Sign in to follow this  
Chris Hughes

Week 1: #1 Mallard Creek at #1 Dutch Fork

Rate this topic

#1 Mallard Creek at #1 Dutch Fork  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Who's the winner between Mallard Creek at Dutch Fork?

• Mallard Creek
    • Dutch Fork

1 hour ago, J-Heat1110 said:

Wrigley and Work agree that Washington was not a rental. My point being that to me he would have done better than the rental Kelly. it was mentioned that Vance, Hough, MP had rentals and they did somewhat. They had a multi year starter at QB even though they did transfer in. Its a difference to me in leadership ability and growing with guys when you are a senior one year rental.  It undermines the program. Have had MC parents even mention to me that Washington would have done just as well or better than Kelly in 2018. So its an issue. When I look back to Knotts going all the way back to Harding to Dutch Fork I can only think of 1, one year rental and that was Tim Funderburk at WC. The rest of his qbs were at the school and learned the system as an underclassman or started as a soph or Jr. Senior leadership from the QB is big. The QB is the leader. If you cant see the advantage of having a 4 year guy vs. a one year guy in a game like this not sure what to say. 

As for the game. Agree fully work7 that MC is the best coached, trained, and hardest working HS in the state of NC. Problem is Dutch Fork is in SC. Now I'm all excited thinking about this game. Last year had me heated so I'm trying not to over hype myself for this year. Just think Knotts has had time to prepare and lives for games like this. Ill be cheering for MC no doubt. Just MHO. Also dont see MC losing any game the rest of the way and that it will get brutal for some schools on their sked. 

Parents are REAL bad evaluators of talent and skill sets for obvious reasons. They have agendas and alliances. They averaged 47pts a game before that loss and beat Hough by 16 with Casey 3 weeks earlier.

MC played bad as a team and got beat by the better team that night. Period.

FYI- Noller light years ahead of Casey as a passer. Not even in same stratosphere.

• Thanks 1

The day you start letting parents tell you who should play & start. You no longer have a program. If a parents wants to Coach, they should apply. Outside of that, they should sit in the stands and watch the game. Win or lose, Coach P is going to play the kids that give him the best chance of winning. Regardless if he's a rental or been with the program for 3 years. 

• Like 2

Work7, and Wrigley I agree that Kelly performed well before that game and that it was a team loss. Just noting that there is more fluff that goes along with these one year rentals than actual play on the field. To me, and IMHO a QB that has been in the system and grew up among teammates fares better in a win or lose one big game situation. Regular season and the rest likely doesn;t matter with the talent at a school like MC. But when the money is on the table. 

Should be a great game. Just hoping the weather holds up. 

South Carolina is simply tired of DF winning. DF once again is the team to beat this year. I see the "LOL" becoming a multi million dollar logo. Founded in Irmo 23 August 2019. Tommy stated "Right now I do not feel good about this team. We have a long ways to go". Perfectionist!

I'm looking forward to a great game and just hoping mother nature stays out of it. I agree 100% that Olenchuk should get the "check mark" when comparing which team is more comfortable at QB. Olenchuk is a great athlete that has 3 state titles and has been in Coach Knotts offense his entire high school career. Noller on the other hand isn't your average transfer. Noller played for the OC for two seasons giving him a solid relationship and knowledge of what Hellams does. Just watching the media posts it is obvious that the MC coaching staff has done a lot to get Noller synced with the team as he has been with them since before the Cam Newton 7v7 and traveled to Hoover with the team. Maybe the best thing is Noller played at DF last season when DF was definitely the best team in the Carolina's so it won't be new to him. Noller wasn't exactly surrounded by the quantity of athletes last season as he will be this Friday night with MC.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, J-Heat1110 said:

Work7, and Wrigley I agree that Kelly performed well before that game and that it was a team loss. Just noting that there is more fluff that goes along with these one year rentals than actual play on the field. To me, and IMHO a QB that has been in the system and grew up among teammates fares better in a win or lose one big game situation. Regular season and the rest likely doesn;t matter with the talent at a school like MC. But when the money is on the table. 

Should be a great game. Just hoping the weather holds up. 

I am not a fan of the QB transfers but especially at that position it's the way it works now. Every year there will be a QB looking to transfer into these big time programs for obvious reasons. They want to play with big time talent and be coached at a high level. It's just the way it works now.

9 hours ago, Wrigley said:

Dutch Fork is loaded and yes...it starts with TK. I havent seen this version yet so I will see where they rank but my list of the best teams MC has played since 2010 would be in this order-

2012 Butler

2017 Wake Forest

2016 RH Southpointe

2011 Page

2013 Dillon

2014 Butler ( Healthy ARW)

2016 Vance 

Yep,  I'm with you.  Great list. 

Tommy's said "Its like playing a state championship at the beginning of the year". His concern is Offense. DF gave up no sacks last year. Same goal this year.

I’m following the scores on Max Prep. This game looks to be good as advertised. Tied at half. Wrigley what size crowd is at that game. 

27-27 3 mins to go in 3rd

MC runs a 13 play drive in a power double fullback formation. Pounds it in for a score.

1 hour ago, Vik-Val 86 said:

My question is if this game could of been played out. Who would have been the favored at the time was left 

Creek has the ball at the 15.  Third down and 14 to go.  4:46 left in the game.  

Surprised DF ran it twice on the last possession on first and second.  The third down play looked like it would work but the MC DL made a great play getting a hand in the ball.  As MC was starting to get good penetration on all plays and the PATs I expected DF to go for it on fourth and not kick the FG.

MC is dominating the line in both sides. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KoKie34 said:

any Sacs for either team?

Don’t think so.  Olenchuk ran for a yard a few times on scrambles and Noller got rid of a couple before getting knocked down.  Was surprised MC did not to Olenchuk more.  He is good at getting rid of the ball quick when needed.

3 hours ago, work7 said:

Olenchuk was sacked twice. 

5 hours ago, btango said:

Don’t think so.  Olenchuk ran for a yard a few times on scrambles and Noller got rid of a couple before getting knocked down.  Was surprised MC did not to Olenchuk more.  He is good at getting rid of the ball quick when needed.

Yes or No?

9 minutes ago, KoKie34 said:

Yes or No?

Well according to the 2 kids that sacked him @ MC. 

• Like 1

On 8/20/2019 at 11:55 PM, KoKie34 said:

While you ask Google, I'll make a check out to DF. DF was Nationally observed as #23 in 2018. All while MC was National observed as #342 in 2018  "Scores on Average 63.55 on Fridays 

I ask Google and there was no response.  What you got? 

58 minutes ago, work7 said:

I ask Google and there was no response.  What you got? 

Suggestion: Call Sprints customer service slash Technical Support

41 minutes ago, KoKie34 said:

Name them

Call Sprint customer service slash Technical support. :) 

9 hours ago, work7 said:

Olenchuk was sacked twice. 

Was he tackled behind the line of scrimmage on any plays?  I do not know.  I know twice he was flushed and got past the line of scrimmage.

5 minutes ago, btango said:

Was he tackled behind the line of scrimmage on any plays?  I do not know.  I know twice he was flushed and got past the line of scrimmage.

JT Whitmore got him once. The other guy is hard to see. Looks like it was behind the line.  I was just glad they were able to start putting pressure on him. 

On 8/24/2019 at 12:46 PM, work7 said:

JT Whitmore got him once. The other guy is hard to see. Looks like it was behind the line.  I was just glad they were able to start putting pressure on him. 

Slaughter got him. Both were very close to the line.