Sign in to follow this  

Rate this topic

Another fun NC/SC matchup.....Byrnes looks real good and based on a couple conversations yesterday with friends in Greenville this might be their best team in a long time. Is Hough ready for this kind of matchup?

5 minutes ago, Wrigley said:

Another fun NC/SC matchup.....Byrnes looks real good and based on a couple conversations yesterday with friends in Greenville this might be their best team in a long time. Is Hough ready for this kind of matchup?

No they are not. 

This will be a crime scene. Hough has never played in an environment close to what they'll experience Friday Night. Also Byrnes will attack their weaknesses immediately, and they have a lot of them.  Byrnes by 3 TD's minimum.  

29 minutes ago, work7 said:

This will be a crime scene. Hough has never played in an environment close to what they'll experience Friday Night. Also Byrnes will attack their weaknesses immediately, and they have a lot of them.  Byrnes by 3 TD's minimum.  

Feel like Hough will be getting exposed all year this go around. 

Byrnes looks slightly like the Byrnes of old....lots of athletes clear execution and some “Bigs” who get after it.  Hough has never played a road game of this magnitude in the type atmosphere and tradition they will see.  The College JumboTron complete with pregame video, local kids programs lined up end zone to 30 for the team to run through, totally packed stands that cheer and are very knowledgeable about the opposing team (look for a bit of trash talk pregame) but overall just an incredible home game/home town atmosphere. The key is taking the huge energy of the first quarter. Hough could be down two scores quickly believe me Creek felt it quickly a few years back. Just done think Hough has the game plan and ability to adjust on this one. It could get ugly.  

• Like 1

Between Lyman and Duncan, SC.  Just off I-85 north of Spartanburg right before the BMW plant.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hough has the horsepower to compete. After seeing the 1st 3Q’s against Butler though, I have a lot of concerns about them overall. The mental errors, disorganization & in-fighting either are cleaned up or lead to a very long night for them in this one. If this is truly one of Byrnes best teams, it won’t matter.

44 minutes ago, btango said:

Between Lyman and Duncan, SC.  Just off I-85 north of Spartanburg right before the BMW plant.

Thanks. I was actually making a spelling joke(based of the title), but I really didnt know where it was. I always thought it was closer to Greenville. 

47 minutes ago, ConnerP said:

Hough has the horsepower to compete. After seeing the 1st 3Q’s against Butler though, I have a lot of concerns about them overall. The mental errors, disorganization & in-fighting either are cleaned up or lead to a very long night for them in this one. If this is truly one of Byrnes best teams, it won’t matter.

Most undisciplined team in the city. Has been for years. Taunting, throat cut gestures to fans, issues with opposing coaches. Just embarrassing.  4 star kid gets tossed in a playoff game for threatening to kill a ref.

There antics against Hopewell last year were just terrible.  You would think they have won 10 straight state titles.

2 hours ago, ConnerP said:

Pryor on offense & Neal on defense., they both stand out. Outside of those 2,  the team plays like they just met each other the day before the game. I don’t see the horses. 

Maybe CMS had it wrong on their master schedule.

FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 6

Berry @ East Mecklenburg

Garinger @ West Mecklenburg

Harding @ West Charlotte

Hough @ Burns

Hunter Huss @ Vance

Independence @ Olympic

Mallard Creek @ Rocky River

Marvin Ridge @ Ardrey Kell

Providence @ Myers Park

North Mecklenburg @ West Forsyth

Weddington @ South Mecklenburg

OPEN: Butler, Hopewell

10 hours ago, allamerican(alb) said:

Maybe CMS had it wrong on their master schedule.

FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 6

Berry @ East Mecklenburg

Garinger @ West Mecklenburg

Harding @ West Charlotte

Hough @ Burns

Hunter Huss @ Vance

Independence @ Olympic

Mallard Creek @ Rocky River

Marvin Ridge @ Ardrey Kell

Providence @ Myers Park

North Mecklenburg @ West Forsyth

Weddington @ South Mecklenburg

OPEN: Butler, Hopewell

CMS is a terrible place to get accurate football information. Max Preps has all verified schedules with correct spelling. Hough is playing Byrnes in SC. 

On September 3, 2019 at 7:31 PM, Creekprogram said:

Byrnes looks slightly like the Byrnes of old....lots of athletes clear execution and some “Bigs” who get after it.  Hough has never played a road game of this magnitude in the type atmosphere and tradition they will see.  The College JumboTron complete with pregame video, local kids programs lined up end zone to 30 for the team to run through, totally packed stands that cheer and are very knowledgeable about the opposing team (look for a bit of trash talk pregame) but overall just an incredible home game/home town atmosphere. The key is taking the huge energy of the first quarter. Hough could be down two scores quickly believe me Creek felt it quickly a few years back. Just done think Hough has the game plan and ability to adjust on this one. It could get ugly.  

Creekprogram u coming to Gaffney next week ?  That will be atmosphere at the Reservation....I guarantee it....wouldn't be surprised at well over 10k....looking forward to it,just hope we can match up...

At the Reservation? Talk about 1851! Damn South Carolina. What a name to call a stadium....... SMH! 

Hough will be in trouble at this game.  Hough should have learned last year that all of those 4 and 5 star "recruits" have some egos that don't play well with others.

It was and is obvious.  Coaches need to get that group of kids to 'gel' together.  If they learn to play as a team they will have success.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, work7 said:

At the Reservation? Talk about 1851! Damn South Carolina. What a name to call a stadium....... SMH! 

That is like calling West Charlotte  “The Plantation.”

3 hours ago, GDG said:

That is like calling West Charlotte  “The Plantation.”

Well we are the Indians....not sure where u came up with " The Plantation " Care to elaborate?...

Y’all give some of these teams too much credit sometimes. Hough getting Smoked 31-0 at the half. Was never going to be close. Can’t buy a Hs football team and expect it to just work. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Wrigley said:

Bet that was a fun bus ride home.

It’s a great opportunity for them to meet each other...lol! 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, Mikey said:

Well we are the Indians....not sure where u came up with " The Plantation " Care to elaborate?...

It’s simple. When you round up free people and tell them they can’t leave a piece of land-  plantation and reservation. 

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, work7 said:

It’s a great opportunity for them to meet each other...lol! 

I can hear that bus ride convo now. “Hello. Sorry we got the hell beat out of us but my name is Jalen. I’m from Newton-Conover. What’s your name and where did you get recruited from? I play DB on the other side from you.”

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, GDG said:

It’s simple. When you round up free people and tell them they can’t leave a piece of land-  plantation and reservation. 

This plantation talk is confusing. What does Lions have to do anything with a plantation?

1 minute ago, 704cougarsdad said:

This plantation talk is confusing. What does Lions have to do anything with a plantation?

Dear Lord. Work, explain this stuff to these guys you started. CMS is failing you guys.

3 minutes ago, GDG said:

Dear Lord. Work, explain this stuff to these guys you started. CMS is failing you guys.

No help me...is west Charlotte field called "the plantation"?. I've never heard of that b4

17 minutes ago, 704cougarsdad said:

No help me...is west Charlotte field called "the plantation"?. I've never heard of that b4

He was striking an analogy to the Gaffney Stadium being called the plantation and the team the Indians. West Charlotte  is a predominantly black school so if the field was called the Plantation it would be inherently offensive because slaves were held on a plantation. 

Oh and to the poster who said it has always been called that.....just because something has always been that way doesn’t make it right that’s called a cultural blind spot. 

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, 704cougarsdad said:

It was a metaphor he used! 😂