Sign in to follow this  
Chris Hughes

Carolina Preps expands jamboree to second location

Rate this topic

Beginning this season, CarolinaPreps.com will be hosting two jamborees, both played on the same night. 

The 8th Annual CarolinaPreps.com Jamboree at Mooresville High School; Friday Night, August 16th:

Ticket Price: $5 gets you all four games. 

6:00: Charlotte Christian vs. South Mecklenburg

7:00: South Iredell vs. Hickory

8:00: North Mecklenburg vs. Statesville

9:00: Mooresville vs. Myers Park

The 1st Annual Carolina Preps Pirate Jamboree benefiting United Way of Greensboro will be held at Page High School; Friday Night, August 16th: 

Ticket Price: $8 gets you all the games with proceeds going to United Way of Greensboro. 

6:30: Rolesville vs. Reagan

7:30: R.J. Reynolds vs. Northern Durham

8:30: Page vs. Glenn

• Like 2

The Mooresville Jamboree looks very interesting.  Not real sure about S. Meck & Char. Christian.  S.I. & Hickory could very telling for both schools.  N. Meck. should test Statesville and partially reveal what the Greyhounds have to offer.  Mooresville will face a strong Myers Park team.  Should be an interesting evening.

• Thanks 1

I, too, am looking forward to seeing Hickory and South Iredell.  Coach Stone did a great job in his first year at HHS.  They could, very well, be on their way back.

• Like 1

On 8/12/2019 at 3:29 PM, Vik-Val 86 said:

What is the price admission to these scrimmages.

I just updated the main post, but it's $5 at Mooresville and $8 at Page.  (I don't set the prices, the school does.)

• Thanks 1

That night cap between Mooresville and Myers Park.... wow! I’ve never been to a scrimmage that had a big game atmosphere in the stadium. Student sections were out in force. Crowds were loud start to finish. It was awesome! 

As for the game... Myers Park won an absolute thriller 6-3 as time expired. Mooresville led 3-0 the whole night, MP hits a couple long passes as time runs out to take the W. Both teams played like it was a regular season game. MP is no joke.... they’re gonna make a serious run at state. I thought our defense played some impressive ball. The offense has some bit to go but we still did some good things. That was just fun to watch.

• Like 2

I was at the game. Mooresville did look really good on defense. I believe if the offense catches up with the defense they are going to be a team to watch. I was impressed with the student section of Mooresville as well. I know it’s early and it’s a scrimmage. I’m sure MP will be tough out as the season goes.

As for South Iredell I thought they did really well against Hickory. SI has a good size line but still have work to do. I was impressed with SI passing game. Hickory has a good QB and some fast RB. If anyone wants to know the score SI won 23-15. But it’s scrimmage. 

• Like 1