Rate this topic

Right now I have to say Mallard Creek. Most balanced team on both sides of ball in my opinion. I’d put Richmond 3rd behind Vance

4 hours ago, WiseOne88 said:

Maxpreps has Richmond county as the #1 team in NC...lets talk! 

Just looked at the adjusted..it has East Forsyth #1

Richmond better hope they go east or they will be singing I Dreamed a Dream from Les Miserables.

Edited by GDG

I think we are better than some may think.  I may be biased, but I keep it real.  This is the first year we have had a defense and line play in a long time.  Big difference from prior years including last year.   

Rankings don't matter to me since performance on the field will determine the final ranking that really matters.  This is the first year in a while where I would say in the top 5 fits well though.  

I have seen MC and Vance play and they are very good.  I have not seen Myers Park and they seem to be rolling quite well. Sounds like West Forsyth has a good squad this year. I consider Scotland east and that is normally a tough game.  Otherwise, if we go East, we still have to win our way through.  It would be an easier path by far.  If we go west it is going to be  really brutal and that puts all the top teams there.   There seems to be a huge disparity between east and west 4aa this year.  The last three years WF was able to balance it out a bit for at least a couple of good championship games.  

Perfect scenario:  these Max Prep rankings end up being the NCHSAA adjusted and Richmond goes east.  MC v WF and Vance v MP in the semifinals.  Winners play through to the state final and hopefully meet Richmond.

If it plays out like this and Richmond goes west.  We could potentially see two great semifinal matchups with Richmond hosting Vance and MC hosting MP on the turf!!!  That all depends if West Forsyth or someone else does not spoil the party. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, btango said:

Perfect scenario:  these Max Prep rankings end up being the NCHSAA adjusted and Richmond goes east.  MC v WF and Vance v MP in the semifinals.  Winners play through to the state final and hopefully meet Richmond.

If it plays out like this and Richmond goes west.  We could potentially see two great semifinal matchups with Richmond hosting Vance and MC hosting MP on the turf!!!  That all depends if West Forsyth or someone else does not spoil the party. 

Question, whats the chances of Vance going 4a?

5 hours ago, Dreboy said:

Question, whats the chances of Vance going 4a?

They were the 22d largest school in the state last year.  The largest 24 that qualify for the playoffs go big 4A.  They were 76 students more than the the 25th school.  Butler was 26th largest and Richmond was 28th.  I have been told by their respective principals that their enrollments are both lower this year than last.  No idea about Vance.  If Vance is small enough to go 4A so will Butler and Richmond.

Enloe, Garinger, and South Meck will not make the playoffs.  Those three were larger than Vance last year although Garinger was only one slot ahead of Vance.  North Meck was larger and looks as if they are not qualifying and there are a few others that will be borderline once conference play kicks off, ie Broughton.  Laney will not make the playoffs and they separated Richmond and Butler in enrollment last year.  I expect those three to go (big) 4AA.

It looks like Richmond will be the last school in the east or first in the west.  I think for football in NC the best is Richmond to make it to the title game out of the east.  If MP or MC comes in with no losses or Vance with a win over MC against an undefeated Richmond it will be a big event.  If that is the regional final at Rockingham it will be huge.

• Thanks 1

Richmond should be ranked 13 or 14....we'll take any ammo we can get for motivation....honestly, 3 maybe 4. Hard for me to justify being ahead of MC and Vance. MC played a brutal non-con schedule and the only blemish was a tie vs a defending state champ at their place. Vance is Vance which is really good.

• Like 1

On 10/9/2019 at 10:53 AM, Greengold4ever said:

Richmond should be ranked 13 or 14....we'll take any ammo we can get for motivation....honestly, 3 maybe 4. Hard for me to justify being ahead of MC and Vance. MC played a brutal non-con schedule and the only blemish was a tie vs a defending state champ at their place. Vance is Vance which is really good.

Agreed.   Hard to say MC is not #1 with that schedule.  Vance is tough. Great defense.  MP is still a question mark.  I like Butler, but they are not what they have been.  Interesting West.  The x factor will be who is playing their best come playoff time.  Some improve more than others.  Sometimes it just comes down to who has the healthy team along with the playing their best at the right time. Timing is the key.