Sign in to follow this  
KR003

Top Quarterbacks in state

Rate this topic

Who are the top quarterbacks in the state?  

Best I have seen are both juniors.  Caleb Hood at Richmond Sr. and Drake Maye at Myers Park.  He carved us up in playoffs last year.

Austin Bryant... Sr at Eastern Alamance

Darius Ocean... Sr at Hough

Kamell Smith... Jr at Eastern Guilford

... in addition to ones previously listed

Edited by ConnerP

3 hours ago, titanman27 said:

Some small school QBs who get it done:

Mountain Heritage QB Randolph and Mitchell QB Pitman 

As great as both young men are, their size will hurt their chances of playing qb at the next level. 

Could see Pitman as a defensive back and Randolph as a point guard. He can light up a scoreboard.

Remeber this name- Dustin Noller Mallard Creek. 2 years ago threw for 3500 yards as a Soph at Rock Hill Northwestern. 

Gonna have a monster year .

• Thanks 1

On ‎8‎/‎3‎/‎2019 at 3:32 PM, ConnerP said:

Austin Bryant... Sr at Eastern Alamance

Darius Ocean... Sr at Hough

Kamell Smith... Jr at Eastern Guilford

... in addition to ones previously listed

Is this the Ocean kid that played at Cleveland last year???

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, scots roll said:

Is this the Ocean kid that played at Cleveland last year???

Yes, that is correct.  He transferred the second semester of last year.  They have a few other transfers from outside the Charlotte area in addition to him.

What about the kid at Reidsville he has all the tools to be really good if he's the same QB Reidsville had last  when they played MT Heritag last year he made 3 of the nicest throws you  will ever see and could move well in the pocket .I can't remember his name but he was one good player.

1 hour ago, Mavrick69 said:

What about the kid at Reidsville he has all the tools to be really good if he's the same QB Reidsville had last  when they played MT Heritag last year he made 3 of the nicest throws you  will ever see and could move well in the pocket .I can't remember his name but he was one good player.

Kyle Pinnix. He will be a jr this year. 

I've seen Birchfield and Ocean. Both those guys can sling it.  Also have seen Camian Shell and Kamell Smith.  Both good dual-threats.  Haven't seen Drake Maye but I hope to eventually.

Locally, I believe Javondre Paige (Page) and Devan Flowers (Glenn) are on that level.  Ty Lyles (East Forsyth) might be up there as well.

A bit off-topic, but we've got some pretty decent QB's around Greensboro.  Namely....

Jordan Williams, Smith

Alston Hooker, Ragsdale

Jahmier Slade, Dudley

Jenoah Mckiver, TW Andrews

Myles Crisp, S Guilford

Nick Halo, Wheatmore

11 minutes ago, Chute Boxe Hero said:

Jefferson Boaz (East Surry) isn't too shabby.  Probably won't play QB in college though.

Most likely TE or DE in college 

On 8/13/2019 at 2:25 PM, Chute Boxe Hero said:

I've seen Birchfield and Ocean. Both those guys can sling it.  Also have seen Camian Shell and Kamell Smith.  Both good dual-threats.  Haven't seen Drake Maye but I hope to eventually.

Locally, I believe Javondre Paige (Page) and Devan Flowers (Glenn) are on that level.  Ty Lyles (East Forsyth) might be up there as well.

A bit off-topic, but we've got some pretty decent QB's around Greensboro.  Namely....

Jordan Williams, Smith

Alston Hooker, Ragsdale

Jahmier Slade, Dudley

Jenoah Mckiver, TW Andrews

Myles Crisp, S Guilford

Nick Halo, Wheatmore

Do not sleep on the young man from Northern Guilford.  Word on the street is that he can spin it a little and has a big target in a WFU commit.  Will Lenard will be a surprise in the Peidmont Triad area this year.

• Like 1

On 8/20/2019 at 7:26 AM, GSOFootballFan said:

Do not sleep on the young man from Northern Guilford.  Word on the street is that he can spin it a little and has a big target in a WFU commit.  Will Lenard will be a surprise in the Peidmont Triad area this year.

I'll have to try to check them out.  I haven't watched NG for a couple of years now.  They've pretty much been an afterthought since Mr. Roscoe departed.  Some people are expecting good things out of them though.  I think their opener with Grimsley is flying "under-the-radar".  That has the potential to be a very good game.