Sign in to follow this  
Vik-Val 86

Central Cabarrus at AL Brown

Rate this topic

4-2 Central Cabarrus will play 4-1 AL Brown. Central Cabarrus is playing some good games with only two loses with a close one to Hickory Ridge and somewhat close to Hunter Huss. Central Cabarrus had a big win over Clinton a couple weeks ago. AL Brown will have key games with first Central Cabarrus then Cox Mill and NW Cabarrus. These next two games are critical wins for the Wonders if they want to at least be in 2nd place. NW Cabarrus seems to be the bear in this conference. Any thoughts with this game. 

Ofc History is on the side of Al BROWN but Last year was the first EVER win by CC over Al brown. 

I think this year, this game will be the SAME results and Central Cab. will get its first ever win at Kannapolis Memorial Stadium because I feel like Central Cab. has been more consistent and I do like their win over 2A Powerhouse in Clinton. However - The wonders have gotten better and I think they will give Central Cab. all they can handle but I think they fall just short. 

Central Cab. 28 AL brown 21 

First let me say I am extremely proud of these kids they have a ton of heart and never gave up! I just hate they are stuck with an average coach that is holding them back! There is no excuse for coming out flat every week and getting in a hole you have to dig out of.Everyone got all excited about  beating West and Davie well West is like a little brother you always beat up on, Davie had their two best players in shorts on the sideline and it still took a miracle to win! Then only scored 28 on Carson! As long as Newsom is there we will  e average at best! It will be just like last year lose three straight conference games hopefully beat Robinson and then blow Concord out, at best another 6-6 season!

• Like 1

You are100% correct about the kids not giving up. They easly could have dropped their heads and quit after the 1 quarter when they were down 21 to 0 and nothing was going their way. Proud of them for the way they kept fighting to the end.

5 hours ago, wonderfan said:

First let me say I am extremely proud of these kids they have a ton of heart and never gave up! I just hate they are stuck with an average coach that is holding them back! There is no excuse for coming out flat every week and getting in a hole you have to dig out of.Everyone got all excited about  beating West and Davie well West is like a little brother you always beat up on, Davie had their two best players in shorts on the sideline and it still took a miracle to win! Then only scored 28 on Carson! As long as Newsom is there we will  e average at best! It will be just like last year lose three straight conference games hopefully beat Robinson and then blow Concord out, at best another 6-6 season!

The coach isn't the problem, its just that everyone at Kann expected him to do at Kann what he did at Butler,, he's the only glue holding Kann together.. as I concord grad that has lived in Kann for 30yrs now, I can tell you this,, about 54% of the town are now over the age of 50 and the people moving here have not ties to the school or idea of the old days, this mill town is not what it was years ago and never will be,, this town is slowly getting younger with the people moving here but they are not as concerned about football,, the school is now a soccer and to some extent a tennis, wrestling school much more than a power football school.  The last few games have seen Kann get in a hole early and also the Defense scoring points instead of the Offense, if that continues they are a 2nd round playoff team at best, 6-6 or 7-4 maybe 8-4 are the days of normal now

• Like 5

1 minute ago, jacks2start said:

The coach isn't the problem, everyone at Kann expected him to do at Kann what he done at Butler,, he's the only glue holding Kann together.. as I concord grad that has lived in Kann for 30yrs now, I can tell you this,, about 54% of the town are now over the age of 50 and the people moving here have not ties to the school or idea of the old days, this mill town is not what it was years ago and never will be,, this town is slowly getting younger with the people moving here but they are not as concerned about football,, the school is now a soccer and to some extent a tennis, wrestling school much more than a power football school.  The last few games have seen Kann get in a hole early and also the Defense scoring points instead of the Offense, if that continues they are a 2nd round playoff team at best, 6-6 or 7-4 maybe 8-4 are the days of normal now

+1 

2 hours ago, wonderfan said:

Newsome has to go

I still believe that if we ever learn how to quit making dumb penalties and quit turning over the ball this could be a very good team and make a deep playoff run.

26 minutes ago, 84k said:

I still believe that if we very learn how to quit making dumb penalties and quit turning over the ball this could be a very good team and make a deep playoff run.

Goes back to no discipline 3 false start penalties that killed drivers. We are easily 21 points better than Central talent wise. I am sick of you people making excuses for him he is average at best and has to go!

23 minutes ago, wonderfan said:

Goes back to no discipline 3 false start penalties that killed drivers. We are easily 21 points better than Central talent wise. I am sick of you people making excuses for him he is average at best and has to go!

Speaking of below avg football coaches. You guys see what Knotts did to your boy Blair Hardin tonight??  Yikes...48-0 in 3rd quarter. Might be time for him to change jobs again and get out of Knotts country.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Wrigley said:

Speaking of below avg football coaches. You guys see what Knotts did to your boy Blair Hardin tonight??  Yikes...48-0 in 3rd quarter. Might be time for him to change jobs again and get out of Knotts country.

