Sign in to follow this  
Warriorfan

Best 2 2A teams in Western North Carolina

Rate this topic

Shelby is a really good team regardless of classification.  They play hard and are well coached. 

On a side note:  I really like their fans too.  I'm an ACR guy and I have yet to run across any fans from Cleveland county schools that were anything but cordial to me and my family on our trips there over the years at the jamboree, regular or post season games.  Fans are going to be fans and talk a little smack on here but in person at the games, they are very gracious in my experiences.  

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Warriorfan said:

Well my vote is for Shelby and then North Lincoln. Don't see any other 2A team that could complete with those two. 

Honestly, I don't think Shelby and North Lincoln should even be compared in the same sentence. I've not seen Shelby this year, but I did see NL scrimmage (didn't see anything extra special).

I think Shelby is the clear cut number 1. After that idk. Mtn Heritage deserves to be mentioned. And I can’t help but think that South Point and Hibriten will be there in the end too. The other schools mentioned also have a case to be made. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, gg4bama said:

Shelby is a really good team regardless of classification.  They play hard and are well coached. 

On a side note:  I really like their fans too.  I'm an ACR guy and I have yet to run across any fans from Cleveland county schools that were anything but cordial to me and my family on our trips there over the years at the jamboree, regular or post season games.  Fans are going to be fans and talk a little smack on here but in person at the games, they are very gracious in my experiences.  

I second that gg4bama, Cleveland County has some great football fans. Always enjoy my trips there also, even when we take our lumps! ;)

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Reynoldsrocks23 said:

To me, it's Shelby and everyone else is playing for second. 

Depends on if you include Reidsville. Even though they are a northern piedmont team they are almost always placed in the west bracket come playoff time. I would love to see a Reidsville v Shelby matchup if they were both 2AA. I think Shelby may have the slight advantage this year but it would be a heck of a matchup. 

2 minutes ago, titanman27 said:

Depends on if you include Reidsville. Even though they are a northern piedmont team they are almost always placed in the west bracket come playoff time. I would love to see a Reidsville v Shelby matchup if they were both 2AA. I think Shelby may have the slight advantage this year but it would be a heck of a matchup. 

I'll take Shelby no matter what 2A or 2AA team you put on the field or from anywhere in the state. I've seen Shelby personally and up close and they are as good as I've ever seen since we have started playing them 7 years ago. This team is just that good.

• Like 1