Sign in to follow this  
GDG

Shelby vs Crest

Rate this topic

Rival game. Some of the best football you can see. Been to a bunch. Everybody knows everybody and has family on the opposite team. Even 98Champion married a Crest girl. Maybe 98Champ moved out of the county. Nah, he’s a dentist. Too many people with bad teeth in Cleveland County. He picked a gold mine profession.

If you have been under a rock or a bridge without interwebs maybe you don’t know of the the last 5 out of six state titles have been won by Shelby. This ain’t no down year. They are Looooaded. QB is a gunslinger named Bess. Should be called Best. Michelle is a great receiver. They have killed two outstanding 3A programs so far by a mile and had last week off.

Two studs at linebacker in Jack Hollifield and Stites. D line is very good. Best of all their offensive line is clicking well early unlike last year. That offensive line has matured and Bess is getting twice the time most kids get.

enough about the Golden Kitty Kats. Crest has some studs of their own. QB is a big kid who has skills. Other than the screen they don’t use his arm much. Couple good backs as usual. Defense is fast and talented on the back end. Cons: Got 4 plays. Don’t use their athletes. Very predicable. Word in the county is they hope they use this philosophy for twenty more years.

Take it away @smashmouth5

Not much of a game to get excited about. Power ponies will be humiliated. Most likely the power ponies will continue to be humiliated by a lot of teams until some changes are made. Any way, best of luck to both teams I guess. One of which is going to really need it lmao!

2 minutes ago, smashmouth5 said:

What am I taking away? 

It’s a saying. Like give us the Crest take on the game.

Could be a long night. Gotta find a way to make Bess uncomfortable. If he has time to stand in the pocket then Mitchell and Daley will get some big plays. Need some long drives for the Crest offense to keep Shelby offense on the sidelines. Wish Graham was healthy so Crest could use Ruff in some different places. He's been at RB a good bit to fill in for Graham. Hopefully he's back soon but I bet it won't be this week as he tries to come back from a finger injury. Of course this is Crest/Shelby and I've seen so many crazy things happen in this game.

1 minute ago, smashmouth5 said:

Could be a long night. Gotta find a way to make Bess uncomfortable. If he has time to stand in the pocket then Mitchell and Daley will get some big plays. Need some long drives for the Crest offense to keep Shelby offense on the sidelines. Wish Graham was healthy so Crest could use Ruff in some different places. He's been at RB a good bit to fill in for Graham. Hopefully he's back soon but I bet it won't be this week as he tries to come back from a finger injury. Of course this is Crest/Shelby and I've seen so many crazy things happen in this game.

I agree on the craziness in the games. There have been times when Crest was an overwhelming favorite and the game went to the end. Same with Shelby. These two schools seen to get super human abilities when they meet on the gridiron. I just don’t think Crest gets blown out. I think Shelby wins by less than 10. Hickory vs Newton-Conover may be the longest rivalry but this one is the best in 25 years east of Pisgah and Tuscola. 

• Like 1

We at Shelby know Crest will come in with it power pack running and try to play keep away and use clock.   So we know we gotta score everytime we touch ball.I went to Burns vs Crest game. I watched some things wondering how both those schools will match up with Shelby.

1st. Shelbys edge rush is outstanding..ive not seen anybody stop Malachi Hamrick off edge seen alot of holding...I noticed Fuller for Crest on heavy rush makes mistakes. Crest also has had trouble with turnovers...knock on wood we havent had any in the 2 games.matter of fact we only punted once in ACR game.  Your right letting Bess sit back in pocket could be deadly. Not just Mitchell and Daley but u got to worry bout Huskey very explosive player.  Bess is looking like a veteran Qb. And your right our line play best ive seen in yrs. Crest is hugh on both sides of ball there D line very good..we gotta stop there pressure. Also there is speed and talent on Crest i expect it to be a dog fight

I know I haven’t seen all of the “crazy” games you guys keep mentioning because I’m not originally from Cleveland County, and yes I know it’s a rivalry and blah blah but you people are either delusional or you’re all just hoping Power ponies finds a way to make a game of it lmao! 

Seriously, It MIGHT be close for the first half, but Shelby SHOULD have the game wrapped up by the third quarter. Mark my words! This will not be one of those “crazy” games. The power ponies can’t find their identity since Barnes left. 

On 9/10/2019 at 7:33 PM, C. Laettner said:

I know I haven’t seen all of the “crazy” games you guys keep mentioning because I’m not originally from Cleveland County, and yes I know it’s a rivalry and blah blah but you people are either delusional or you’re all just hoping Power ponies finds a way to make a game of it lmao! 

Seriously, It MIGHT be close for the first half, but Shelby SHOULD have the game wrapped up by the third quarter. Mark my words! This will not be one of those “crazy” games. The power ponies can’t find their identity since Barnes left. 

Well @C. Laettner you were right. Final was Shelby 51- Crest 21. Last score for Crest was with bench for Shelby in. Two weeks in a row Crest has been beaten by 2A programs. Is Crest on the decline? Couple years ago there was talk on here of them beating every team in the state. Now they can’t even beat any team in Cleveland County.

• Like 1

Congrats to Shelby on the big win.  TO's and penalties vs a team as good as Shelby is a disaster and it turned into a horror movie on Friday the 13th.  Shelby was able to hit that pass over the middle time and time again. As a group, this is the best group of WR's they have had. Shelby is rolling to another state title this. They don't have to play guys both ways and their athletes keep coming at you in droves. The only problem they have is if they beat themselves.  Crest has some things they need to figure out on offense.  They have talent out there, they just need to figure out the ways to use it. It was good to see Jalin Graham back and running hard for the Chargers. Crest played better than they did vs Burns but it was no where near enough.  On to Freedom and hopefully the Chargers can continue to improve.

20 minutes ago, smashmouth5 said:

Congrats to Shelby on the big win.  TO's and penalties vs a team as good as Shelby is a disaster and it turned into a horror movie on Friday the 13th.  Shelby was able to hit that pass over the middle time and time again. As a group, this is the best group of WR's they have had. Shelby is rolling to another state title this. They don't have to play guys both ways and their athletes keep coming at you in droves. The only problem they have is if they beat themselves.  Crest has some things they need to figure out on offense.  They have talent out there, they just need to figure out the ways to use it. It was good to see Jalin Graham back and running hard for the Chargers. Crest played better than they did vs Burns but it was no where near enough.  On to Freedom and hopefully the Chargers can continue to improve.

If Crest has the athletes then where does the problem start?

Best receivers ever? Maybe. You know a lot about Cleveland County football for sure. I’ve seen two of those three main guys. I will respectfully disagree. I will say the group with Wright and Borders was the best. In the open middle field they were unstoppable to the end zone.

Borders was the best individual which allowed Wright to get more looks. You can't cheat off of Daley to help with Mitchell and then you have Huskey that is the x factor. 

Smashmouth..I agree you play week to week to get better. I was at Burns vs Crest game, and Crest imo was much better. I still belive that Ruff may should be QB. Maybe im wrong. Just wondered if flipping. Ruff and Fuller for week or so to see what happens...Also your right gotta get pentlys and Tos cut down.Crest be ok..Good luck rest of way

• Like 1