Rate this topic

https://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/high-school/article234944902.html

Nothing against the school but I just find it odd that Knightdale received a top 10 Vote and they haven’t played a quality team yet with a winning record. Knightdales opponents combined record this season is 1-8. And I’m sure there are a few other teams u guys may notice out of place or not present at all on this list of top 10s 

5 minutes ago, Wrigley said:

The AP voters are delusional. 

Just uneducated in regards to ranking teams. They’re all good people/writers, but they’re so focused on their coverage areas that they can’t possibly dedicate the time I do to studying teams. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Chris Hughes said:

Just uneducated in regards to ranking teams. They’re all good people/writers, but they’re so focused on their coverage areas that they can’t possibly dedicate the time I do to studying teams. 

Spot on Chris I guess I should blame their mind and not their heart...I just wished bias writers/journalist would specify their own area instead of trying to cover areas they clearly know nothing about. 

11 minutes ago, Chris Hughes said:

If they are uninformed then they have no business voting.

The easiest way to fix it is to publish every vote. I fully disclaim to everyone that it’s me who publishes the CP Rankings, meaning that I have to “own my ranklings”, because any hint of bias totally ruins credibility. 

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, Chris Hughes said:

The easiest way to fix it is to publish every vote. I fully disclaim to everyone that it’s me who publishes the CP Rankings, meaning that I have to “own my ranklings”, because any hint of bias totally ruins credibility. 

I dont think its bias. I think it is exactly what you said it was. There not gonna spend 10 hours breaking down film so they vote who they know. One team has several NFL kids on it.....so they pick that one.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Wrigley said:

I dont think its bias. I think it is exactly what you said it was. There not gonna spend 10 hours breaking down film so they vote who they know. One team has several NFL kids on it.....so they pick that one.

It’s so disingenuous....do the damn research it’s your job. Most of not all of us have full time jobs in other disciplines and we do the research. 

• Thanks 1

In the end it matters little. Gonna get a chance to see Vance and MC hook up in two weeks.....should be a classic.  If I was a betting man I would say it is probably gonna be round 1.

Myers Park will easily run the table so we will see what happens in Nov.

I think you have 3 and possibly 4 dynamite teams in the West 4aa.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Wrigley said:

In the end it matters little. Gonna get a chance to see Vance and MC hook up in two weeks.....should be a classic.  If I was a betting man I would say it is probably gonna be round 1.

Myers Park will easily run the table so we will see what happens in Nov.

I think you have 3 and possibly 4 dynamite teams in the West 4aa.

You’re right but right is still right. 

11 hours ago, WiseOne88 said:

https://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/high-school/article234944902.html

Nothing against the school but I just find it odd that Knightdale received a top 10 Vote and they haven’t played a quality team yet with a winning record. Knightdales opponents combined record this season is 1-8. And I’m sure there are a few other teams u guys may notice out of place or not present at all on this list of top 10s 

Just like how they Have MP placed above Creek in the NC State Rankings?

1 hour ago, ramheadbut said:

Rankings only matter at the end of the year 

And in that case the state champions are usually 1 and 2 and runner ups are 3 and 4...it’s kind of a no brainer to do rankings at the end of the year the works been done for you already technically 

My Top 11 4A...LETS DEBATE! 😬

Kinda up in they air after 5th spot!

Mallard Creek

Vance

Richmond County

Myers Park

East Forsyth 

Scotland County

West Forsyth

Grimsley

Cardinal Gibbons

Reagan