Sign in to follow this  
BlueDevilsBiggestFan

West Rowan @ Mooresville

Rate this topic

This is the 50th Meeting This year for the Falcons/Blue Devils (Mooresville leads the ALL time Record 27-22)

For West Rowan: They return a solid core of guys back from last yr. I think their biggest hurdle this year will be the QB spot bc IDK who their QB is but Hard to replace a 4 year starter in former QB in Stolsworth . West Rowan returns some of their top Defenders from a year ago, so Can they manage the Ground attack from Mooresville? I think West Rowan has to start the game out stopping Mooresville. Also West Rowan seems to NEVER be condition Ready for Week 1 and West Rowan has always been a Mid-Season/Late Season team when they get rolling. Can they Get back to their 10-11 game winning seasons n Start off by Beating Mooresville ? 

For Mooresville: Mooresville Returns only 7 Guys from last year. Also Mooresville will be running under Mr. Thad Wells offense of Schemes this season as seen in the Jamboree vs MP. Mooresville will have a lot of new faces in new place but Mooresville does have their Starting QB back along with some Rbs, WRs and One of best Defense players we have this year in Malik Birchett. Can Mooresville still put us point like they did a year ago? Will the Defense still be Strong? I think this game vs West Rowan will be a good measuring stick for our season as to see what we have up our Sleeve. Mooresville will more than likely will use a tempo style offense to help keep West Rowan off the field and Mooresville has to win the battles  if they want to win vs a Good West Rowan team. 

**Note: I was VERY VERY Impressed by Mooresville D in the Jamboree. Very Aggressive, they got many pass break ups, and we got to the QB! I was very surprised and I think If Mooresville D plays like that EVERY game, Mooresville has a Chance! Mooresville O has get GEL and Get better but Mooresville O will be Fine** 

Prediction: I believe Mooresville will be the Favorite to win at Home and I believe that Margin is 10-14 Pts , I Think we will see a 28-14 , 35-21 type game. but Mooresville WIN here vs WR! 

Your Thoughts/Opinion? 

This time of the year it hard to give  close predictions. But here is my thoughts. Personally I don’t see W. Rowan winning this one. After last night’s performance with Mooresville and the way they played I’m thinking West Rowan might not score until Mooresville puts the reserves in. How ever West Rowan maybe better than I’m thinking. But here is my predictions. A conservative one. Mooresville 28 West Rowan 7. 

• Thanks 1

West will go as their offense goes... I know we can probably expect the usual out of west.... solid run game, and a opportunistic passing game. If their QB can make the throws down field and keep our defense from being able to key in on them... then they will have a great shot to win.

based on what I saw last night in our scrimmage vs Myers Park.... I think we may have a very solid defense. I never expected us to be able to pressure Drake Maye as much as we did last night. Our DB’s covered extremely well (was very impressed with whoever it was that covered Muhammad..... gave him little room to breathe). I think the most impressive thing was how we flowed to the ball. We looked very fast on the defensive side, for the most part thought we tackled well as well.

As for our offense... hard to say what to expect. We didn’t show anything last night...so I honestly have no clue as to what to expect out of that side of the ball. At times I thought we blocked well for the RB.... and man does that RB run hard. But other than that.... ive got no idea. I fully expect this to be the usual 21-14 kinda game this always seems to be lol. There will be a lot of emotions in the stadium Friday night, as it’s the first home game since the passing of our player, Gavin Sharpe. 

• Like 3

W.R. 2 Mooresville 0 that's my take on it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Mooresville's offense against Myers Park was pretty vanilla.  I look for they play book to be opened up against West Rowan.  Some weapons on that team that were not used.

• Like 2

MP defense seem to be stout  against Mooresville offense. But I tend to think Mooresville offense will come  around. I think Mooresville will be tougher than first thought. I noticed MP WRs was dropping some passes and few a little over thrown. I will say MP will have it together as the season goes. Personally I think W. Rowan, AL Brown and Davie are winnable  games. I think the West Forsyth game will a dandy one. Time will tell and I could be wrong. 

• Like 1

Sounds like West will have a strong d line going into this one. A buddy of mine was telling me about a DE that transferred into west 6’5, 200ish. And if memory serves me right they already have 1 d lineman that is very very strong too. Also heard they had a RB come in too that’s looked pretty good. Setting up to be the classic slobber knocker that these two teams have been playing in more recent years

West defense will be good and strong. This is a physical team and will be pushed to get more physical every game. As a Falcon fan I’m pulling for them boys to turn things around this year. It could go either way. Looking to a 21-14 game and the W could go to either team. 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Jason7482 said:

West defense will be good and strong. This is a physical team and will be pushed to get more physical every game. As a Falcon fan I’m pulling for them boys to turn things around this year. It could go either way. Looking to a 21-14 game and the W could go to either team. 

