Sign in to follow this  
JJ Barile

Page @ Dudley, 9/6

Rate this topic

When it comes to football this is both schools biggest rival.

Page comes into the match up 0-2, losing both games by a combined 3 points and Dudley comes in a 1-1 after bouncing back last week against Ragsdale.

Should be a great match up as always, the series is all knotted up at 4-4 (on the field), the past 8 years.

On 9/6/2019 at 10:20 PM, 704cougarsdad said:

What is going on????

Finding out what it's like to lose players to graduation and um other schools.  They had been getting players from other schools, how I don't know and now are complaining about kids leaving.  They are a young team with a lot of talent.  Some in the area say its the 3 year curse of the staff.  Apparently happened across town when they were at NW Guilford.  Along with a young team they have a VERY tough schedule, that doesn't help the reloading process.

I have not heard one player or coach at Page mention anything about players transferring in or out.  Would it be safe to assume you are a NW Guilford fan?

Several Transferred out to Dudley and Grimsley this year and yes there has been complaints from Coaching staff and administration to the county about it.  Didn't hear any complaints either from them when they were pulling kids in from Northern over the last 2 years either.  Karma is a bitch!!!

1 hour ago, GSOFootballFan said:

Several Transferred out to Dudley and Grimsley this year and yes there has been complaints from Coaching staff and administration to the county about it.  Didn't hear any complaints either from them when they were pulling kids in from Northern over the last 2 years either.  Karma is a bitch!!!

Is that really the direction you want to go? The past is the past but given the well known history I would think not... just sayin’.

2 hours ago, GSOFootballFan said:

What is the source of your information?  You sound as if you have inside knowledge in all of this. 

The fact is high schools go through cycles simply because unlike colleges they cannot recruit (some of you say they can but I don't consider 2-4 kids transferring from one school to another as recruiting). Families moving from one school to another cannot fall under this recruiting idea. Are there some families who move so that their kids can play for certain schools? The answer is yes. I would not do this because of everything involved. I had one guy I know do this. I asked him why and his answer was he wanted his son to enhance his chances for a FB scholarship. My answers to him were 1. If he is good enough he will get this regardless of where he plays. 2. I have seen your son play and he is not a potential college player.  Like us at EG (who was good the past 3 years) Page is a young team and will bounce back. Dudley was not very good last year. Grimsley is good this year. They were not very good the last 3-10 years. HS teams all go through these cycles. That is what is great about coaching HS FB. You have to coach who shows up and it is a great thing to me to see these less talented kids get better as we go through the season and their HS career. I take great pleasure in telling a fellow coach (usually the young ones when they complain that they don't have very good players at their position) that this is why they call you COACH.

2 hours ago, GSOFootballFan said:

Reliable source is all I'm saying.  

It's fine kids and parents want to move nothing they can do about it in GCS apparently.  Becoming a far to prevalent practice these days.  Might as well open the borders.

If want to move, there is nothing that can be done. Honestly though, considering who you complained about them leaving, take the plank out of your own eye. It’ll help you see those banners better anyway.

What is the source of your information?  You sound as if you have inside knowledge in all of this.

His information is correct. One went to NE. 

16 hours ago, ConnerP said:

If want to move, there is nothing that can be done. Honestly though, considering who you complained about them leaving, take the plank out of your own eye. It’ll help you see those banners better anyway.

ConnerP I am not saying it doesn't happen everywhere.  You can take the banners and throw them out.  That is the past, that regime no longer exists, I am going off of what I have seen happen over the past 3 years and as Glenn said above kids leave all the time or parents move their kids because they think they have a better chance at a scholarship.  That is crazy!!!  I have that experience with my own kid who thought he wasn't getting a fair shake and wanted to transfer.  Even when he saw buddies leaving I told him that is not how the real world works.  Every time you don't get a fair shake at work are you just gonna up and quit and get a new job?  He worked hard and played out and ended up with a scholarship playing football.  If you are good enough for that the college coaches will find you.   Football is the ultimate team sports, not anyone person is bigger than the game.

It's not just one school that players are transferring out of or into.  I know of quite a few prominent players at various schools that transferred this season to other schools in the Triad area and even down to Charlotte.  The reasons varied.  Some kids want to play tougher competition, other's may not have gotten along with the coaching staff,  and there are some that wanted to play a particular position and weren't getting that opportunity at their former school (that was the least of the cases that I saw this season).  No matter the reason it should be the kids choice.  Making them stay somewhere they don't like may not be the best of the kid.