Sign in to follow this  
Vik-Val 86

Gaffney vs Mallard Creek

Rate this topic

Another huge matchup between two power houses. N.C. vs S.C.   Interesting in the thoughts with this game. What can we expect. Will we see a huge crowd for this game. 

Probably huge on the Gaffney side.  Think there will be some third party fans but most will be at their team's game.  MC is not going to bring a huge crowd although they have a loyal following of fans and family.

4 hours ago, btango said:

Probably huge on the Gaffney side.  Think there will be some third party fans but most will be at their team's game.  MC is not going to bring a huge crowd although they have a loyal following of fans and family.

Disagree. I think it will be a larger than usual crowd. Creek filled the Rocky River side on Friday and I think quite a few of our friends from Vance will be coming down to support as well as they are on Bye.  Creek showed up last year for Vance at home and at Creek for the playoffs. We knock the S... out of each other when we play but there is a mutual respect as well. 

MC by 14 , Simpson is a man along with that huge fullback,, I think the new QB is and has been a game changer, its a great asset to add a solid passing weapon like him, it really elevates there game.

• Like 1

No TV and a 7:00 start versus the 6 :00 st DF will bring more Creek fans. Also good weather.

I have watched a little of Gaffney. Lot of athletes but they are going to have a huge problem with MC size and physical play. They are smaller than DF on the oline and the QB not nearly as efficient as Olenchuk. Will Creek come out with a chip on their shoulder like against DF?? I think in front of that crowd they will be jacked up.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Creekprogram said:

Disagree. I think it will be a larger than usual crowd. Creek filled the Rocky River side on Friday and I think quite a few of our friends from Vance will be coming down to support as well as they are on Bye.  Creek showed up last year for Vance at home and at Creek for the playoffs. We knock the S... out of each other when we play but there is a mutual respect as well. 

I was just about to say this. Gotta support the University brethren. 

• Like 3

Gaffney sent MC a roll of tickets I would suggest looking in to it....Parking is very limited and with the crowd expected u may want to get there early....I'll be the first to admit it my Indians have a tall order..I was very impressed watching the DF game and sorta doubt our O-line can match up with Mallard's front 7 on def...and arguably our best player will miss the game due to a clavicle injury.....that being said....

Friday the 13th ...a full moon and at THE RESERVATION......>>>GO TRIBE>>

• Like 1

As I said last night. Just an awesome atmosphere. Twice now they have played very good competition on the road in tough environments and came from behind to tie and win. Coaching staff is dynamite at making 2nd half adjustments. Their scoring differential in 3rd quarters has got to be about +120 this year. Gaffney not the most impressive team physically but they had athletes, were super charged in that environment and  I thought their DC called a great game especially in the first half.

Creek not without mistakes ( special teams cost them 14 pts) but the defense play very well and Noller continues to WOW. Through the ball 35 times I think and maybe had 3 or 4 throws that were not perfect. Great pocket awareness and makes money throws on the run. I have heard all about Hood and Maye but if there is a better kid playing QB right now in this state I would love to see it. Hellams has full confidence in the kid because I cant tell you in 10 years of watching MC football seeing them in a tight game never run the ball in the red zone. Kid was throwing bullets.

These are the kind of games that prepare you for the playoffs and I still think the toughest test is coming in two weeks.

• Like 2