Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
Redbirdfan30

North Stokes at Mount Airy

Rate this topic

Recommended Posts

North Stokes appears to be on the upswing after going 1-32 the last three seasons with a 4-2 mark thus far, but Mt. Airy should be heavy favorite.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hope North beats them as bad as Surry Central did a few years back 21 to 0,MA went into that knowing Central was awful and turned around and got killed .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Redbirdfan30 said:

Mount Airy looks to be on a downslide,possibly finishing 3 or 4 in conference play the next few years.

LOL, you are very funny. You know as well as I do North Stoke is not going to beat Mount Airy @ Bears home game on Homecoming. They have only beat Mount Airy once since the 1970s and that has been their only win 1995 North Stokes 20 Mount Airy 16 . Mount Airy is 43-1 against North Stokes.

1995 Mount Airy & North Stokes went 6-7 that year but in the conference, NS went 4-3 & MA went 3-4, also in 1982 & 1983 North Stokes had no team. 

Mount Airy by 28, maybe 35. Maybe more.... 👞🏈   A 🔒 :rolleyes:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, TD-FridayNight said:

LOL, you are very funny. You know as well as I do North Stoke is not going to beat Mount Airy @ Bears home game on Homecoming. They have only beat Mount Airy once since the 1970s and that has been their only win 1995 North Stokes 20 Mount Airy 16 . Mount Airy is 43-1 against North Stokes.

1995 Mount Airy & North Stokes went 6-7 that year but in the conference, NS went 4-3 & MA went 3-4, also in 1982 & 1983 North Stokes had no team. 

Mount Airy by 28, maybe 35. Maybe more.... 👞🏈   A 🔒 :rolleyes:

This was Coach David Diamont's last of 5 years 1991- 1995 @ Mount Airy and his only losing season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anything can happen ,and MA is very overrated,finally starting to show in the rankings ,they haven't been a top twenty team all year ,good luck to kids from Danbury !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Redbirdfan30 said:

Anything can happen ,and MA is very overrated,finally starting to show in the rankings ,they haven't been a top twenty team all year ,good luck to kids from Danbury !

This is NCHSAA Adjusted MaxPreps Ranking - Football for 10/7/2019 TODAY'S link below....

https://www.nchsaa.org/sites/default/files/10-07-19_MPAR_Football.pdf

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's an insult to a team like Mitchell ,no way you can have mountaineers 2 above them ,MA gets blown out by about 10 to 12 teams on that list ,what a joke all I can say lol!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Everyone on here has been talking about what a joke that rating system that is ,Tarboro proven ,Holmes took down major team ,East took down Reidsville ,Mitchell killing teams ,Swain back in the groove ,Murphy still Murphy good ,Robbinsville a good team ,that's all you need to talk about ,MA isn't even in the discussion ,and won't be for the next several years ,at the beginning of the season you guys had secret things coming for the season ,and I hear you guys now saying special things are in store there in the future ,when fact is Pilot coaching staff has got a better program in place from the ground up and will be the Northwest king for a long time ,no matter how many high dollar scoreboards ,and pro coaching staff you guys think you have ,hard to handle those country kids from pilot ,and respectable fan base that stands behind their kids ,we don't walk out at halftime complaining when they meet a strong team 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Redbirdfan30 said:

That's an insult to a team like Mitchell ,no way you can have mountaineers 2 above them ,MA gets blown out by about 10 to 12 teams on that list ,what a joke all I can say lol!

Until 2018 East Surry has been a joke for many years . At least Mount Airy has won the State Championship once and State Runner-ups twice in the last 10 years and that does not count the times they made the western finals so, where was East Surry ?   Until last year they only made it to the western finals once and lost. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
16
2 minutes ago, Redbirdfan30 said:

Everyone on here has been talking about what a joke that rating system that is ,Tarboro proven ,Holmes took down major team ,East took down Reidsville ,Mitchell killing teams ,Swain back in the groove ,Murphy still Murphy good ,Robbinsville a good team ,that's all you need to talk about ,MA isn't even in the discussion ,and won't be for the next several years ,at the beginning of the season you guys had secret things coming for the season ,and I hear you guys now saying special things are in store there in the future ,when fact is Pilot coaching staff has got a better program in place from the ground up and will be the Northwest king for a long time ,no matter how many high dollar scoreboards ,and pro coaching staff you guys think you have ,hard to handle those country kids from pilot ,and respectable fan base that stands behind their kids ,we don't walk out at halftime complaining when they meet a strong team 

Well, not since last December anyway. I along with everyone else says East Surry will probably win the State Championship this year unless #12 gets hurt. So next year can be a very different year for those Red Birds because they get a few wings plucked in graduation !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes they will be down a little but still very good ,oline losing two seniors will still be dominant ,5 will be a beast to stop running the ball ,and jv team is rolling this year ,they will be strong ,true hard to replace a team like they have this year ,I remember seeing Gosnell as a freshman and people saying he would be good and they were right ,best player I've seen at East Surry period ,Boaz is now in his groove at qb ,and is definitely sharing the spotlight with Gosnell ,this is our 2008 Bears team title or not ,these teams are few and far between !

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×