That seemingly classic scoreline between these two lol. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MooresvilleDevil06 said:

That seemingly classic scoreline between these two lol. 

That’s so true. 

On 8/19/2019 at 11:21 AM, MooresvilleDevil06 said:

Sounds like West will have a strong d line going into this one. A buddy of mine was telling me about a DE that transferred into west 6’5, 200ish. And if memory serves me right they already have 1 d lineman that is very very strong too. Also heard they had a RB come in too that’s looked pretty good. Setting up to be the classic slobber knocker that these two teams have been playing in more recent years

WR doesnt Lack size this would add another big guy for them as they have 2 others on the line just as big 
Jalen Houston will be a KILLER if he plays RB/WR he prob  will be the FASTEST guy for West Rowan 

3 hours ago, BlueDevilsBiggestFan said:

WR doesnt Lack size this would add another big guy for them as they have 2 others on the line just as big 
Jalen Houston will be a KILLER if he plays RB/WR he prob  will be the FASTEST guy for West Rowan 

West has a solid d line and good tackling LB. Strong and physical players will not be a problem. The QB is young but can throw the ball. I know the QB’s family and I can assure you he will be working on improving every week. OL is big and strong but as always Mooresville will be a good team so anything can happen. I’m ready for some Friday night lights. 

On 8/20/2019 at 7:26 PM, Jason7482 said:

West has a solid d line and good tackling LB. Strong and physical players will not be a problem. The QB is young but can throw the ball. I know the QB’s family and I can assure you he will be working on improving every week. OL is big and strong but as always Mooresville will be a good team so anything can happen. I’m ready for some Friday night lights. 

Well I think QB will be a big factor on how successful yall are esp like i said replacing a 4 year starter in stolsworth is big 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BlueDevilsBiggestFan said:

Well I think QB will be a big factor on how successful yall are esp like i said replacing a 4 year start in stolsworth is big 

Agreed. I do think like usual West will come together mid to late season. 

2 hours ago, Rick Harrington said:

Big question here.  Mooresville has outstanding team speed.  Can West match up or will Mooresville's speed prevail?

I do believe only a few can on West Rowan esp West Rowan ATH in Jalen Houston who is prob the fastest player on that roster , West RB will be solid as well 

2 hours ago, Rick Harrington said:

Big question here.  Mooresville has outstanding team speed.  Can West match up or will Mooresville's speed prevail?

That was one of my first concerns. 

I did not thinks of this until the Myers Park scrimmage was over, but Mooresville went toe-to-toe with the Mustangs regarding team speed, but they did.  Speed-wise, the two were so close that it was hard to make that comparison.  IMO, MP is the #2 team in Mecklenburg County behind Mallard Creek.

• Like 1

With that Synthetic Turf they should play as long as it's not lightning.

• Like 1

I have changed my score. Now I will take W. R. 3-0.

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, moonpie said:

game postponed til Saturday @ 7 pm

I feel like they jumped the gun on that... sun was coming out as we left. But that lightning to the south wasn’t going away fast enough I guess

Yep, I work in Mooresville you could tell it was clearing up at 8. Maybe could have started around 9:00.

There was still lightning at 8:02 pm which means they could not let anyone into stadium until 8:32pm.  A 45 minute warm up for the teams per referees would have put kick off at 9:17 at the earliest.  I don’t always agree with mgsd but this was the correct call. Plus lightning did occur past that time to the south but I do not know distance as I was over toward lake side after that time. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, justavoice said:

There was still lightning at 8:02 pm which means they could not let anyone into stadium until 8:32pm.  A 45 minute warm up for the teams per referees would have put kick off at 9:17 at the earliest.  I don’t always agree with mgsd but this was the correct call. Plus lightning did occur past that time to the south but I do not know distance as I was over toward lake side after that time. 

North Iredell didn’t kickoff until 10:15 and play 10 mins qtr they prob didn’t finish up until around 12:30 

7 hours ago, justavoice said:

Since when was a 45 minute warm up a mandatory thing? I’ve seen teams do warm ups in far less time than that lol

10 hours ago, MooresvilleDevil06 said:

That was hard to watch. A wins a win but if we don’t find something this week West Forsyth is going to come in here and bully us. 

9 hours ago, BlueDevilsBiggestFan said:

Defense played outstanding but got worn down a tad 

Offensively - No comment 

Is the noun patience in either of your vocabularies?

1 hour ago, Rick Harrington said:

I was just merely stating the facts. I get there was a lot of week 1 sloppiness out there..... but given the strength of our non conference schedule, we don’t really have the luxury of not being on our game each week. 

1 hour ago, Rick Harrington said:

Although to your point... I did forget how many starters we had to replace for this year. It was never going to be a well oiled machine week 1.