Sign in to follow this  
Vik-Val 86

Central Cabarrus at AL Brown

Rate this topic

2 hours ago, wonderfan said:

Well obviously he made a bad choice and missed his calling, football coach is not it!

So then what is your calling? According to those I've texted to just try and get some insight into why you might think this way it's to re-enact civil war battles as the confederacy. So what exactly do you know about coaching football? Outside of one play, the jet sweep, a great one at that. I mean I know all you see is the on the field product. You see Friday night. What you don't see is Saturday-Thursday. You don't see hours of breaking down film and game planning. You don't see running weekly lifts sometimes at 6am in the morning. You don't see going out there and helping run or running practice three days a week then a walk through on Thursday. 

I can almost 100% guarantee you don't see January-July where coaches work on getting their players recruited and signed to colleges. Where they run the weightroom to prepare for next season. You don't see the 7 on 7 tournaments or the grueling summer practices. All you see is a game on Friday night and think that's it, that's all Newsome does. 

You don't see the classroom and preparation of lesson plans daily for multiple classes. You don't see kids coming to you because they have no father figure in their life or confide in you that they may be suicidal or battling another demon in their life because you're the only person in their life they trust. You don't see any of that because all you do is sit up in the stands and moan and complain. You also don't see the mentor Coach Newsome and many other coaches across the state are to their players. All you see is what's wrong. 

And before you go on calling everyone on here "wannabe's" and what not(or mistaking them for another person) maybe look at yourself at really think about what you've done for AL Brown, because there are a lot of people on here who have done a bit more than just "ride coattails" of a program. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Catholic said:

So then what is your calling? According to those I've texted to just try and get some insight into why you might think this way it's to re-enact civil war battles as the confederacy. So what exactly do you know about coaching football? Outside of one play, the jet sweep, a great one at that. I mean I know all you see is the on the field product. You see Friday night. What you don't see is Saturday-Thursday. You don't see hours of breaking down film and game planning. You don't see running weekly lifts sometimes at 6am in the morning. You don't see going out there and helping run or running practice three days a week then a walk through on Thursday. 

I can almost 100% guarantee you don't see January-July where coaches work on getting their players recruited and signed to colleges. Where they run the weightroom to prepare for next season. You don't see the 7 on 7 tournaments or the grueling summer practices. All you see is a game on Friday night and think that's it, that's all Newsome does. 

You don't see the classroom and preparation of lesson plans daily for multiple classes. You don't see kids coming to you because they have no father figure in their life or confide in you that they may be suicidal or battling another demon in their life. You don't see any of that because all you do is sit up in the stands and moan and complain. You also don't see the mentor Coach Newsome and many other coaches across the state are to their players. All you see is what's wrong. 

And before you go on calling everyone on here "wannabe's" and what not(or mistaking them for another person) maybe look at yourself at really think about what you've done for AL Brown, because there are a lot of people on here who have done a bit more than just "ride coattails" of a program. 

Once again you run your mouth about something you have no clue about! Yeah I used to go to practice and that is where I realized what the problem is. When you are trying to run a drill and kids are dancing and doing everything but paying attention to what is happening that is a big problem! Now that I live in Winston Salem I don't make it to practice but have multiple friends that do go and it has not changed! And I am not riding any coattails, I have accomplished far more than any clown on here has the first clue about! And if you are not Derek I apologize for insulting you like that!

8 minutes ago, wonderfan said:

Once again you run your mouth about something you have no clue about! Yeah I used to go to practice and that is where I realized what the problem is. When you are trying to run a drill and kids are dancing and doing everything but paying attention to what is happening that is a big problem! Now that I live in Winston Salem I don't make it to practice but have multiple friends that do go and it has not changed! And I am not riding any coattails, I have accomplished far more than any clown on here has the first clue about! And if you are not Derek I apologize for insulting you like that!

clown world

1 hour ago, Catholic said:

You don't see the classroom and preparation of lesson plans daily for multiple classes. You don't see kids coming to you because they have no father figure in their life or confide in you that they may be suicidal or battling another demon in their life because you're the only person in their life they trust. You don't see any of that because all you do is sit up in the stands and moan and complain. You also don't see the mentor Coach Newsome and many other coaches across the state are to their players. All you see is what's wrong. 

Let me add working fund raisers for your team, buying groceries for kids who havent eaten that day or honest to god.....mowing the field.

Nothing wrong with being a fan.............nothing wrong with getting mad when your team doesnt do well. Passion is important and its what we all love about the game. More important than passion is perspective. 

My guess is there is nobody who lives and dies with the wins and losses more than Mike Newsome. You dont coach at his level without being an Alpha competitor. and almost all of them are like that.

Its HS football and its great to play, coach and watch as a fan. I love it......but the second I find myself screaming at Mike Palmieri about coaching decisions ( and there are plenty that do) is the moment I need to reevaluate some things. 

37 minutes ago, Wrigley said:

Let me add working fund raisers for your team, buying groceries for kids who havent eaten that day or honest to god.....mowing the field.

Nothing wrong with being a fan.............nothing wrong with getting mad when your team doesnt do well. Passion is important and its what we all love about the game. More important than passion is perspective. 

My guess is there is nobody who lives and dies with the wins and losses more than Mike Newsome. You dont coach at his level without being an Alpha competitor. and almost all of them are like that.

Its HS football and its great to play, coach and watch as a fan. I love it......but the second I find myself screaming at Mike Palmieri about coaching decisions ( and there are plenty that do) is the moment I need to reevaluate some things. 

I don't think you have to mow artificial turf! 😎