Sign in to follow this  
KoKie34

Butler @ Myers Park

Rate this topic

5 minutes ago, harlem545 said:

Seen the replay, He clearly stepped out and the ref clearly threw his hat. Whoever is over these guys needs to start holding them accountable. This year has been awful. And before you guys come in here with the “yOu CaNt BlAmE tHe ReFs” you can, they’re garbage. Start holding them accountable. 

In the words of my old ball coach. “Film no Lie” 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, work7 said:

In the words of my old ball coach. “Film no Lie” 

Same thing my old coach said, he’s over at DF now 😂. He also had a deep disdain for incompetence refs. 

27 minutes ago, harlem545 said:

Seen the replay, He clearly stepped out and the ref clearly threw his hat. Whoever is over these guys needs to start holding them accountable. This year has been awful. And before you guys come in here with the “yOu CaNt BlAmE tHe ReFs” you can, they’re garbage. Start holding them accountable. 

So here how it goes
Like u have different associations of like If i wanted referee, I live in Statesville so I would Referee in the Inner Piedmont Referees so I would contact the Region guy who run the Inner Piedmont so He give me to the guy runs the clinics and all that   

SO u have 3 people that u can anwser to - The guy run the clinics and all that which he is a referee himself but prob is the Veteran . Then U have the region guy who RUN and Controls that area of referees and then head of officials at NCHSAA but the main 2 would be the Regional guy n NCHSAA Head of Officials  

Every NCHSAA Board of Directors meetings has a section on ideas to get more referees especially as they continue to lose older ones and the amount if younger ones is not close to the number needed to replace them.  Having enough good, experienced referees is currently an issue.  It is going to be crippling in the next five to ten years.  Not worth it for what they deal with, especially basketball refs, and the net income after travel and education.

• Like 1

Posted this in another thread , but ran into that ref at my boys youth game. He said it was a good call because he thought defender was forced out by DB. I told him the film showed otherwise (in fact receiver had a few steps on DB) and he even took off from out of bounds. He hit me with the “Referees are human we all make mistakes “ .. I just laughed and shook my head. I’m hoping that crew doesn’t get a playoff contract

53 minutes ago, Dreboy said:

Posted this in another thread , but ran into that ref at my boys youth game. He said it was a good call because he thought defender was forced out by DB. I told him the film showed otherwise (in fact receiver had a few steps on DB) and he even took off from out of bounds. He hit me with the “Referees are human we all make mistakes “ .. I just laughed and shook my head. I’m hoping that crew doesn’t get a playoff contract

The reason why im so critical on referee is I did referee about 1 yr of football and I done some rec referee basketball (Yes it is different than HS). When u are getting taught how do this or not to do this n that and u need keep the play in front of you but yet they dont do what they say on Friday nights. Every referee is different i know some referees that WANT to throw the flag n I know some that dont throw any unless that have to and That is the issue. Also When they tell you dont do this n that but yet U see them do it every friday.  

Biggest issue i have , is If its OBVIOUS how do u miss , It kinda like Holding, U can have Holding on every play but they told me U would rather call it earlier in the game instead of waiting n throwing it in 4th bc it could cost them the game n also u want to be consistent so if u call it in the 1st , u call it in the 4th and One thing i dont get is Referee can be Looking right at someone getting held and its obvious  n they dont call a thing  

Also I dont understand how in the Hickory Ridge vs Rocky Game, Idk how they picked up a Personal foul flag when its was Obvious that the kid intentionally did his actions and the way he acted he knew he was in the wrong n Kicking someone in the HEAD - That FLAG SHOULD NOT OF BEEN PICKED UP! 

Like i said ,I understand there is human factor n age n this n that but Its like baseball the ONLY WAY u miss a CALL is if u arent paying attention, u didnt see it all the way thur so u dont know what to call but sometimes u need to call something esp if its a personal foul or something major n or Your in the wrong spot/position to see it .... Football same way, U have be in the right spot / Angle to see it ..... .Like i give u another example - There is NO WAY a Back Judge thats 10-15 yard away is going to see a Face Mask when its happen with everyone around that player, Noted the player helmet did come off, and it was a GOOD call but THATS THE SIDELINE Judge call , Some calls have to be made By that referee in the area but If u have a Better VIEW or Angle of it i understand but u cant call everything that someone else misses 

In Basketball : U are taught to not OVER RULE your panther or show them up but if u have a better angle n u can help each other out n u see a foul then call it and u always talk n ask your panther n all that if u need help or this n that. Football referee NEED better communication  

Also If i know them , I usually dont give them as much as hard time but Most of the referee I know are usually good n a lot of them i know are at college level in some aspects and trust me there are some good referees in every sports but there here and there! like Kevin Bumgarner father of Madison Bumgarner - he prob one of the best Umpires (Baseball) i have ever seen.