Sign in to follow this  
Chris Hughes

83rd Shrine Bowl of the Carolinas rosters have been selected

Rate this topic

14 hours ago, BR549 said:

Wow, only 2 from the western part of the state on the roster this year.

I count around 7 plus

East Surry

Ragsdale

West Forsyth

West Rowan ?

East Forsyth

Charlotte Catholic

Page

A C Reynolds

West Forsyth

10 hours ago, btango said:

Northwestern, his pre ious school, turned into a dumpster fire.

I haven’t seen skills like that in a long time. Even QBs who have set records in NC did not make those type of throws in tight spots. I realize it’s only a highlight but if he doesn’t get a better option at a well known school then someone has dropped the ball on promoting the young man. I’m not just talking coaches.

A cool fact to me is that Ahmani Marshall is on this roster and his dad Malcom (also from East Forsyth) was on the ‘89 roster.

It may have happened before (maybe a handful of times) and I’m sure one of y’all can say who. I wouldn’t know.

5 hours ago, GDG said:

I haven’t seen skills like that in a long time. Even QBs who have set records in NC did not make those type of throws in tight spots. I realize it’s only a highlight but if he doesn’t get a better option at a well known school then someone has dropped the ball on promoting the young man. I’m not just talking coaches.

Naturally as you said it’s a highlight but I have seen him all summer and first four games and he has made total in 7 on 7’s and actual games a mistake on a read or throw probably 5 times. Actually saw him make a throw at Gaffney that was 3-4 yards off and he went directly to the WR to coach him up in what he read and the WR agreed. I didn’t really dig into the Air Raid offense until Hellams arrived. The QB and his skill guys read the defense together as the play progresses.  As each game passes you can see the chemistry growing and Noller is like a Coach on the field with this offense. The bottom line Noller can play QB at a Power 5 level.....oh and he is a heck of a baseball player as well. 

29 minutes ago, J-Heat1110 said:

Creekprogram agree wholeheartedly. Dont think folks realize how good this MC team is with the MP hype going full force. 

10 players minimum could have been selected for the team.

1 hour ago, work7 said:

Looking at SC’s roster. I see an L in NC’s future. 

Hope not.  May be.  I have thought that a couple of times fir each team.  Twice I thought it was decisive and twice I was wrong.  A lot of what happens during the week seems to determine some things.

9 minutes ago, btango said:

Hope not.  May be.  I have thought that a couple of times fir each team.  Twice I thought it was decisive and twice I was wrong.  A lot of what happens during the week seems to determine some things.

That Olenchuk & Hyatt duo is 2 TD’s for SC. almost automatic....lol

44 minutes ago, work7 said:

That Olenchuk & Hyatt duo is 2 TD’s for SC. almost automatic....lol

I agree but Olenchuk is not playing.  Not sure if he was interested.  He has made it known he is going to be soleyly focused on baseball as soon as the DF season is over.  DF DL Irby was selected with Hyatt.

Another QB that definitely deserved heavy consideration is Shelby QB, Isaiah Best.  He is 6'4" with great arm and athletic.  State champion last year.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Wrigley said:

Kendall, Howell...when we have an elite QB we win

I think having a QB that can read the D at the line, get rid of the ball quick, and really spin it is a huge weapon in this game.  Offensive lines usually struggle.  That type of QB takes a lot of the pressure off of them.

16 minutes ago, btango said:

Another QB that definitely deserved heavy consideration is Shelby QB, Isaiah Best.  He is 6'4" with great arm and athletic.  State champion last year.

He deserves consideration. The time in protection is helping him look good. Their offensive line has come together after last season’s first five games. I can’t image anyone in NC making throws like the Mallard Creek kid.

Just out of curiosity who many players from Mallard Creek went to a combine?

I'm not one to bash I kid so I will just say this. Someone needs to go back and really reevaluate their QB analysis. 

11 minutes ago, Wrigley said:

I'm not one to bash I kid so I will just say this. Someone needs to go back and really reevaluate their QB analysis. 

Yep! They pulled names out of a Hat.