Sign in to follow this  
Chris Hughes

Topic tags will help breakup classifications

Rate this topic

The ability to add Tags to topics will allow you to search for content based on classifications (and other regional topics) in the forums.  When creating a new topic, please select a tag from the dropdown menu.  I will also be going through and adding tags to existing posts to help identify the nature of the post.  To search all topics in each respective class, just search that Tag.

Screen Shot 2019-08-03 at 11.00.51 AM.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Chris. The new upgrade is really labor intensive. Just my 2 cents but people have short attention spans and want there content quick. A simple sort maybe 4a - 1a might help. 

As of now I liked the previous way that Carolina Preps was structured with the 1a thru 4a forums.but I trust Chris has a good reason for the change .I for one will give this new system time and who knows it may work out better ,and if it don't Chris can always change it back to the way it was.whatever happens I will always drop by and read the forums .I've had a lot of enjoyment reading this site over the years .I appreciate the contribution and dedication Chris has for NC High school football..

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mavrick69 said:

As of now I liked the previous way that Carolina Preps was structured with the 1a thru 4a forums.but I trust Chris has a good reason for the change .I for one will give this new system time and who knows it may work out better ,and if it don't Chris can always change it back to the way it was.whatever happens I will always drop by and read the forums .I've had a lot of enjoyment reading this site over the years .I appreciate the contribution and dedication Chris has for NC High school football..

Thank you for the comment and for the kind words.  The reviews have been positive (but mixed), so we'll stay the course for now!  

There's always other sites to visit, go check them out if you aren't happy.  Like I said in another forum, it doesn't matter what I do, someone is always unhappy.  If it were left up to me, I would have discontinued having forums long ago, but I've conceded to the wishes of others. 

It's fine, people hate change even on stuff as simple as this. Chris has already explained the reason. Like he said....you can go to NC Preps and fight through the same dude with 6 screen names if ya want.

• Haha 1

If everyone wants 4 classes, then we'll reconsider, but I also find it funny that most of the people who have complained to me, at least directly, are folks who have 0 to 1 posts to their credit over the past 12 years. 

42 minutes ago, Chris Hughes said:

If everyone wants 4 classes, then we'll reconsider, but I also find it funny that most of the people who have complained to me, at least directly, are folks who have 0 to 1 posts to their credit over the past 12 years. 

Trust me when I say this, and you know my background....that is ALMOST always the case. Tune out the noise and listen to the hardcore :)

Chris, I know how much work and time you devote to this site, so anything you can do to minimize your work load is fine with me. I can filter through and find what I am looking for with zero problems. Keep up the good work. As with us coaches, sometimes people do not realize that you have a life outside football.