Sign in to follow this  
Mr.Blue&Gray

Week 1: Rocky Mount at Tarboro

Rate this topic

This game will be won on defense. Two of the biggest storylines will be ...one... Can Tarboro make some plays in the secondary to stop Rocky Mounts passing attack? And two... Does Rocky Mount have solid enough linebacker play to neutralize Tarboro's rushing attack from the talented RB's but mainly QB? This is a big game, where big time players, make big time plays!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Mr.Blue&Gray said:

This Rivalry has been rekindled. These 2 haven't played each other since the early to mid 90s. Any thoughts or predictions. I will say this match up could go either way by score 14-7.

Last time we played each other was 2004.  

Last time we played was 04, last time we beat them was 02(my freshman year of HS). I’m expecting a big time game with a big time atmosphere. If I’m not mistaken , high school ot is expected to be there for live coverage 

On 8/17/2019 at 11:17 AM, bud33345 said:

This game will be won on defense. Two of the biggest storylines will be ...one... Can Tarboro make some plays in the secondary to stop Rocky Mounts passing attack? And two... Does Rocky Mount have solid enough linebacker play to neutralize Tarboro's rushing attack from the talented RB's but mainly QB? This is a big game, where big time players, make big time plays!

For the past 2 years in the State  Championship  games MT Airy and East Surry were good passing  team and Tarboro did a good job of shutting them down.

Tarboro by at least 21. And that's being kind. Rocky Mount won't be able to stop the rush and Tarboro will score on nearly every possession. And I think that Rocky Mount is a good team.  It won't be the bodies but the execution that will prevail for Tarboro's offense. And let's not act like Tarboro's defense doesn't ball out too. They are stout. Of course, I'm basing my opinions on last year and recent history, but if all things remain the same for both teams, then 42-17 Tarboro.

• Thanks 1

The pressure is equally shared by a Back to back State Championship team to maintain the high expectations they truly deserve. Conversely, Rocky Mount is coming off a successful season is looking forward to re-establishing themselves as one of the top 3A teams in the East and the State . The pressure will be on the fans to decide whether to go to the concession stand or miss a big play. And there'll  be many...

• Like 1

I pre ordered my tickets for tomorrow night's game 🔥🔥 the atmosphere is gonna be through the roof I can not wait the game should be incredible too I see RM hanging around for about 3 quarters and then Tarboro finishes them late 4th quarter my score prediction RM 21 Tarboro 31 I don't see either team running away with it but I do see it being a 2 score game

This sucks, both teams were just about to figure out what they could do to be poised to win. Tarboro found something in the middle of that Rocky Mount defense. Rocky Mount had just enough of a running game to see one on one looks on the outside WR positions that was about to have some success. I don't blame Rocky Mount for not wanting to reschedule. Both teams were in for a heck of a battle.

What is the reason for not rescheduling the game. This one would been good one. I didn’t know if distance had something to do with or what. I’m not from this area. 

22 minutes ago, Paul Graham said:

So will it be counted as a Tarboro win? Or will it be a no-contest and they play a 10-game schedule?

No-Contest the game won’t count for either team! 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bud33345 said:

This sucks, both teams were just about to figure out what they could do to be poised to win. Tarboro found something in the middle of that Rocky Mount defense. Rocky Mount had just enough of a running game to see one on one looks on the outside WR positions that was about to have some success. I don't blame Rocky Mount for not wanting to reschedule. Both teams were in for a heck of a battle.

Now that Conley has rescheduled for Monday to go all the way back to ECity then turn around and play Rocky Mount THURSDAY, I do now have a issue with Rocky Mount not wanting to reschedule. Its 15 freakin miles! They should have at the very least tried to resume the game tonight. I normally don't pull for the Conley's but because of this I hope they beat the brakes off Rocky Mount Thursday. I tip my hat to the Conley's for upholding that obligation.

19 minutes ago, bud33345 said:

Now that Conley has rescheduled for Monday to go all the way back to ECity then turn around and play Rocky Mount THURSDAY, I do now have a issue with Rocky Mount not wanting to reschedule. Its 15 freakin miles! They should have at the very least tried to resume the game tonight. I normally don't pull for the Conley's but because of this I hope they beat the brakes off Rocky Mount Thursday. I tip my hat to the Conley's for upholding that obligation.

Just heard Northeastern will be traveling to Conley Monday now instead. Even still kudos to working to get something worked out.

19 minutes ago, Vikingpride said:

Rm didn’t want that L to an 1a school

Yeah. For them not to reschedule magnifies the fact the RM coaches knew they were gonna have to swallow that L.

13 minutes ago, BlueDevilsBiggestFan said:

Tarboro is awarded the WIN 6-0 Over RM! 

Good! Rocky Mount shouldn't be allowed to weasel out of that L! They knew a loss was coming. Justice served.

That seems odd for a good program like Rockymount  to not even try to reschedule. Glad they gave them a loss. 

33 minutes ago, BlueDevilsBiggestFan said:

Tarboro is awarded the WIN 6-0 Over RM! 

Is this confirmed?

Man it was 6-0 and Tarboro had one drive all game and if it wasn’t for a dropped pass in the end zone RM would have been up 7-0 before Tarboro scored...After Tarboro did score they punted 2x and when the game got called RM had the ball in Tarboro territory man get out of here acting like Tarboro just dominated RM and was a sure thing to win...Whatever the reason by not rescheduling the game is beyond me but get out of here with 

Why do most of these comments seem to indicate that Rocky Mount did not want to reschedule and finish this game. Could it have been Tarboro  that saw the possibility of defeat and they didn't want to risk a loss. I was there and there was no indication that Rocky Mount was doomed for defeat. Whatever the NCHSAA does or what the rules state Rocky Mount did not lose nor did Taboro win a game that was suspended prior to halftime.

1 hour ago, RM95 said:

That’s a shame considering it was a good game and was in the ballgame...why do your kids like that 

I agree 100%. Rocky Mount definately had a path to win the game. Their offense had just started to find something on the outside with one on one on the WRs. I'm not sure what kind of message this sends those kids on Rocky Mount. I'm sure if it was up to those kids they would have finished that game. It's just not a good look for Rocky Mount. Originally, I didn't have a problem with it being a no contest. At the time Rocky Mounts Thursday night opponent Conley had not rescheduled for Monday and I figured both teams would go into Thursday with a no contest. But when Conley rescheduled is what changed my mind. It made any point Rocky Mount coaches made to not reschedule a moot point.

From a guy that's not affiliated with Rocky Mount and that hates Tarboro...Tarboro was about to eat. After RM's first drive that should have been a score, Tarboro adjusted and clamped those receivers down, and as usual, the sideline to sideline speed stopped all outside rushing attempts. Meanwhile, Tarboro's rushing was starting to wear the defense out. Rocky Mount should be glad the NCHSAA has made it seem like they only lost 6-0. After that opening drive, Rocky Mount didn't move the ball at all. It was the opposite for Tarboro. 

And nobody is thrilled about it either everybody wanted to finish that game far as the reasoning behind HIS decision 🤷🏾‍♂️