Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
KoKie34

Butler @ Myers Park

Rate this topic

Recommended Posts

Butler(4-2) will be Myers Park(6-0) biggest test yet. Butler has lost to 

Butler has lost to: Mallard Creek(5-0-1) and Richmond(6-0)

Butler coming off a 35-14 win against Porter Ridge and into Friday at Myers Park. This should get interesting since Butler beat a decent Rocky River 14-7 in overtime last week.

Then Rocky River lead Mallard Creek 21-0, but Mallard Creek came back to win with a 63-21 final. talk about some unstable scores.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, KoKie34 said:

Butler(4-2) will be Myers Park(6-0) biggest test yet. Butler has lost to 

Butler has lost to: Mallard Creek(5-0-1) and Richmond(6-0)

Butler coming off a 35-14 win against Porter Ridge and into Friday at Myers Park. This should get interesting since Butler beat a decent Rocky River 14-7 in overtime last week.

Then Rocky River lead Mallard Creek 21-0, but Mallard Creek came back to win with a 63-21 final. talk about some unstable scores.

At no point did Rocky River lead Mallard Creek 21-0. Continue on

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Wrigley said:

At no point did Rocky River lead Mallard Creek 21-0. Continue on

Ok 7-7 early in the game. 21-13 right before the half and 21-21 at half by an 0-5 Rocky River. This makes me question Mallard Creek a tiny bit. Not a lot, but just a tiny bit

There was approximately 1,000 people there and the conditions were just fine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, KoKie34 said:

Ok 7-7 early in the game. 21-13 right before the half and 21-21 at half by an 0-5 Rocky River. This makes me question Mallard Creek a tiny bit. Not a lot, but just a tiny bit

There was approximately 1,000 people there and the conditions were just fine.

Nope. 28-21 MC at half.  Keep trying though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Wrigley said:

Nope. 28-21 MC at half.  Keep trying though.

I never said half was over.

Myers Park is coming off a Burning Hot season and they are not stopping. Everyone that Butler has beat thus far has 2 or more on the right. Myers Park has a Powerful "0" on the right. I just cant see Butler moving on and taking the "W" from Myers Park. This is at home too, Oh no no no no no

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, KoKie34 said:

I never said half was over.

Myers Park is coming off a Burning Hot season and they are not stopping. Everyone that Butler has beat thus far has 2 or more on the right. Myers Park has a Powerful "0" on the right. I just cant see Butler moving on and taking the "W" from Myers Park.

" 21-21 at half by an 0-5 Rocky River"

Your words EXACTLY.

Agree....Myers Park is elite and will not be challenged until 2nd or 3rd round of playoffs. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Wrigley said:

" 21-21 at half by an 0-5 Rocky River"

Your words EXACTLY.

Agree....Myers Park is elite and will not be challenged until 2nd or 3rd round of playoffs. 

Against who?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, KoKie34 said:

Against who?

No idea who there 3rd round opponent will be. Assuming it will be a very good team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Wrigley said:

No idea who there 3rd round opponent will be. Assuming it will be a very good team.

And if you had to guess, who would be the only great teams left in the third round would be who?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, KoKie34 said:

I never said half was over.

Myers Park is coming off a Burning Hot season and they are not stopping. Everyone that Butler has beat thus far has 2 or more on the right. Myers Park has a Powerful "0" on the right. I just cant see Butler moving on and taking the "W" from Myers Park. This is at home too, Oh no no no no no

Be careful. Myers Park has historically had problems with Butlers physicality. Now Butler does not have the horses they usually have but Hales will have them ready to play. You seem to be worried about how Creek beats people. Once again once MP plays the type schedule Creek plays you can question that. The frost is coming and when it does you have to be able to run the ball. Summer football is about done. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3 carries for 6 yards against Vance the 2nd half last year. They’ll live and die by the pass. Gotta figure out how to run the ball.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Butler is just hoping to get a first down. Myers Park may finally get that eluded conference championship they haven't seemed to be able to hold on their own.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, work7 said:

3 carries for 6 yards against Vance the 2nd half last year. They’ll live and die by the pass. Gotta figure out how to run the ball.

And this defense is better than last yr. He probably think Saban will come and wave his magic hand for Maye. U jus cant throw it 50xs a game and not run the ball or play a little bit of defense. Theres going 2 b a lot of eyes watching this game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Home game --> Advantage MP

Record --> Advantage MP

Momentum --> Advantage MP

Fans --> Advantage MP

Defense --> Advantage MP

Pressure is on Butler --> Advantage MP

Win -->Advantage MP

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, KoKie34 said:

Home game --> Advantage MP

Record --> Advantage MP

Momentum --> Advantage MP

Fans --> Advantage MP

Defense --> Advantage MP

Pressure is on Butler --> Advantage MP

Win -->Advantage MP

 

