Sign in to follow this  
GDG

2A: Burns is Top Dog

Rate this topic

Well Burns High are the Bulldogs. And yes I think they are number #1.

Clinton loses to a 3A

Wallace Rose Hill loses a 4AA

Northeastern loses to a 1A

Reidsville loses to a 1A

Shelby beats a nobody

Burns has had a tough schedule. Proven they belong in upper bracket. Lawndale, NC is buzzing with excitement. 

Edited by GDG
Spelling

1 hour ago, redraiderhood said:

After what I saw last night burns has nothing for the golden lions. 

Didn’t Burns beat the state champions last year? Yes.

I haven’t begun breaking down the 2A yet, but I feel Shelby will most likely return back to #1. Burns could move up to #2. 

• Like 1

Chris, Chris, Chris. So Burns beating a team everyone considered a huge underdog in the final 16 seconds of the game Friday night can move  up to #2. As I saw someone else say on another thread, " I don't think Shelby will have a problem with Burns."  I hope I'm wrong. Everybody but Shelby fans are ready to see a new top dog.

I know it was against us, but what I saw last night is that Shelby is really good. Speed everywhere (offense and defense) and that QB can spin it. They looked like a really good 4A Team. Kings Mtn must be something else.

• Like 1

Yeah, I get the losing to 1A schools, but Northeastern lost to a old 2A rival that played Northeastern tough last year. Heck Edenton could most likely beat 10 out of the top 15 with ease. I still dont see how WRH did anything to drop in the rankings? Much less rank freaking Burns??ahead of them this week?? after WRH had Wake Forest on the ropes for over 3 quarters. Who else in 2A can hang with the 3 time reigning top dawg of all NC High school football? Good thing there is playoffs instead of rankings to decide undisputed champions!

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Chris Hughes said:

I haven’t begun breaking down the 2A yet, but I feel Shelby will most likely return back to #1. Burns could move up to #2. 

I saw Hibriten beat Hickory, left that game pretty impressed... Do we rule them out???

• Like 1

9 hours ago, redraiderhood said:

After what I saw last night burns has nothing for the golden lions. 

Same...take away #8 Burns would have been in deep trouble. 

Shelby should beat Burns by 21 or more. 

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, bud33345 said:

Yeah, I get the losing to 1A schools, but Northeastern lost to a old 2A rival that played Northeastern tough last year. Heck Edenton could most likely beat 10 out of the top 15 with ease. I still dont see how WRH did anything to drop in the rankings? Much less rank freaking Burns??ahead of them this week?? after WRH had Wake Forest on the ropes for over 3 quarters. Who else in 2A can hang with the 3 time reigning top dawg of all NC High school football? Good thing there is playoffs instead of rankings to decide undisputed champions!

Burns > WRH   

We're sitting at 2-4, we being South Point, and people are acting like it's a huge win to beat us. Maybe in years past it was, but not this year. I see Shelby beating Burns this year. 8 from Burns goes down and that team is in serious trouble, oh by the way we didn't have our starting fullback for 3 qtrs he hurt his shoulder. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, dogs79 said:

Jealousy > Hating? Prbly both chipper

No I've seen  you all play and I've seen these teams play.  You have a good team but as I said on the other board 704 football is another level of football regardless of classification.  Put your team in that area and you have ZERO titles and ZERO regional appearances. NONE.  Put any one of those teams(Shelby, Burns, Hibdriten, South Point) in your area and they get to the ship EVERY year 98% of the time.  

31 minutes ago, Chopper747 said:

No I've seen  you all play and I've seen these teams play.  You have a good team but as I said on the other board 704 football is another level of football regardless of classification.  Put your team in that area and you have ZERO titles and ZERO regional appearances. NONE.  Put any one of those teams(Shelby, Burns, Hibdriten, South Point) in your area and they get to the ship EVERY year 98% of the time.  

WRH just plays toughest schedule possible.  Your if's dont matter. You just jealous cause WRH getting alot attention.  There isn't anyone in 2a that the bulldogs can't beat. 

19 hours ago, Cagle89 said:

Same...take away #8 Burns would have been in deep trouble. 

Shelby should beat Burns by 21 or more. 

Our kicker isn’t too bad either, and also  #44 Dorian Starnes made a touchdown and game-saving tackle early in the third quarter that no one talks about

1 hour ago, dogs79 said:

WRH just plays toughest schedule possible.  Your if's dont matter. You just jealous cause WRH getting alot attention.  There isn't anyone in 2a EAST that the bulldogs can't beat. 

I agree

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Chopper747 said:

I agree

Dogs got a good record against West competition. Your senerios are so hypothetical. WRH's record are facts. 

