Sign in to follow this  
Vik-Val 86

Statesville at South Iredell

Rate this topic

NPC starts next Friday as 6-0 Statesville will travel to 2-4 South Iredell. South is down some and has played some tough competition. Statesville is favored to win the NPC but can South make it tough with home field advantage. I figure Statesville should this one. Any thoughts. 

I've seen this a many of years... Viking Valley scares me more than any stadium in the state... That coach (Miller) scares the HELL out of me... My Greyhounds will really have to focus hard coming off this break... I believe in Gus and his staff... They have done a outstanding job with this team... He & staff don't get enough credit but I love them for making us happy about such an exciting season... Go Greyhounds...

I dont think South Iredell is as bad as their record indicates as they played some very good competition. South Iredell being at Home inside Viking Valley will help im sure for the Vikings. 

For SI: Gotta make Turnovers happen and get Pressure on Statesville QB. Slow down their run game. Gotta win at the line of scrimmage to give South a chance. I think South Iredell needs start out to a strong n fast start on the offense. Defense they arent bad but they have to play well in the secondary as Statesville can Throw them deep. Will playing Tough competition early in the season Help South Iredell here? 

For Statesville: Consistency. Less Penalties. Do what your suppose to do! Pretty simple - Statesville has to stay out of it own way , They gotta make the plays they need to make and just do nothing to hurt them like unsportsmanlike conduct penalties or personal fouls . Statesville O has play Well esp their O line and WRs need step up n make plays. Defense Got keep thing in front and play well.

From a Rivalry Standpoint: Idk how much of rivalry it is bc I feel like it somewhat not as Hyped up or anything as it use to be back in early days (Imo) but History is on the side of Statesville as they do lead the all time series but in past 5 years: Statesville is 1-3 vs SI (2018-2015) so Can SI keep up their streak over Statesville or will Statesville finally get a WIN over SI! 

Tough one to pick but: South Iredell 28 Statesville 34 

Last year Statesville had South Iredell beat until late in the 4th, and the Hounds let them off the hook. Alot of disappointed Statesville players, Coaches, and fans remember  that game.The last time Statesville beat South Iredell was 2015 and the game was played at South. South Iredell will be at home and they will be gunning for Statesville. The ? how will Statesville play coming off of a bye week? They haven't been too good in the last several years. Statesville can win this game if they play up to their level. South Iredell HC Scott Miller with his killer instinct on the field will get South Iredell ready to play. The Statesville football team needs to get excited about this game. 

• Like 1

I have seen both these teams play Lake Norman but SHS had there running back.  I would have said SHS by a bunch but now it may be closer than earlier believed.  If South loses they will struggle to get out of first round playoff game.

Just remember alot of people thought Davie County was going to run all over South Iredell and they löst 31-28. And last year same story vs SW Guilford in the 1st RD of the State Play-offs. South Iredell 33-21 SW Guilford. South Iredell can be a tough place to play, but i still believe Statesville can win, if they play at their level. 

6 hours ago, Mr.Blue&Gray said:

Just remember alot of people thought Davie County was going to run all over South Iredell and they löst 31-28. And last year same story vs SW Guilford in the 1st RD of the State Play-offs. South Iredell 33-21 SW Guilford. South Iredell can be a tough place to play, but i still believe Statesville can win, if they play at their level. 

Mr. Blue & Grey what is the condition of Statesville RB. I think they were keeping him out the last game for safe measures. Just seeing if you know anything new. 

I'm going to change my prediction - i had it 34-28 Statesville but without chavion - im think 28-26 Statesville 

the reason why i lowed it is - Rivalry , lost of the best player and also i think a Lower score game seems more likely to me now bc Chavion was the work horse n it help set up the pass so passing more in SI game could see more turnovers 

Statesville is more than a one man show... I have all the respect in the world for VV... Scott Miller can coach with the best of them and it's a big rivalry... But this Statesville team still have the horses to win this conference and go real deep in the playoffs... THIS SHOW IS NOT OVER...

I think Statesville will be fine. They do have the players to win it all in the conference. I feel like next year Statesville is going to be even better. Next year will be their year as well. 

12 hours ago, BlueDevilsBiggestFan said:

I'm going to change my prediction - i had it 34-28 Statesville but without chavion - im think 28-26 Statesville 

the reason why i lowed it is - Rivalry , lost of the best player and also i think a Lower score game seems more likely to me now bc Chavion was the work horse n it help set up the pass so passing more in SI game could see more turnovers 

Chavion only worth 4 points?  6 points down to 2 points?  You must have some serious insider betting information :) . Statesville should be good every year, they have the most athletes and have plenty of bodies.  There 2's and 3's could be starting at some of the other schools around the county.  That's why SHS is looked at as under achievers every year.  Just my thoughts from the lakeside, also congrats to Lake norman middle school on their undefeated championship season.  

