Sign in to follow this  
Vik-Val 86

Top RBs in the State

Rate this topic

Regardless of classification who are the top RBs to watch for in the State. Do we have any approaching the 6,000 + mark or more. 

Anderson from Robbinsville could reach 6,000 This year.

He has about 4,200 now.

Sophomore almost 2,100

Junior almost 2,000

I think he had a few yds as a freshman.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Dontavious Short for Farmville Central. Kid is crazy fast, smooth footwork, and can take it to the house on any given play. His touchdown to rushing attempt ratio is nuts. As a freshman he went for 85 yards to da house on his very first varsity touch. Coaches dont give him enough touches which may explain their pitiful records. If this kid wasn't on such a bad team he would be known across the state. Kid has Barry Sandersesque moves. He is a good case study as to why kids could/should transfer. He will stay at this school with none of the recognition he deserves. Mind you the small sample size of highlights in the link below are Dontavious Short as a SOPHMORE. And it doesnt tell the whole story. He had 3 kickoff returns for td's in his first 3 games as a sophmore. After that teams wouldnt kick to him, they rather take the onside kick.

http://www.hudl.com/v/2BDSgj

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bud33345 said:

Dontavious Short for Farmville Central. Kid is crazy fast, smooth footwork, and can take it to the house on any given play. His touchdown to rushing attempt ratio is nuts. As a freshman he went for 85 yards to da house on his very first varsity touch. Coaches dont give him enough touches which may explain their pitiful records. If this kid wasn't on such a bad team he would be known across the state. Kid has Barry Sandersesque moves. He is a good case study as to why kids could/should transfer. He will stay at this school with none of the recognition he deserves. Mind you the small sample size of highlights in the link below are Dontavious Short on varsity as a SOPHMORE. And it doesnt tell the whole story. He had 3 kickoff returns for td's in his first 3 games as a sophmore. After that teams wouldnt kick to him, they rather take the onside kick.

http://www.hudl.com/v/2BDSgj

He also equated for 65% of the teams touchdown scoring sometimes getting less than 5 touches a game.

2 hours ago, Hurri said:

Savone “tank” Tutt - 2808 yds 34 rushing tds 

Pamlico County HS heading into his Jr year 

Was just about to name him before I saw your post. Kid is a beast. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Paul Graham said:

Short looked great in those highlights

The kid really is a dynamic playmaker. That is all he does is make plays. I feel if he had a couple of pieces around him and the right coaches he could take nc high school football by storm. To me it's hard to tell a kid with his skills he shouldn't be able to transfer for a better opportunity. That film he put on his hudl is modest compared to the plays he made last year. There were games last year where he would only get the ball in his hands a total of 4 times and 3 of those would be touchdowns. He is wasting away in Farmville.

• Like 1

East Forsyth has a pretty good one in Ahmani Marshall.  Powerful back. 

The guy from Edenton's been getting some pub. 

I don't know if they're "top-top", but locally (Greensboro) we've got a few good running backs....

Quan Nora, Grimsley

Hezekiah Newby, Eastern Guilford

Monterious Godfrey, Glenn

Jaden Fairley, SE Guilford

Jaquan Snipes, Randleman

Also, here's a few that could break out this season....

Jaleel Melton, Page

Trevon Hester, NE Guilford

Eric Lewis, Western Guilford

Sammy Gandy, Asheboro

Edited by Chute Boxe Hero
Transfer I wasn't aware of

Bryce Sain - Swain County High School

RB/Slotback and Kick Returner 

WNC Newcomer of the Year 2018

SMC All Conference Sophomore 

SMC HM All Conference Freshman

Incoming Junior