mitchell county mountie said:

🤔  i guess the middle school going undefeated the previous 2 years won't make either... 

You have to remember mitchells middle schools have combined ..ours have not..but all and all i think HERITAGE and mitchell both have a very good program when it comes to taking the players they have and developing them into strong skilled football players...i have seen kids in youth and middle school that couldnt get out of there on way turn into outstanding players after buying into the system and working hard...

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Cougars66 said:

You have to remember mitchells middle schools have combined ..ours have not..but all and all i think HERITAGE and mitchell both have a very good program when it comes to taking the players they have and developing them into strong skilled football players...i have seen kids in youth and middle school that couldnt get out of there on way turn into outstanding players after buying into the system and working hard...

Been hearing that excuse for 3 years now, and it doesn't matter how much Wade Sheehan cries, 22 kids is 22 kids, combined or not. I've watched East Yancey and Cane River, and Mitchell flat out has better talent. Last year Cane River and East Yancey could've played 22 vs 11 and it wouldn't have made that 45 point smack down any better.

11 minutes ago, Mitchell county mountie said:

Been hearing that excuse for 3 years now, and it doesn't matter how much Wade Sheehan cries, 22 kids is 22 kids, combined or not. I've watched East Yancey and Cane River, and Mitchell flat out has better talent. Last year Cane River and East Yancey could've played 22 vs 11 and it wouldn't have made that 45 point smack down any better.

Yeah and this years jv team now combined did what to the mitcell jvs ????   30 to 14 i think...and now 5 -0 and you can thank Coach Sheehan for part of that as he sends very well coached players up to the highschool

32 minutes ago, Mitchell county mountie said:

5 hours ago, Mitchell county mountie said:

Nah, it's just for 9-10 days. But man it gets ugly up here for that one week lol. Then we go back to being brothers and sisters, husbands and wives, cousins and coworkers lol.

For some in Mitchell County husbands and wives are cousins 

You know mitchell really needs a win against heritage, like I said this is their last chance . Talk to couple mitchell parents at wallmart ,they see big mitchell drop off after this year. Mitchell better worry about avery now, I predict avery beats mitchell next year.

7 hours ago, bigjohnstud said:

You know mitchell really needs a win against heritage, like I said this is their last chance . Talk to couple mitchell parents at wallmart ,they see big mitchell drop off after this year. Mitchell better worry about avery now, I predict avery beats mitchell next year.

Mitchell will have a rebuilding year next season. A 6-5 record would be great. After that, the talent is looking right on par, providing the kids keep coming out, and Travise continues to grow as a coach. You guys like to relate JV success to success at the varsity level, but it doesn't work that way. Mitchell has went thru 3 jv coaches in the last 4 years, and save for 1 season, they weren't all that good, but have lent 4 10+ win seasons, 3 strait western finals and a state championship appearance at the varsity level. Mitchell will be just fine. Hell, look at Polk. Their jv program is terrible, this group of juniors and seniors went 1-9 as jv's, and are perched near the top of 1a and the WHC. Like I said, y'all worry about your side of the river, Mitchell will be just fine.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Mitchell county mountie said:

Mitchell will have a rebuilding year next season. A 6-5 record would be great. After that, the talent is looking right on par, providing the kids keep coming out, and Travise continues to grow as a coach. You guys like to relate JV success to success at the varsity level, but it doesn't work that way. Mitchell has went thru 3 jv coaches in the last 4 years, and save for 1 season, they weren't all that good, but have lent 4 10+ win seasons, 3 strait western finals and a state championship appearance at the varsity level. Mitchell will be just fine. Hell, look at Polk. Their jv program is terrible, this group of juniors and seniors went 1-9 as jv's, and are perched near the top of 1a and the WHC. Like I said, y'all worry about your side of the river, Mitchell will be just fine.

I’m sure they will go 6-5 next year. Their JVs would have would have won 6 games in your out of conference schedule this year.😂😂😂

43 minutes ago, bigjohnstud said:

Name 1 good team mitchell has beat last 2 seasons, mitchell should he ashame with their schedule its pathetic.  Bet if they called joey he would play them twice. 

I mean it’s kinda hard to pick and choose when Mitchell has scheduling conflicts and bigger teams don’t want to play a 1a team sooo?🤷🏻‍♂️ I’m  just glad the conference this year is so much better. 

1 hour ago, bigjohnstud said:

Name 1 good team mitchell has beat last 2 seasons, mitchell should he ashame with their schedule its pathetic.  Bet if they called joey he would play them twice. 

So let me get this straight, while slamming Mitchell’s schedule you want Joey to schedule a game that you feel is an automatic win. Wouldn’t that make the Heritage schedule weaker? 

When Mitchell scheduled Erwin and Franklin they were 8-10 win teams. Who knew they would fall like they have. 

I will admit this year the schedule has been weak but when the games were scheduled it didn’t look that way.

Go Mountaineers 

Well everyone, I don't post much. Me being a coach that could cause some issues, but I do enjoy reading on here. All I can hope for is that we play well, and that both teams have an injury free game. Good luck to Mitchell tonight. Hope all you Mitchell posters who make the trip down have a safe trip. And I down to talk football with anyone interested.

• Like 4