1 hour ago, dogs79 said:

Dogs got a good record against West competition. Your senerios are so hypothetical. WRH's record are facts. 

Against who since 2000 in 2A?  You beat Reidsville once.  Who else have you beaten?  Iv'e seen them play. Alot of you send the same teams and they usually lose. Last year you lost to SWO and didn'tn even make the eastern regionals.  This is not 1A. Your days of multiple titles have passed, unless you go back to 1A..

10 minutes ago, Chopper747 said:

Against who since 2000 in 2A?  You beat Reidsville once.  Who else have you beaten?  Iv'e seen them play. Alot of you send the same teams and they usually lose. Last year you lost to SWO and didn'tn even make the eastern regionals.  This is not 1A. Your days of multiple titles have passed, unless you go back to 1A..

Quit hatin! Who your team this week ? How you a fan of High School Football when you hatin on anyone you jealous of.

2 hours ago, burnstweeter said:

Our kicker isn’t too bad either, and also  #44 Dorian Starnes made a touchdown and game-saving tackle early in the third quarter that no one talks about

He was ok. He missed an Extra Point. 

Good Luck with Shelby.

15 hours ago, Stick82 said:

We're sitting at 2-4, we being South Point, and people are acting like it's a huge win to beat us. Maybe in years past it was, but not this year. I see Shelby beating Burns this year. 8 from Burns goes down and that team is in serious trouble, oh by the way we didn't have our starting fullback for 3 qtrs he hurt his shoulder. 

They rushed the field and started pointing at the scoreboard lol. 

Any time you beat a team that usually kicks your butt, you get excited.  I'm sure last year when they beat Shelby they went crazy as well. 

To the winner goes the spoils. They whop us. They won. They caught SP on a down year, and escaped in the final 16 seconds. As I said earlier, I don't think they have anything for Shelby this year.

9 hours ago, Cagle89 said:

They rushed the field and started pointing at the scoreboard lol. 

On 9/29/2019 at 7:20 AM, Stick82 said:

It’s a huge win because this game was probably for second place in the conference. But you never know, it’s why you play the game.

We rush the field after every win, we say the Lord’s Prayer after every game.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Chopper747 said:

So? Where was 704 football when Tarboro was smacking that ass not too long ago in 2A? I tell you where... besides Shelby,sitting at home sucking their thumbs with the rest of the west for 3 straight years. The west whines about charter schools yet it was best thing to happen to the west in 2A. If Tarboro was 2A yall would whine just like the west does in 1A about Tarboro now. But dont worry about the Reidsville loss, Tarboro will take care of the light work that is East Surry. Only difference is Tarboro will only win by 5 TD's instead of 7. Lol

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, bud33345 said:

So? Where was 704 football when Tarboro was smacking that ass not too long ago in 2A? I tell you where... besides Shelby,sitting at home sucking their thumbs. The west shines about charter schools yet it was best thing to happen to the west in 2A. If Tarboro was 2A yall would whine just like the west does in 1A Tarboro now. But dont worry about the Reidsville loss, Tarboro will take care of the light work that is East Surry. Only difference is Tarboro will only win by 5 TD's instead of 7. Lol

During the Tarboro five year run in the small 2A title games they won three by a total of 36 (3, 8, and 25).  They lost two by 27 (4 and 23).  They gave out one ass smacking and received one while the other three games were tight.  2011 Tarboro lost in the regular season to Kinston which lost in the 2AA final.  2010 they were undefeated but a lot of close calls.  2009 some tight games and a loss to SWE which lost in the playoffs to eventual 2AA champ Reidsville.  Tarboro would have been in it to win it in 2AA but the games show it definitely would not have been a guarantee just as 2A was not

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, btango said:

During the Tarboro five year run in the small 2A title games they won three by a total of 36 (3, 8, and 25).  They lost two by 27 (4 and 23).  They gave out one ass smacking and received one while the other three games were tight.  2011 Tarboro lost in the regular season to Kinston which lost in the 2AA final.  2010 they were undefeated but a lot of close calls.  2009 some tight games and a loss to SWE which lost in the playoffs to eventual 2AA champ Reidsville.  Tarboro would have been in it to win it in 2AA but the games show it definitely would not have been a guarantee just as 2A was not

I agree btango, but the narrative being expressed that 704 football is somehow inferior in 2A is not a guarantee. I will go so far as to say it's just plain false. WF proves that in 4A about 704 football. I will add that WRH having over 500 yards rushing over a pretty stout WF defense (albeit without the hog mollies of years past) shows it can still easily be dominate in 2A.

