Sign in to follow this  
titanman27

Northwestern 4A/3A Week 4 Predictions

Rate this topic

it looks like another 3 team race for the conference title. Watauga may be more vulnerable than years past on defense and Freedom/Alexander Central will look to exploit that. 

Hickory @ Hunter Huss

Hickory has really struggled so far this season, especially up front. Huss might be the best team they have faced thus far and thats not good news for them. The red tornadoes should get off the snide during conference play, but this week will be rough.

Hunter Huss 41

Hickory 7

St. Stephens @ Maiden

Saint Stephens is coming off of a bye week and has a tough game at Maiden. Maiden will look to avenge an earlier loss to fellow conference for South Caldwell. Maiden is the favorite at home and should win fairly comfortably.

Maiden 27

St. Stephens 13

Game of the week

South Caldwell @ Hibriten

This has the potential to be a pretty good game. Hibriten is starting to play better, dominating Hickory and beating Ashe. South Caldwell is coming off of their first loss of the season, but has played pretty well so far. Both teams can put up points and it should be a bit of a shootout. Hibriten should win at home by a few scores.

Hibriten 41

South Caldwell 28

South Iredell @ Alexander Central

AC played well despite losing late last week and should be favored here, South Iredell has struggled some this year and will be looking to pull off the upset. Look for Central to establish the running game and build an early lead.

Alexander Central 35

South Iredell 20

Freedom @ Patton

Another Burke County mismatch. Freedom has been rolling on offense and that should continue this week. Patton will look to play ball control but they do not have the athletes or speed to keep up.

Freedom 47

Patton 7

Wilkes Central @ Watauga

Watauga just didn't have the speed to keep up with a good Reagan team. The defense struggled to contain them. This should be a good litmus test against a pretty solid Wilkes Central team that kept it close versus Alexander Central, Watauga should win but it will be interesting to see how close it could be.

Watauga 34

Wilkes Central 20

Mitchell @ McDowell

The rebuild for McDowell head coach Darell Brewer is going to take time. The titans could not get anything going and turned it over in key situations to lose 3-0 vs Patton. The titans will have a tough time winning again this season. Mitchell is very good. Strong up front, a good WR, and always fundamentally sound. It could get ugly.

Mitchell 42

McDowell 13

Titanman27, I agree about AC winning over South Iredell. South is down and wouldn’t be surprised AC wins by 21. The record between the 2 stands South Iredell has 10 wins over AC and AC has 2 wins over SI.  But AC should be favored this time. 

• Like 1

Hickory 7   Huss  56

Maiden  34  St. Stephens 14

Hibriten  42  S. Caldwell  21

Alex. Central  28  S. Iredell 21

Freedom  49  Patton  6

Watauga  56  W. Central  28

Mitchell  42  McDowell. 0

10 hours ago, BR549 said:

Hickory 7   Huss  56

Maiden  34  St. Stephens 14

Hibriten  42  S. Caldwell  21

Alex. Central  28  S. Iredell 21

Freedom  49  Patton  6

Watauga  56  W. Central  28

Mitchell  42  McDowell. 0

These look pretty close.

Huss  40  Hickory  21:  I wonder at what point Cody Young starts being frustrated

Maiden 30  St Stephens  20:  Maiden would have to turn it over a bunch to lose

Hibriten 28  S Caldwell  8:  Hibriten won't lose again till postseason

Alexander Central  31  South Iredell  21:  Both teams need this one bad.  Cougars still a little chapped after melting in the fourth quarter against Statesville

Freedom  50  Patton  21:  Patton just don't have enough

Watauga 50  Wilkes Central 17:  Watauga will just wear them down

Mitchell County  40  McDowell  13:   Titans having problems scoring 

I was talking with a friend earlier, that was at the South Iredell n Lake Norman game last week,  and he was telling me that South main RB had been injured and was in the sideline. Look like maybe his knee. But they had to switch players around. If the RB doesn’t return there is a good chance South has a long night. 

5 hours ago, Schmo said:

Huss  40  Hickory  21:  I wonder at what point Cody Young starts being frustrated

Alexander Central  31  South Caldwell  21:  Both teams need this one bad.  Cougars still a little chapped after melting in the fourth quarter against Statesville

Btw It’s South Iredell y’all are playing

13 hours ago, Schmo said:

Alexander Central  31  South Iredell  21:  Both teams need this one bad.  Cougars still a little chapped after melting in the fourth quarter against Statesville

I agree with all of these predictions. 

2 more losses and Hickory Basketball season will crank up. I have seen it with my own eyes for the last 7 years. The only reason Cody young will hang on is a full ride from Chapel Hill hangs in the balance. Everybody else will flee the ship! 

I figure Maiden will win by 10+ tonight against my Indians, we just don't have the size or speed we need.

Watauga

Freedom

Hibriten

Huss

Mitchell

South Iredell- being from that area and talking to old friends, watch out for them, they are getting better each week- ACs defense is suspect as usual under Carter coached teams.

Alexander Central,  for the first time in 2019 played a solid complete game.  Even the win over Hibriten was not without some issues including turnovers.  South got off to a bad start but this game was won at the line of scrimmage.  Cougars dominated with their offensive line opening big lanes to run through.  Team  was very unhappy after the 4th quarter meltdown against Statesville and played very well.  Lots of tough games ahead including Olympic next week. 

Statesville and Alexander got a lot from that football game a couple of weeks ago... That game will benefit both teams... Nothing to be ashamed of, it could have easily gone the other way... Alexander is in a very good spot right now... Win next Friday, and you guys will take all the momentum into your conference...