Defense I'm not sure. Havent played anybody to see if that is true. Plus the pressure is ALL ON MP.  The mustangs are the preseason state champ pick, plus a top 100 nationally team so of course the pressure is on them and not jus win but win overwhelmingly. So a loss...not even a loss but a close win will cause a lot a lot of whispers. Again no one is hating on MP but ur on here bragging n poking ur chest out over beating Garinger n Olympic...that's what teams like them suppose 2 do. Not to mention talking down on other teams n their fan bases with this I'm better than you attitude. People hate on Creek for that but they have the history, the wins and the rings to back it up. Reminds me of those arrogant ass Hough fans from last yr.....I wonder where they're at now? Probably fishing off lake norman I guess lol.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, 704cougarsdad said:

Defense I'm not sure. Havent played anybody to see if that is true. Plus the pressure is ALL ON MP.  The mustangs are the preseason state champ pick, plus a top 100 nationally team so of course the pressure is on them and not jus win but win overwhelmingly. So a loss...not even a loss but a close win will cause a lot a lot of whispers. Again no one is hating on MP but ur on here bragging n poking ur chest out over beating Garinger n Olympic...that's what teams like them suppose 2 do. Not to mention talking down on other teams n their fan bases with this I'm better than you attitude. People hate on Creek for that but they have the history, the wins and the rings to back it up. Reminds me of those arrogant ass Hough fans from last yr.....I wonder where they're at now? Probably fishing off lake norman I guess lol.

No bragging nor poking any chest. Just stating the chances MP has...

A close win is a Win. A Big win is a win. A win is a win

If MC wins a close one, MC will dissect the game entirely and at the end say: "a win is a win. Am I correct?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, 704cougarsdad said:

Defense I'm not sure. Havent played anybody to see if that is true. Plus the pressure is ALL ON MP.  The mustangs are the preseason state champ pick, plus a top 100 nationally team so of course the pressure is on them and not jus win but win overwhelmingly. So a loss...not even a loss but a close win will cause a lot a lot of whispers. Again no one is hating on MP but ur on here bragging n poking ur chest out over beating Garinger n Olympic...that's what teams like them suppose 2 do. Not to mention talking down on other teams n their fan bases with this I'm better than you attitude. People hate on Creek for that but they have the history, the wins and the rings to back it up. Reminds me of those arrogant ass Hough fans from last yr.....I wonder where they're at now? Probably fishing off lake norman I guess lol.

Nobody from MC even mentions wins over the kind of teams that MP has played all year. Butler is just slightly above that.

I doubt this game will be much of a game at all. Butler just doesnt have the dudes to really challenge MP anymore and MP knows this is probably the only real team they will play this year. I suspect it's over early

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Wrigley said:

Nobody from MC even mentions wins over the kind of teams that MP has played all year. Butler is just slightly above that.

I doubt this game will be much of a game at all. Butler just doesnt have the dudes to really challenge MP anymore and MP knows this is probably the only real team they will play this year. I suspect it's over early

The answer I was looking for

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, KoKie34 said:

The answer I was looking for

The difference is you think it's a good thing that they wont be challenged.  I think that is there biggest concern. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Wrigley said:

Nobody from MC even mentions wins over the kind of teams that MP has played all year. Butler is just slightly above that.

I doubt this game will be much of a game at all. Butler just doesnt have the dudes to really challenge MP anymore and MP knows this is probably the only real team they will play this year. I suspect it's over early

I always love the fallout of your predictions in terms of Butler.  In the end , it always makes me smile!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Dreboy said:

I always love the fallout of your predictions in terms of Butler.  In the end , it always makes me smile!

What would you like me to say. Mauled by Richmond and MC. Took OT to beat a bad Rocky River team that Myers Park had a running clock on at half.

I would LOVE Butler to win this game but let's just face facts. They arent in the elite conversation anymore. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Wrigley said:

What would you like me to say. Mauled by Richmond and MC. Took OT to beat a bad Rocky River team that Myers Park had a running clock on at half.

I would LOVE Butler to win this game but let's just face facts. They arent in the elite conversation anymore. 

Oh no I want you to keep doing what your doing. I have no problem with it. Everyone is entitled to bring their insight to this board. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Dreboy said:

Oh no I want you to keep doing what your doing. I have no problem with it. Everyone is entitled to bring their insight to this board. 

DO you disagree?  How about your insight?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, 704cougarsdad said:

Defense I'm not sure. Havent played anybody to see if that is true. Plus the pressure is ALL ON MP.  The mustangs are the preseason state champ pick, plus a top 100 nationally team so of course the pressure is on them and not jus win but win overwhelmingly. So a loss...not even a loss but a close win will cause a lot a lot of whispers. Again no one is hating on MP but ur on here bragging n poking ur chest out over beating Garinger n Olympic...that's what teams like them suppose 2 do. Not to mention talking down on other teams n their fan bases with this I'm better than you attitude. People hate on Creek for that but they have the history, the wins and the rings to back it up. Reminds me of those arrogant ass Hough fans from last yr.....I wonder where they're at now? Probably fishing off lake norman I guess lol.

Be advised 704, KoKie is actually a Purnell Swett fan masking as a MP fan. He has no real knowledge of it and is more a troll than anything else. 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Wrigley said:

DO you disagree?  How about your insight?

