Sign in to follow this  
Vik-Val 86

Concord vs Mt Pleasant

Rate this topic

Both teams are 0-3 and someone has to win. Haven’t seen Mt Pleasant down in a while like this and Concord at one time would normally battle with AL Brown for the conference. Any thoughts with this game. 

I don't think Mount Pleasant is quite as bad as the record, but they certainly aren't having a Mount Pleasant type of season.  Something tells me that Concord will break out with their first win, but they'll have to earn it.  Mike Johns coached teams are never easy to beat. 

If I'm not mistaken this will be Mt. Pleasant's 4th straight game against a 3A opponent. Two of the four will probably make it to at least the second round of the playoffs. I'll take Mt. by 10 vs. Concord this year.

I'm not sure how this week plays out, but MP was without there starting Qb this past Friday against Central,, Central on the other hand had no FG kicker at all.

Mount Pleasant has an 0-3 record.Mount has scored 21 points and given up 108 points this year.Mount lost to C. Cabarrus 45-0 last week.

Concord has an 0-3 record.The Spiders have scored 31 points and given up 108 points this year.In their last sixteen games the Spiders are 1-15.

Somebody is going to get a win this week in this game.Concord has home field for this game...I'm taking the home team.Spiders get their 1st win of the season.

I coached at MP and Michael Johns is a good friend of mine. Plus Marty Paxton was my defensive back coach when he did his practice teaching at MP during the fall. He asked if he could help coach FB and I said "Sure, and by the way you are coaching DB's because we do not have a DB coach". He is a good friend as well. So, I will not predict a score but I do favor MP because of the fact that I coached there. I was at CC before I went to MP. My son and daughter were student athletes at MP. So, therefore my loyalties are with MP.

I really thought the Spiders would win this game.Now I'm wondering if they even get a win this season.Concord is now 1-16 in their last seventeen games.

Concord won't win a game this year. They are horrendous. I went to the game and mount didn't look great either. Concords only points was a kick return.  Bell game will be really bad this year as well as all the other games...I don't see them within 3 touchdowns of any of their opponents

1 hour ago, KW23 said:

I don't think the talent is there...Padgett knew when to hang it up...feel sorry for coach paxton.

Well the Spiders seem to have a lot of talent in soccer.Last time I checked they were undefeated in soccer.Kannapolis is also loaded with talent in soccer and have also not lost a match yet.They play Tuesday at Kannapolis.Two one time powers in football are now soccer schools.How times they are a changing.😯

I understand that Concord's starting QB Jo Jo Bond did not play against Mount Pleasant due to an injury he sustained last week.This helps explain why they were not able to move the ball on offense against Mount.Hopefully Bond will be back next week.

5 hours ago, 71K said:

Well the Spiders seem to have a lot of talent in soccer.Last time I checked they were undefeated in soccer.Kannapolis is also loaded with talent in soccer and have also not lost a match yet.They play Tuesday at Kannapolis.Two one time powers in football are now soccer schools.How times they are a changing.😯

Let the soccer guys play for the bell

I'm sure this will confirm my age.

"SCREW SOCCER!" 

You got to love a sport where a guy lays on the ground kicking and screaming that they have been fouled.  Horse hockey.  If football ever goes away, this old cuss ain't moving to soccer.

The rest of the world can have the mess. Play all day. The score is 0 - 0 and they decide the winner in a one vs. one match. Hell, do that to start with and save everybody the waste of an afternoon.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 9/15/2019 at 12:29 AM, SPRaiders78 said:

I'm sure this will confirm my age.

"SCREW SOCCER!" 

You got to love a sport where a guy lays on the ground kicking and screaming that they have been fouled.  Horse hockey.  If football ever goes away, this old cuss ain't moving to soccer.

The rest of the world can have the mess. Play all day. The score is 0 - 0 and they decide the winner in a one vs. one match. Hell, do that to start with and save everybody the waste of an afternoon.

I am with you, I wouldn't open my front door to watch a kickball game in my front yard!

On 9/14/2019 at 3:55 PM, 71K said:

Wonders Varsity Soccer Team beats Concord 11-10 on penalty kicks. I guess kannapolis keeps the bell. Lol

14 minutes ago, 84k said:

Wonders Varsity Soccer Team beats Concord 11-10 on penalty kicks. I guess kannapolis keeps the bell. Lol

Yep. Kannapolis stays undefeated and ranked #1 in the state in 3A.And as you said they keep the bell.😁