Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
Chris Hughes

Topic tags will help breakup classifications

Rate this topic

Recommended Posts

The ability to add Tags to topics will allow you to search for content based on classifications (and other regional topics) in the forums.  When creating a new topic, please select a tag from the dropdown menu.  I will also be going through and adding tags to existing posts to help identify the nature of the post.  To search all topics in each respective class, just search that Tag.

 Screen Shot 2019-08-03 at 11.00.51 AM.png

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As of now I liked the previous way that Carolina Preps was structured with the 1a thru 4a forums.but I trust Chris has a good reason for the change .I for one will give this new system time and who knows it may work out better ,and if it don't Chris can always change it back to the way it was.whatever happens I will always drop by and read the forums .I've had a lot of enjoyment reading this site over the years .I appreciate the contribution and dedication Chris has for NC High school football..

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Mavrick69 said:

As of now I liked the previous way that Carolina Preps was structured with the 1a thru 4a forums.but I trust Chris has a good reason for the change .I for one will give this new system time and who knows it may work out better ,and if it don't Chris can always change it back to the way it was.whatever happens I will always drop by and read the forums .I've had a lot of enjoyment reading this site over the years .I appreciate the contribution and dedication Chris has for NC High school football..

Thank you for the comment and for the kind words.  The reviews have been positive (but mixed), so we'll stay the course for now!  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There's always other sites to visit, go check them out if you aren't happy.  Like I said in another forum, it doesn't matter what I do, someone is always unhappy.  If it were left up to me, I would have discontinued having forums long ago, but I've conceded to the wishes of others. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's fine, people hate change even on stuff as simple as this. Chris has already explained the reason. Like he said....you can go to NC Preps and fight through the same dude with 6 screen names if ya want.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If everyone wants 4 classes, then we'll reconsider, but I also find it funny that most of the people who have complained to me, at least directly, are folks who have 0 to 1 posts to their credit over the past 12 years. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Chris Hughes said:

If everyone wants 4 classes, then we'll reconsider, but I also find it funny that most of the people who have complained to me, at least directly, are folks who have 0 to 1 posts to their credit over the past 12 years. 

Trust me when I say this, and you know my background....that is ALMOST always the case. Tune out the noise and listen to the hardcore :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Chris, I know how much work and time you devote to this site, so anything you can do to minimize your work load is fine with me. I can filter through and find what I am looking for with zero problems. Keep up the good work. As with us coaches, sometimes people do not realize that you have a life outside football.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey Chris what can ya'll or we do to try and boost interest in Carolina Preps down East.  We are just a couple of days away from second round playoff games and I noticed on most of the Eastern threads you put together very little chatter.  I know they have people down east that are passionate about high school football, we just need to find a way to get em hooked up.

By the way after a season with the new format, I don't have a problem with it.  I'm just one of those old farts that don't like change.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, SPRaiders78 said:

Hey Chris what can ya'll or we do to try and boost interest in Carolina Preps down East.  We are just a couple of days away from second round playoff games and I noticed on most of the Eastern threads you put together very little chatter.  I know they have people down east that are passionate about high school football, we just need to find a way to get em hooked up.

By the way after a season with the new format, I don't have a problem with it.  I'm just one of those old farts that don't like change.

I think HighSchoolOT has done a great job of locking up Eastern NC, but we'll keep chipping away.  There are some great fans out there, I love that part of the state. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/29/2019 at 6:12 PM, medicemtp said:

I think the new structure has killed this site..no where near as much topics..game fourms going on now..old way was much better..

 

 

I am slow so I just saw this comment. While he has a right to his opinion I think he is wrong in his assumption. I do not think you have lost anyone. Just the opposite. I have no problem looking up what I want to see. Your new format actually gives me more time to keep btango and ConnerP in line. 🤣.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×