4 hours ago, LNWC said:

Chavion only worth 4 points?  6 points down to 2 points?  You must have some serious insider betting information :) . Statesville should be good every year, they have the most athletes and have plenty of bodies.  There 2's and 3's could be starting at some of the other schools around the county.  That's why SHS is looked at as under achievers every year.  Just my thoughts from the lakeside, also congrats to Lake norman middle school on their undefeated championship season.  

Reason why I adjusted it - When u lose a WORK horse it can make u change the way u do things and a different game plan(Ex: NWC). I could be totally wrong n Statesville may still hang 42 pts Or More  but When u are coming into a Rivalry game and all that if can be interesting to see what happens and SI is better than there record imo bc they played some quality opponents so Regardless if i still had it 34-28 or 28-26 its still going to be a CLOSE game to me 

South is better than their record for sure.  Statesville will be fine at tailback, sad to hear about the injury.  It should be a close game, Statesville wins by a touchdown or less.

South Iredell killed themselves tonight as they had way too many penalties that kill their drives, also They did well for first half but at mid 3rd qtr a BIG int and a Big 3rd down n 19 conversation for a TD killed SI hopes to come back and Also South Iredell had a Player EJECTED for Personal Foul . 

Statesville had a great game plan , good run game and also they had penalties but no big flag tho tonight which is good! Congrats on a GREAT TEAM WIN! 

• Like 1

Here is my observation. 1st let me say I had Statesville predicted to win by a good 3 scores if they played well. That was before I discovered that their main RB was out the rest of the season. Had he been in the game it would had gotten really ugly for South. 1st half South played well and I felt like they left 10 points on the field. But that wouldn’t matter. Statesville came out 2nd  half and looked like a different team. South had no answer in stopping  Statesville offense. My predictions is I feel Statesville will go 11-0. Next year with the bulk of Statesville good players coming back next year along with the main RB and hopefully he will recover well, Statesville is going to be one nasty team to deal with. They are some big boys. I feel like they could be a team to watch in the playoffs for next year. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Vik-Val 86 said:

Here is my observation. 1st let me say I had Statesville predicted to win by a good 3 scores if they played well. That was before I discovered that their main RB was out the rest of the season. Had he been in the game it would had gotten really ugly for South. 1st half South played well and I felt like they left 10 points on the field. But that wouldn’t matter. Statesville came out 2nd  half and looked like a different team. South had no answer in stopping  Statesville offense. My predictions is I feel Statesville will go 11-0. Next year with the bulk of Statesville good players coming back next year along with the main RB and hopefully he will recover well, Statesville is going to be one nasty team to deal with. They are some big boys. I feel like they could be a team to watch in the playoffs for next year. 

Vik, how far do you see the Greyhounds going this year ??? They do have time to grow some more...

Just now, Grey/Green&Gold said:

Vik, how far do you see the Greyhounds going this year ??? They do have time to grow some more...

3rd, 4th rounds 3A/3AA will be loaded - Weddington , Catholic, Kings Mtn , NWC will all be seen so Statesville will see one of them n idk if they will beat any of them bc Kings Mtn loaded, Weddington whooped Catholic, Catholic still good period and NWC is just as solid but if i had pick one statesville could win over it would be NWC but who knows 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BlueDevilsBiggestFan said:

3rd, 4th rounds 3A/3AA will be loaded - Weddington , Catholic, Kings Mtn , NWC will all be seen so Statesville will see one of them n idk if they will beat any of them bc Kings Mtn loaded, Weddington whooped Catholic, Catholic still good period and NWC is just as solid but if i had pick one statesville could win over it would be NWC but who knows 

Thanks Blue...

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Grey/Green&Gold said:

Here is where it gets interesting. Statesville I think goes 11-0. Now what kind of seed they get in playoffs. . I think a good 3 rds is reasonable. It all depends on the draw they get plus will they be 3A or 3AA. I personally think Statesville is adjusting because lost of the RB  but I think they get better as the season goes. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Vik-Val 86 said:

Here is where it gets interesting. Statesville I think goes 11-0. Now how will they be seated. I think a good 3 rds is reasonable. It all depends on the draw they get plus will they be 3A or 3AA. I personally think Statesville is adjusting because lost of the RB  but I think they get better as the season goes. 

Wow!!!

I seen where West Rowan won  over East Rowan 31-7. Next week South Iredell  has West Rowan. South Iredell will need that win but West will be tough at home. Should West win I think this sets up for a showdown with Statesville. Next week I believe we will learn a lot with the game between West Rowan and South Iredell.