Sign in to follow this  
Vik-Val 86

Statesville at South Iredell

Rate this topic

1 hour ago, Vik-Val 86 said:

I seen where West Rowan won  over East Rowan 31-7. Next week South Iredell  has West Rowan. South Iredell will need that win but West will be tough at home. Should West win I think this sets up for a showdown with Statesville. Next week I believe we will learn a lot with the game between West Rowan and South Iredell. 

My son and I went to see WR & ER game tonight... I was impressed with WR run game... Big, physical o-line and a pretty good RB who runs the ball really well... Stopping the run will be the key for South...

• Like 2

Kudos to both teams. I thought SI had a good game plan. Slow the pace of the game and don't get into a shootout with SHS. I think the SI offense has potential but there is something missing. As for SHS when the offense clicks they are hard to stop even without Chavion. But the biggest difference is with Nebanye their QB. This kid has elevated his game and is a leader on offense. He had some awesome throws last nite. Don't be surprised by the end of his career some D1 schools take peek at him. Also at the end of the game there was great sportsmanship shown by both teams.

• Like 1

South had a couple of chances of getting the QB down but he was quick enough to get out and make some big yards. I think South secondary was the big hurt. South has a good team and feel that they  are better than their record. If Statesville puts together two half they really would be something to deal with.