Sign in to follow this  
Mr.Blue&Gray

Week 1: Dudley at West Forsyth

Rate this topic

This is one of the best (if not the best) offensive line in NC (West Forsyth) going against one of the best (if not the best) defensive lines in NC (Dudley).  This should be a slobberknocker kind of a game! 

• Like 1

How's Dudley's depth? I know that's been a concern the past 3 couple season. The guys always seem to be gassed much more than the other team throughout the game. 

Is this game being played at West Forsyth?

Max has it as at a neutral field? Of coarse they are never on top of things...lol

for the last 15-20 years or so Dudley played Carver and then Cummings, first game of the season. Its interesting to see them play a 4A school in that first week now. Should definitely be a step up in competition for them. Excellent match up here with the line play being highlighted for both sides.

I could see this game going either way, and i think might be too close to call.

• Like 1

On 8/21/2019 at 9:46 PM, JJ Barile said:

for the last 15-20 years or so Dudley played Carver and then Cummings, first game of the season. Its interesting to see them play a 4A school in that first week now. Should definitely be a step up in competition for them. Excellent match up here with the line play being highlighted for both sides.

I could see this game going either way, and i think might be too close to call.

I remember Cummings put a whooping on Dudley in the early 2000's used to be a good rivalry as well as carver.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, kms51 said:

I remember Cummings put a whooping on Dudley in the early 2000's used to be a good rivalry as well as carver.  

Correct, both match ups were great.

• Like 1

West Forsyth 42, Dudley 13 Final

Game was not as close as I initially anticipated.

Edited by JJ Barile

On 8/17/2019 at 12:05 PM, BlueDevilsBiggestFan said:

Tough Match up week 1 

Dudley seems to looking good this season , WF is always a solid squad so should be a good contest 

Not shocked by who won but pretty surprised by the score. What happened to this great Dudley Dline?

Probably the Same thing that happened during our scrimmage... once you figure out that you WILL not run up the middle... rolling out , trap plays, simple quick game takes them out of the equation.. they are not real solid in the back half of their defense.  Once the big boys get tired of chasing.. its down hill fast. 

Now with that being said... I didn’t see their game vs WF so I am only guessing. But 100% they had to quit for the score to be this lopsided. 

• Like 2

I was surprised the score turned out like it did. I figured the game would be  a close one in this. Could West Forsyth be the real deal if they are in the 4A western bracket. Not sure if they will be 4AA or 4A. 

4 minutes ago, Vik-Val 86 said:

I was surprised the score turned out like it did. I figured the game would be  a close one in this. Could West Forsyth be the real deal if they are in the 4A western bracket. Not sure if they will be 4AA or 4A. 

If in the 4AA West bracket...then no.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, mrhonda said:

If in the 4AA West bracket...then no.  

I was thinking the same thing about 4AA. 4A I believe they maybe could make a good run. 

At 2400+ students, I don't see anyway what-so-ever that West Forsyth goes 4A.  I think the cutoff should be around 2100 students separating 4AA and 4A. 

4 hours ago, ZBVANCE said:

Probably the Same thing that happened during our scrimmage... once you figure out that you WILL not run up the middle... rolling out , trap plays, simple quick game takes them out of the equation.. they are not real solid in the back half of their defense.  Once the big boys get tired of chasing.. its down hill fast. 

Now with that being said... I didn’t see their game vs WF so I am only guessing. But 100% they had to quit for the score to be this lopsided. 

Actually, West Forsyth was able to run up the middle.  West Forsyth's offensive line has size and they understand how to shield the runner from the defender.  Also, the defense was on the field quite a bit so yes, some of them did seem to get winded on longer drives.  They also blew some pass coverages as well.  Dudley will be fine against most teams, but the d-line has to get more pressure otherwise they seem to have issues defending the pass if the QB knows what he is doing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Chris Hughes said:

As the game wore on, the West running backs were pretty much running at will. 

yikes! 

make it go away Chris.

3 hours ago, Vik-Val 86 said:

West Forsyth will be 4AA. That School enroll about 2,500 students. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Vik-Val 86 said:

I was thinking the same thing about 4AA. 4A I believe they maybe could make a good run. 

I definitely agree there.  History just doesn't suggest that they could in 4AA.  Since 2009, they've gone 7-9 in the playoffs.  In the games where they were eliminated, it hasn't been close.  They've been eliminated by 5 teams from Charlotte, Page in 2010 and once each by East Forsyth and Reagan, two conference foes.  In those elimination games, WF averaged only 13.44ppg while giving up 44.44 ppg.  Unless they really have one super team for them, I don't see it.  

• Like 1

Based on those highlights either West has a fantastic offensive line or Dudley has no defense.