Chris Hughes

Week 1: D.H. Conley at Northeastern

Rate this topic

Conley at Northeastern  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Pick the winner:

• Conley
    • Northeastern

If the last two years are any indicator, fans will be in for a treat this Friday in Elizabeth City as D.H. Conley travels up Highway 17 to take on Northeastern.  It's my opinion that Northeastern is the best 2A team in Eastern NC this season, and Conley is always among the top 3A teams from the East, so this should be a good ol' fashion donnybrook.

Previous Contests:

2018: Northeastern won 42-34

2017: Northeastern won 55-49 in OT

COACHING MATCHUP:

Moore-Antonio-19.jpg

Antonio Moore is in his 15th season leading the Eagles, he has a 152-40 record. 

Conner-Nate-19.jpg

Nate Conner is entering his fifth season at Conley and has posted a 39-13 record. 

Think my Dogs will have something to say bout that. I'm going with the Eagles in this one

1 minute ago, dogs79 said:

Think my Dogs will have something to say bout that. I'm going with the Eagles in this one

There is NO QUESTION that your Dogs will be among the elite in 2A.  I just don't know if they're up there with Northeastern yet, but time will tell.  They've got a tough on this week against East Bladen. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Chris Hughes said:

There is NO QUESTION that your Dogs will be among the elite in 2A.  I just don't know if they're up there with Northeastern yet, but time will tell.  They've got a tough on this week against East Bladen. 

Chris, Bulldogs looks as big and fast as I've ever seen them. I think Defense will be head hunters and they can really get off blocks. Don't know how much you know about backfield, but they could be best combo in state. We'll see.  Back to Northeastern. What you basing best in East on?

I'd say definitely top 5 if not 3 for toughest non conference schedule  in the whole state concerning they are a 2A school playing 2 3A schools from Greenville traveling to Virginia and Rocky Mount and still gotta play Edenton Holmes

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Now that this game has been moved to Thursday, I am thinking really hard about going to this one.  I'll let you guys know!  

8 hours ago, Chris Hughes said:

Now that this game has been moved to Thursday, I am thinking really hard about going to this one.  I'll let you guys know!  

It's a long ride out there for anybody. Think I'll head up to Tarboro should be an electric atmosphere and its closer. Lol