That has nothing to do with Newsom! If you like him so much you can have him! The real Kannapolis fans are sick of being mediocre!

2 hours ago, Wrigley said:

And if you want to get out of someone's country just remember Blair took a joke in Porter Ridge that had done  nothing and spanked Newsom two years in a row!

12 minutes ago, wonderfan said:

And if you want to get out of someone's country just remember Blair took a joke in Porter Ridge that had done  nothing and spanked Newsom two years in a row!

Big boy football.....not so much.

15 minutes ago, Wrigley said:

Big boy football.....not so much.

Moron you are comparing Blair to one of the best high school football coaches ever! Don't get me started do you even have a team you pull for or you just like to run your mouth?

8 minutes ago, wonderfan said:

Moron you are comparing Blair to one of the best high school football coaches ever! Don't get me started do you even have a team you pull for or you just like to run your mouth?

How many titles Blair have? Newsome=2. Asking for a friend.

3 minutes ago, Wrigley said:

How many titles Blair have? Newsome=2. Asking for a friend.

I doubt you have any friends, yeah he had 10 or 12 D 1 players on his team and they kept winning after he left! Porter Ridge completely disappeared after Blair left! And Newsom can't even win a SPC 3a conference championship won it the first year hasn't won one since! First two losses to CC ever after next Friday first two losses to CM and lost to NW for the first time in 42 years, first loss to JMR, two 6-6 seasons maybe 3 after this year. He is going for all the records!

5 minutes ago, wonderfan said:

I doubt you have any friends, yeah he had 10 or 12 D 1 players on his team and they kept winning after he left! Porter Ridge completely disappeared after Blair left! And Newsom can't even win a SPC 3a conference championship won it the first year hasn't won one since! First two losses to CC ever after next Friday first two losses to CM and lost to NW for the first time in 42 years, first loss to JMR, two 6-6 seasons maybe 3 after this year. He is going for all the records!

So that's zero? Guess he should get better players.

• Like 1

Just now, Wrigley said:

So that's zero?

Look at the difference in talent level Blair had zero the best player on his team was the kicker, but yet he handed Newsom his ass twice! You are comparing apples to oranges but you are probably not smart enough to understand that!

I am a big Blair Hardin fan!  What he did at PR was off the charts.  Don't fool yourself!  PR had some really talentedplayers other than the super elite kicker.  Loved their two title game runs.

When the Brown job came open, Blair was not excited about the prospects.  There were reasons. 

May be Newsome is not the right guy but the days of Kannapolis rolling in and people hiding have been over for a long time.  Different culture in the town now.  That does not mean they cannot have great teams but it is going to be tougher with the growth and talent spread throughout Cabarrus County especially on the Meck border.  Some of the old WNCHSAA city schools seem to have hit tough times with changing demographics and enrollments.  Albemarle, Brown, Concord, Lexington, Thomasville, Hickory.  Other city schools seemed to have had the same issues 

Good thing we did not have social media when Bruce went 22-13 over three seasons.  Smoked by Concord a few times and a couple of losses to East Rowan.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, wonderfan said:

Look at the difference in talent level Blair had zero the best player on his team was the kicker, but yet he handed Newsom his ass twice! You are comparing apples to oranges but you are probably not smart enough to understand that!

So when Blair gets rolled  it's because he doesnt have " talent". When Newsome loses it's because he is a shitty coach.  Please explain?

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, btango said:

I am a big Blair Hardin fan!  What he did at PR was off the charts.  Don't fool yourself!  PR had some really talentedplayers other than the super elite kicker.  Loved their two title game runs.

When the Brown job came open, Blair was not excited about the prospects.  There were reasons. 

May be Newsome is not the right guy but the days of Kannapolis rolling in and people hiding have been over for a long time.  Different culture in the town now.  That does not mean they cannot have great teams but it is going to be tougher with the growth and talent spread throughout Cabarrus County especially on the Meck border.  Some of the old WNCHSAA city schools seem to have hit tough times with changing demographics and enrollments.  Albemarle, Brown, Concord, Lexington, Thomasville, Hickory.  Other city schools seemed to have had the same issues 

Good thing we did not have social media when Bruce went 22-13 over three seasons.  Smoked by Concord a few times and a couple of losses to East Rowan.  

Bruce was 10-3 including playoffs against Concord! Newsom is 5-3. In 1995 Bruce beat Tommy Knotts West Charlotte for their only loss State 4A champion, also handed Concord their only loss of the season knocking them out of the playoffs " only 1 team from the spc made the playoffs " and both teams had far more talent than we did!

2 minutes ago, Wrigley said:

So when Blair gets rolled  it's because he doesnt have " talent". When Newsome loses it's because he is a shitty coach.  Please explain?

I will type this really slow so you can keep up! Blair took a program that was a door matt and won, almost won a state championship! Newsom took a program that had not had a .500 season or worse in 40 years and now has two 6-6 working on a third 6-6 record! If you can't see the difference in that then I cant type slow enough for you to keep up! And if Blair lost that bad to Knotts Newsom would have lost by 80!