I don't think they will win, but I do think they will put up a better fight than most people think they will.  Last two seasons Myers Park was favored in regular season matchup and they found ways to win. They don't have the Jimmy's and Joe's to make up for their deficiencies like previous seasons. They are lacking in other areas but that's just in my opinion

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Catholic said:

Be advised 704, KoKie is actually a Pernell Swett fan masking as a MP fan. He has no real knowledge of it and is more a troll than anything else. 

Well I can understand that, Purnell Swett hasn't been relevant since I was in school in the 90's. At this point he should find other coat tails to hang on

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Catholic said:

Be advised 704, KoKie is actually a Purnell Swett fan masking as a MP fan. He has no real knowledge of it and is more a troll than anything else. 

Actually it just sort of depends what day or year it is.

Purnell Sweet

Richmond

Scotland

Myers park

It also depends on which screen name or site he is using.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Dreboy said:

I don't think they will win, but I do think they will put up a better fight than most people think they will.  Last two seasons Myers Park was favored in regular season matchup and they found ways to win. They don't have the Jimmy's and Joe's to make up for their deficiencies like previous seasons. They are lacking in other areas but that's just in my opinion

This is certainly not a news flash to anyone but Maye is REAL GOOD. You either gotta getting him moving around OR you have to be able to score with them. I just cant see Butler able to do either. Hope I am wrong as I have been before.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Catholic said:

Be advised 704, KoKie is actually a Purnell Swett fan masking as a MP fan. He has no real knowledge of it and is more a troll than anything else. 

 

38 minutes ago, Wrigley said:

Actually it just sort of depends what day or year it is.

Purnell Sweet

Richmond

Scotland

Myers park

It also depends on which screen name or site he is using.

I'm not exactly sure who you're comparing me to. I have never heard of Purnell Sweet until now. Catholic what qualifications do you have to call anyone troll?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, KoKie34 said:

 

I'm not exactly sure who you're comparing me to. I have never heard of Purnell Sweet until now. Catholic what qualifications do you have to call anyone troll?

As people in the know say "I have my sources"

Also, pulling hard for the Bulldogs to pull the big upset, theyll need a fantastic game to do it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, KoKie34 said:

 

I'm not exactly sure who you're comparing me to. I have never heard of Purnell Sweet until now. Catholic what qualifications do you have to call anyone troll?

Gotcha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Catholic said:

As people in the know say "I have my sources"

Also, pulling hard for the Bulldogs to pull the big upset, theyll need a fantastic game to do it. 

"People in the know"? I have seen many of your type in society where you give a huge volume of credibility to someone that you have never met or maybe once. I am still quite confused on your hypothesis. So you're telling me "people in the know" who ever they may be qualifies you to make such a statement like TROLL? So what youre telling me is you're a Follower not a Leader. My suggestion to you is to never become a follower because those who follow the crowd usually get lost in it. I have always told my kids tha Leaders have never created follower, better yet they have always created Leaders.

Sad to say but Butler is not Butler. Whether anyone likes it or not Myers Park has the upper hand.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, KoKie34 said:

"People in the know"? I have seen many of your type in society where you give a huge volume of credibility to someone that you have never met or maybe once. I am still quite confused on your hypothesis. So you're telling me "people in the know" who ever they may be qualifies you to make such a statement like TROLL? So what youre telling me is you're a Follower not a Leader. My suggestion to you is to never become a follower because those who follow the crowd usually get lost in it. I have always told my kids tha Leaders have never created follower, better yet they have always created Leaders.

Sad to say but Butler is not Butler. Whether anyone likes it or not Myers Park has the upper hand.

Oh Hell ….another paragraph with tons of psychological questions. Another thread is about to go left......

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, KoKie34 said:

Home game --> Advantage MP

Record --> Advantage MP

Momentum --> Advantage MP

Fans --> Advantage MP

Defense --> Advantage MP

Pressure is on Butler --> Advantage MP

Win -->Advantage MP

 

Luckily they play the game on the field.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, KoKie34 said:

"People in the know"? I have seen many of your type in society where you give a huge volume of credibility to someone that you have never met or maybe once. I am still quite confused on your hypothesis. So you're telling me "people in the know" who ever they may be qualifies you to make such a statement like TROLL? So what youre telling me is you're a Follower not a Leader. My suggestion to you is to never become a follower because those who follow the crowd usually get lost in it. I have always told my kids tha Leaders have never created follower, better yet they have always created Leaders.

Sad to say but Butler is not Butler. Whether anyone likes it or not Myers Park has the upper hand.

Oh Oh! The bootleg Dr. Phil with the Jeffro Bodine education  has spoken.😂😂😂

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Dreboy said:

Oh Hell ….another paragraph with tons of psychological questions. Another thread is about to go left......

You have no authority what so ever whether anything goes left, right, up or down.

Please explain what is so psychological about my statement?

It helps when you have players like Porter Rooks, Cameron Roseman, and Parker Mendenhall. These are three key players taking their team through adversity because it is part of the game. They have committed to endless rep workouts in the spring and the winter not to only get strong but to build the family. They live up to their standard so they can become 3% better during every practice. Communication is key and MP conducts this very well.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×