Rate this topic

10 minutes ago, Mitchell county mountie said:

Wow! 5 excuses in 1 post! And I thought Mitchell fans were the ones who made excuses...

10 minutes ago, Mitchell county mountie said:

Wow! 5 excuses in 1 post! And I thought Mitchell fans were the ones who made excuses...

Excuses..we won by 18...none needed..

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Mitchell county mountie said:

Excuses for what winning? Don’t think there is any comparison. Was just pointing out the Avery fan bringing up the refs. If you gonna bring them up talk about all the calls. If it’s excuses for winning so be it. LOL

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Mitchell has more talent than yancey county. Better qb. Better offensive line.  Better kicking game. Better running game. Problem with mitchell is we all know Mitchell has been out coached since Travis took over. We all say it in close circles. Players and Parents. Joe would have won 2 state titles at Mitchell already.  Cant imagine this game being any different. 

Disclaimer: not excuse or one sided comments ahead.

Speaking of officials, last night at Owen was a blast. Never seen a crew talk as much as this one. Flag, 5 minute conversation. False start, 5 minute conversation. Late hit on qb, while he still had the ball. Owen called for holding. 5 minute conversation, then marked off 5 yards from the spot. Just before play starts, whistle. 5 minute conversation, moved back 6 yards. 11 yard penalty? Conversation, oh well let’s play.  Players run out of bounds, keep clock running. 

I know I wouldn’t do better, but man it was a comedy of errors. Again it affected both teams. 

go Mountaineers 

18 minutes ago, wncbowhunter said:

Disclaimer: not excuse or one sided comments ahead.

Speaking of officials, last night at Owen was a blast. Never seen a crew talk as much as this one. Flag, 5 minute conversation. False start, 5 minute conversation. Late hit on qb, while he still had the ball. Owen called for holding. 5 minute conversation, then marked off 5 yards from the spot. Just before play starts, whistle. 5 minute conversation, moved back 6 yards. 11 yard penalty? Conversation, oh well let’s play.  Players run out of bounds, keep clock running. 

I know I wouldn’t do better, but man it was a comedy of errors. Again it affected both teams. 

go Mountaineers 

I said it over on the other board, it's hard to play a Buncombe county team, with Buncombe county refs, in Buncombe county. Now, Owen DID have 1 more penalty than Mitchell, but they looked at Padgent after every play. I doubt they looked at Travise twice all night. It was the same at Erwin, and even worse when Mitchell used to play North Buncombe.

54 minutes ago, Humpback Burleson said:

Mitchell has more talent than yancey county. Better qb. Better offensive line.  Better kicking game. Better running game. Problem with mitchell is we all know Mitchell has been out coached since Travis took over. We all say it in close circles. Players and Parents. Joe would have won 2 state titles at Mitchell already.  Cant imagine this game being any different. 

I'm just gonna stop you right there. I get real sick of armchair coaches in Ledger. Mitchell county has ALWAYS produced good football talent. We just have never had a coach to get the full potential out of our players. Travise is in his 6th season, and has produced a 64-14 record in that time frame. He is a young coach, and yeah, he has been outcoached a few times. It happens. But, there wasn't a game last year where he got outcoached. I'm their 3 losses, Erwin, Mountain Heritage, and Murphy, the Mountaineers got outplayed. Everyone seems to have already forgotten that last year, we had just graduated 15 seniors, lost 75% of our offense, 50% of our line, and the 2nd best QB in WNC of all time. It was supposed to be a rebuilding year for Mitchell, but yet they held their own against a much more talented Erwin team (aided and abetted by refs), went toe to toe with a pretty equal Heritage, and lost a heartbreaker to a more talented Murphy. On the Murphy game, Travise had an excellent game plan against the greatest coach in NC history. He was NOT outcoached. Mitchell actually played above their potential in the first 3 quarters, but Murphy's talent and depth eventually wore them down in the 4th. Heritage's talent, much like Mitchell's, remains fairly consistent from year to year. To put into perspective, in Joey's first 6 years as a head coach, he went 14-56. Not exactly awe inspiring. Building a program takes time, and Joey has done that, over 20 years. Travise has done that in 6. Daddy ball took Avery to the depths of the underworld, we don't need that horseshit here.

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, Mitchell county mountie said:

I'm just gonna stop you right there. I get real sick of armchair coaches in Ledger. Mitchell county has ALWAYS produced good football talent. We just have never had a coach to get the full potential out of our players. Travise is in his 6th season, and has produced a 64-14 record in that time frame. He is a young coach, and yeah, he has been outcoached a few times. It happens. But, there wasn't a game last year where he got outcoached. I'm their 3 losses, Erwin, Mountain Heritage, and Murphy, the Mountaineers got outplayed. Everyone seems to have already forgotten that last year, we had just graduated 15 seniors, lost 75% of our offense, 50% of our line, and the 2nd best QB in WNC of all time. It was supposed to be a rebuilding year for Mitchell, but yet they held their own against a much more talented Erwin team (aided and abetted by refs), went toe to toe with a pretty equal Heritage, and lost a heartbreaker to a more talented Murphy. On the Murphy game, Travise had an excellent game plan against the greatest coach in NC history. He was NOT outcoached. Mitchell actually played above their potential in the first 3 quarters, but Murphy's talent and depth eventually wore them down in the 4th. Heritage's talent, much like Mitchell's, remains fairly consistent from year to year. To put into perspective, in Joey's first 6 years as a head coach, he went 14-56. Not exactly awe inspiring. Building a program takes time, and Joey has done that, over 20 years. Travise has done that in 6. Daddy ball took Avery to the depths of the underworld, we don't need that horseshit here.

