Sign in to follow this  
Trooper1989

Week 1: Shelby at Freedom

Rate this topic

Can the Patriots and Dynamic QB Birchfield pull this one out? From everything I heard about the Golden Lions they are Loaded!!! And this might be a understatement. Jahari Mitchell May be the best overall player on the field. Crazy things seems to happen in that Morganton mist when Shelby rolls into town. Freedom secondary will be tested early and often. Depth may be Freedoms down fall late. Shelby’s D is legit. In the Jamboree they sniffed lincolnton. Too many fire works for the Golden Lions. 

Prediction shelby 42-21 

I think this will be a heck of a ball game. Freedom has looked good early and has a great QB committed to a division 1 program and solid skill players. Shelby is Shelby and has looked great in the preseason scrimmages. I think it will be a lot closer than a lot think but favor Shelby by one or two scores. 

This will be a good game, time to get a test for the Lions..Bess looks like a Sr Qb.  He has looked great..and rec Mitchell- Daley--and Huskey are real deal.at rec.Sjelby will habe to adjust without starting rb..out with shoulder stinger..shelby D get a great test....

I see Shelby pull away in 2nd half...41-21 shelby

1 hour ago, shelbyfan said:

Wolf4lyfe. What u think about Shelby other night?

Shelby looks like they have not missed a beat. However, I will say that we were no where close to a challenge for you guys but great teams dominate the teams that they are supposed to. I don't see any weaknesses on this Golden Lion team but if I had to pick something for improvement I would say the QB had multiple opportunities to take off and run but chose just to throw it up. It was a scrimmage so I am sure he was just trying to stay healthy. I do not see a team in 2A this season beating Shelby. 

Honest..i think hes been told not to run.Were not deep at Qb spot. Jv went to Crest. So im sure your right he wants to stay healthy. Talked to Kane yesterday he wanted to know how we looked..said he knew this was a learning curve for Lincolnton

Freedom has played Shelby pretty tight the past couple years. Always tough games. Last year they had momentum late and dropped a pass across the middle and Shelby sealed the deal. First game of the year anything can happen. I think it will be a good one!

• Like 1