2 hours ago, bud33345 said:

So? Where was 704 football when Tarboro was smacking that ass not too long ago in 2A? I tell you where... besides Shelby,sitting at home sucking their thumbs with the rest of the west for 3 straight years. The west whines about charter schools yet it was best thing to happen to the west in 2A. If Tarboro was 2A yall would whine just like the west does in 1A about Tarboro now. But dont worry about the Reidsville loss, Tarboro will take care of the light work that is East Surry. Only difference is Tarboro will only win by 5 TD's instead of 7. Lol

As for 704, Tarboro barely survived Lincolnton by 3 points, and then they(Tarboro) were demolished by Shelby, giving up 34 points to them.  East Lincoln beat Tarboro 24-20.

So you're record is 1-2 against the 704 area and you barely got the one win.

The Carver(Triad team) game was also close.  You only won big against Mtn Heritage(a mountain team). Everybody east of the mountains often gets wins or a substantial spread against them.

12 minutes ago, bud33345 said:

I agree btango, but the narrative being expressed that 704 football is somehow inferior in 2A is not a guarantee. I will go so far as to say it's just plain false. WF proves that in 4A about 704 football. I will add that WRH having over 500 yards rushing over a pretty stout WF defense (albeit without the hog mollies of years past) shows it can still easily be dominate in 2A.

How is 704 inferior when they bulk of titles the past 25 years in ALL classes.  Must be a typo.

2 minutes ago, Warriorfan said:

Anyone know about this oak grove team near Winston Salem.  They mowing though people ? They 2A to right . 

I've had my eye on Oak Grove ever since the end of last year. Some that are in the know are not surprise with the early success. Most thought their conference would be down this year, that will sort itself out. It's a wait and see in the playoffs for me at this point.

23 minutes ago, Chopper747 said:

As for 704, Tarboro barely survived Lincolnton by 3 points, and then they were demolished by Shelby, giving up 34 points to them.  East Lincoln beat Tarboro 24-20.

The Carver(Triad team) game was also close.  You only won big against Mtn Heritage(a mountain team). Everybody east of the mountains often gets wins or a substantial spread against them.

Lol, So now you are reduced to taking 3 and 4 point losses multiple years as "moral victories" for the biggest population and talent pool in the state huh? Lol. You still take those L's buddy even when 704 doesnt make the show...even from the lil ole east. Lmao

20 minutes ago, Chopper747 said:

As for 704, Tarboro barely survived Lincolnton by 3 points, and then they were demolished by Shelby, giving up 34 points to them.  East Lincoln beat Tarboro 24-20.

Not sure where you are getting your information but we beat Shelby in 2011 42-14 and 21-0 in 2010. The only game that 2011 team lost in the regular season was against South Point. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Wolf4Lyfe said:

Not sure where you are getting your information but we beat Shelby in 2011 42-14 and 21-0 in 2010. The only game that 2011 team lost in the regular season was against South Point. 

Was hoping no one would mention that. That was my trump card! Lol

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Wolf4Lyfe said:

Who are you referring to as we? Your name makes me think of Lincolnton. I never mentioned Lincolnton playing Shelby at all.  I posted that Tarboro barely beat Lincolnton(another 704 team) in the title game and that was their only win agianst a team from that area. 

I edited and put the name in parentheses. I think you misread and thought I was talking about Lincolnton.

53 minutes ago, bud33345 said:

Lol, So now you are reduced to taking 3 and 4 point losses multiple years as "moral victories" for the biggest population and talent pool in the state huh? Lol. You still take those L's buddy even when 704 doesnt make the show...even from the lil ole east. Lmao

You only had ONE win out of THREE.  You claimed to 'whoop ass' in during your title appearances.

29 minutes ago, bud33345 said:

Was hoping no one would mention that. That was my trump card! Lol

I don't know what trump card you are talking about. I'm waiting on him to respond but I think MIGHT be a Lincolnton poster, so I sit correct. 

3 hours ago, Chopper747 said:

Who are you referring to as we? Your name makes me think of Lincolnton. I never mentioned Lincolnton playing Shelby at all.  I posted that Tarboro barely beat Lincolnton(another 704 team) in the title game and that was their only win agianst a team from that area. 

I edited and put the name in parentheses. I think you misread and thought I was talking about Lincolnton.

You only had ONE win out of THREE.  You claimed to 'whoop ass' in during your title appearances.

Yet they made it and won THREE in a row! That's whoopin dat ass!!! no matter what bs you want to try spew. Outside of Shelby yall have nothing! I'll say again best thing that ever happened to west 2A was Tarboro going 1A.

• Like 1