Sorry just my opinion. We hit a dead spot in talent a few years. Not saying travis isn't a good coach. But is he really better than riddle or Barnett or anyone else when they have the same talent. Everyone sees he is to worried about what Robinson legacy instead of coaching the game. The boys see it. Maybe he will get over the hump this year. But 98% of us deep down know Joe has out coached him. Nothing wrong with a difference of opinion.  But we all have said it at work or at the gas station and stands. We all have. We are better than mountain heritage 3 phases of the game. No way they should stop us through the air.  Its coming down to 2nd guessing.  There is no excuses this year. I heard that last year . Not saying I want another coach.  Its just an obvious observation . 

1 hour ago, Humpback Burleson said:

Sorry just my opinion. We hit a dead spot in talent a few years. Not saying travis isn't a good coach. But is he really better than riddle or Barnett or anyone else when they have the same talent. Everyone sees he is to worried about what Robinson legacy instead of coaching the game. The boys see it. Maybe he will get over the hump this year. But 98% of us deep down know Joe has out coached him. Nothing wrong with a difference of opinion.  But we all have said it at work or at the gas station and stands. We all have. We are better than mountain heritage 3 phases of the game. No way they should stop us through the air.  Its coming down to 2nd guessing.  There is no excuses this year. I heard that last year . Not saying I want another coach.  Its just an obvious observation . 

Ok im going out of my norm and say something good about mitchell..you better THANK your lucky stars you got the coach you have.when Travis took over your program was BAD.almost madison bad.. he turned them around almost overnight....but now you making statments about your coach..makes perfect sense being you judge how talent is on a given team by reading stats the next morning..

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cougars66 said:

Ok im going out of my norm and say something good about mitchell..you better THANK your lucky stars you got the coach you have.when Travis took over your program was BAD.almost madison bad.. he turned them around almost overnight....but now you making statments about your coach..makes perfect sense being you judge how talent is on a given team by reading stats the next morning..

Listen son. I know mh has only had a decade of winning. But Mitchells history of winning goes back to the early 80s. Travis is a good coach but we were here long before he put on a headset. Mitchell was known for football when you guys was was having 20 win basketball seasons  and 1 win seasons in football. Dont even start that nonsense. Mitchell isnt defied by 1 person like MH. A mitchell county son built mh football. Talent for talent we have  almost always been the same. It was the coaching . Now its flipped  . Joe has a leg up on us. He has out coached us consistently. Until travis proves otherwise. 

52 minutes ago, Humpback Burleson said:

Listen son. I know mh has only had a decade of winning. But Mitchells history of winning goes back to the early 80s. Travis is a good coach but we were here long before he put on a headset. Mitchell was known for football when you guys was was having 20 win basketball seasons  and 1 win seasons in football. Dont even start that nonsense. Mitchell isnt defied by 1 person like MH. A mitchell county son built mh football. Talent for talent we have  almost always been the same. It was the coaching . Now its flipped  . Joe has a leg up on us. He has out coached us consistently. Until travis proves otherwise. 

You showed what you know..when you said you judge talent by reading the sports page......you need say no more....son

9 hours ago, Cougars66 said:

You showed what you know..when you said you judge talent by reading the sports page......you need say no more....son

Yeah no comment on actual post. Have you seen mitchell this year? Besides hudl? Is reading witchcraft where you are from? I guess we should go on feelings. Not facts. Lets take away. Asheville citizen. Mitchell Journal. Yancey Journal.  Maxpreps.  Cp. Now make a judge of talent.  Well I guess reading maybe is important on judging and talent. 

19 minutes ago, Humpback Burleson said:

Yeah no comment on actual post. Have you seen mitchell this year? Besides hudl? Is reading witchcraft where you are from? I guess we should go on feelings. Not facts. Lets take away. Asheville citizen. Mitchell Journal. Yancey Journal.  Maxpreps.  Cp. Now make a judge of talent.  Well I guess reading maybe important on judging and talent. 

The players on our highschool teams are young men .most are under 18 ..i have never voiced what i think about a single kid at any postion..other then to say there a good ball player..to compare player to player i think should be a thing ws as adults should leave alone....not our place and not fair to the kids..there not pros making millions of dollars .there kids..young men..with moms and dads ..brothers and sisters..just not fair..to any of them..when rag each other about whos teama best..your not pointing at one player but just at a team...but to answer your question..your a fool if you think you can read talent by reading a sports page...

26 minutes ago, Cougars66 said:

The players on our highschool teams are young men .most are under 18 ..i have never voiced what i think about a single kid at any postion..other then to say there a good ball player..to compare player to player i think should be a thing ws as adults should leave alone....not our place and not fair to the kids..there not pros making millions of dollars .there kids..young men..with moms and dads ..brothers and sisters..just not fair..to any of them..when rag each other about whos teama best..your not pointing at one player but just at a team...but to answer your question..your a fool if you think you can read talent by reading a sports page...

Sounds like you are out of football knowledge now taking another road of being offended.  Melting like a snow flake. No one said anything what you are describing.  You are on here trying to find out about Mitchells football team. Probably even went to maxpreps and seen the stat line. You sound silly.