Sign in to follow this  
GDG

2A: Burns is Top Dog

Rate this topic

33 minutes ago, Chopper747 said:

Who are you referring to as we? Your name makes me think of Lincolnton. I never mentioned Lincolnton playing Shelby at all.  I posted that Tarboro barely beat Lincolnton(another 704 team) in the title game and that was their only win agianst a team from that area. 

I edited and put the name in parentheses. I think you misread and thought I was talking about Lincolnton.

You only had ONE win out of THREE.  You claimed to 'whoop ass' in during your title appearances.

Yes I am a Lincolnton poster. The way I read it I took it as you suggesting we got beat by Shelby that season in 2011.

• Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, Chopper747 said:

I don't know what trump card you are talking about. I'm waiting on him to respond but I think MIGHT be a Lincolnton poster, so I sit correct. 

No problem, let me clear it up for you. If I'm not mistaken Linconton made a deep run in the 2017 playoffs only to lose 47-14 to South Columbus. Then South Columbus gets spanked 28-0  by Reidsville which in turn lost to WRH only 2 years ago. So to your point, We can do this all day pulling whatever example you want. 704 was no where to be found then? So once again, there is no superiority with 704 in 2A period! See how that works? Circle of life, lion king, all that jazz!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, bud33345 said:

No problem, let me clear it up for you. If I'm not mistaken Linconton made a deep run in the 2017 playoffs only to lose 47-14 to South Columbus. Then South Columbus gets spanked 28-0  by Reidsville which in turn lost to WRH only 2 years ago. So to your point, We can do this all day pulling whatever example you want. 704 was no where to be found then? So once again, there is no superiority with 704 in 2A period! See how that works? Circle of life, lion king, all that jazz!

Do you need a map to find South Columbus? I can provide a link Google maps if you like? I'll give you a hint 910... Lol

19 hours ago, Chopper747 said:

No I've seen  you all play and I've seen these teams play.  You have a good team but as I said on the other board 704 football is another level of football regardless of classification.  Put your team in that area and you have ZERO titles and ZERO regional appearances. NONE.  Put any one of those teams(Shelby, Burns, Hibdriten, South Point) in your area and they get to the ship EVERY year 98% of the time.  

WRH still wins 2017. Where was that "another level" then?The big, bad, 704 was no where to be FOUND! 704 got spanked by a 910!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, burnstweeter said:

It’s a huge win because this game was probably for second place in the conference. But you never know, it’s why you play the game.

We rush the field after every win, we say the Lord’s Prayer after every game.

Even the students? 

Can't just be thankful for a win and praise God. Keep that same energy for an L too.

3 hours ago, Chopper747 said:

Who are you referring to as we? Your name makes me think of Lincolnton. I never mentioned Lincolnton playing Shelby at all.  I posted that Tarboro barely beat Lincolnton(another 704 team) in the title game and that was their only win agianst a team from that area. 

I edited and put the name in parentheses. I think you misread and thought I was talking about Lincolnton.

You only had ONE win out of THREE.  You claimed to 'whoop ass' in during your title appearances.

So out of that 5 year run 704 only made it 3 and lost one of those which gives them only 2 wins out of that 5 year span!!!! Lmao!!! Yeah man .....we will take that errrday! Lol.

• Like 1

On 9/30/2019 at 10:33 AM, bud33345 said:

So? Where was 704 football when Tarboro was smacking that ass not too long ago in 2A? I tell you where... besides Shelby,sitting at home sucking their thumbs with the rest of the west for 3 straight years. The west whines about charter schools yet it was best thing to happen to the west in 2A. If Tarboro was 2A yall would whine just like the west does in 1A about Tarboro now. But dont worry about the Reidsville loss, Tarboro will take care of the light work that is East Surry. Only difference is Tarboro will only win by 5 TD's instead of 7. Lol

I bet you it won't be a blowout.

On 9/30/2019 at 3:12 PM, Cagle89 said:

Even the students? 

Can't just be thankful for a win and praise God. Keep that same energy for an L too.

Even the students. We say the Lord’s Prayer when we lose as well.

Bud33345 reminds me of somebody I work with.  After you walk away, back turned about 100 feet away, theyr'e still talking as if you're standing in front of them facing them.

• Haha 2

LOL. I started this thread to increase the sales of popcorn. No Burns is a #3 until a possible Shelby conference win. Even if they beat Shelby I am not sure they could do it twice. 

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Grey/Green&Gold said:

I like the boys from Lenoir... People think they're down, hahahahaha... Playoff time, they will be Hibriten Strong...

I would have thought the same until I saw them play twice. One against Ashe Co. and Ashe was moving at will with them and then I went last week and watched them against a bad bad West Caldwell team and for one half that bad West team stayed with them. the Lenoir team is no where near as good as a North Lincoln , Oak Grove or I would say West Lincoln. Guess we see come Playoff.   Go Statesville !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

15 hours ago, Grey/Green&Gold said:

I like the boys from Lenoir... People think they're down, hahahahaha... Playoff time, they will be Hibriten Strong...

No. Let SP travel on up there. 

9 hours ago, Mark Ryans said:

I would have thought the same until I saw them play twice. One against Ashe Co. and Ashe was moving at will with them and then I went last week and watched them against a bad bad West Caldwell team and for one half that bad West team stayed with them. the Lenoir team is no where near as good as a North Lincoln , Oak Grove or I would say West Lincoln. Guess we see come Playoff.   Go Statesville !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We're not gonna rush the time... We'll let the smoke clear it's self out... Go Greyhounds!!!

29 minutes ago, Grey/Green&Gold said:

Hahahahahahahaha...

Maybe this time less than five fumbles, mostly strips in the first half. I know you don’t want to sit in those little visitor bleachers.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, HIBRITEN92 said:

LOL  IT was cold real cold in dec 2016 when they spanked our butts in lenoir.. We know exactly who they are... Its all in good fun!!

Yes it was cold. I was there in a duck hunting gortex pant and four inch thick coat. I was still not loving it. 

South point dang sure wasnt cold that night...  We got those chicken heads back last year though!! Its always fun having them up to lenoir,, i caught about half of them sitting on the home side last year!!  Some might even had been pulling for hibriten by the end of the game!!