35 minutes ago, wonderfan said:

Bruce was 10-3 including playoffs against Concord! Newsom is 5-3. In 1995 Bruce beat Tommy Knotts West Charlotte for their only loss State 4A champion, also handed Concord their only loss of the season knocking them out of the playoffs " only 1 team from the spc made the playoffs " and both teams had far more talent than we did!

I was at that game.  I remember a funny line regarding the WC game Bruce told a few of us.  "I prayed for rain and got a monsoon."

Did Central have more talent than Kannapolis last night?  I know they had by far the best player on the field.  I was not at the game so I am asking.  Coaches I have spoken with think that Kannapolis is average talent.  I only see about one game a year and I agree from those few games.

I really not think Central has more Talent than we do. If you take away that disaster of  first quarter where we had three turnovers after that we outscored them 27 to 10.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, btango said:

I was at that game.  I remember a funny line regarding the WC game Bruce told a few of us.  "I prayed for rain and got a monsoon."

Did Central have more talent than Kannapolis last night?  I know they had by far the best player on the field.  I was not at the game so I am asking.  Coaches I have spoken with think that Kannapolis is average talent.  I only see about one game a year and I agree from those few games.

5 turnovers, way to many penalties including 3 false starts that negated 1st downs and killed drives and still only lost by 4 I would say we have more talent! 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, btango said:

Five turnovers by Kannapolis killed the Wonders.It got them in a 28-0 hole quickly.The game then changed with Kannapolis out scoring Central 27-3 down the stretch.Bennett and Vargas both had huge games for the Wonders.Kannapolis just could not dig themselves all the way out of the hole.

• Thanks 1

Al brown is YOUNG so weather they have less talent or not who knows but they will grow as the season goes along n also into next season. I know the coaches said in the Mooresville game - They didnt make the right adjustments so im sure Al brown would like to replay that Mooresville contest.

But lets be honest tho - Al brown isnt the same when the Late Great Ron Massey or Coach Bob Boswell or anyone in the past. The dynamics of the demographic, town, etc has changed and also the biggest problem right now is NWC , Central have all built there programs to compete in past 2-3 seasons and Im sure we can go on and on bout why this n that is. 

Al brown is still 4-2 on the season. Weather you like Newsome or not..... He has a good track record, and He may not having the success of like the other great AL brown coach have had but There are reasons for that. 

39 minutes ago, btango said:

I will not argue that they had the best player on the field, #7 is a beast!

6 minutes ago, BlueDevilsBiggestFan said:

Al brown is YOUNG so weather they have less talent or not who knows but they will grow as the season goes along n also into next season. I know the coaches said in the Mooresville game - They didnt make the right adjustments so im sure Al brown would like to replay that Mooresville contest.

But lets be honest tho - Al brown isnt the same when the Late Great Ron Massey or Coach Bob Boswell or anyone in the past. The dynamics of the demographic, town, etc has changed and also the biggest problem right now is NWC , Central have all built there programs to compete in past 2-3 seasons and Im sure we can go on and on bout why this n that is. 

Al brown is still 4-2 on the season. Weather you like Newsome or not..... He has a good track record, and He may not having the success of like the other great AL brown coach have had but There are reasons for that. 

I am sick of hearing all of these excuses for Newsom! All I heard for 4 years was just wait until you are out of 4a and you will be fine.  How has that worked out we are still playing for 3rd or 4th in the conference!

18 minutes ago, wonderfan said:

I am sick of hearing all of these excuses for Newsom! All I heard for 4 years was just wait until you are out of 4a and you will be fine.  How has that worked out we are still playing for 3rd or 4th in the conference!

It isnt Excuses --- ITS FACTS!! Big Difference!

Lets narrow this down - NWC has been been Horrible until they started rebuilding and all that under coach Gentry. Central has been up n down but the past 2 season under a Veteran HC they have done well. So that does hurt Al brown in some factors  and I know for a FACT there are at least a few kids at NWC that should be at Kannpolis which is new territory in that area bc it use to be EVERYONE wanted to be AL BROWN or At AL Brown. 

2: Newsome cant CONTROL how the Town and Demographic has changed since 80s,90s etc. 

3. He has 2 title rings at Bulter - weather u want to say He didnt win them n his assistant did is a different story n time.HE still has 2 rings regardless and He still has a Winning record as coach .. Yes records dont mean anything but still a positive to have . 

4. AL Brown is Young and everyone knows that. u have a total of 26 SR which im sure some dont play out of 63 Listed Varsity Players so 37 Players are Underclass with Jr,SO's and maybe a FR here n there so That is Somewhat YOUNG to an extent. 

ALL THESE ARE FACTS !!! Facts DONT LIE! it isnt a Excuse bc Young Talent can win but YOUNG talent do Make More Mistakes more than a Veteran Player(s)
/Team.