Sign in to follow this  
Vik-Val 86

1st games matchups

Rate this topic

Football season is a little over a month away of starting. Without any predictions here are some 1st games that will be intriguing or of interest to me. Dudley at West Forsyth. I believe this game will tell a lot with each team playing each other. South Iredell vs Cuthbertson. I have no idea how each team will do. Of course I will be pulling for the Vikings of South Iredell. Hope they can have a successful season. Hickory vs. Statesville. We will find out about both teams when they match up. Also Lake Norman vs Cox Mill. Will be interesting how Lake Norman performs this season. What are your 1st games of interest. 

South Point at Crest...obvious reasons.

Shelby at Freedom....Coach Wilbanks first game at the helm of the Golden Lions and Freedom can be a tough place to play.

Burns at Kings Mountain...KM first game with a new man under center and this is a very underrated rilvary game.

DH Conley vs Northeastern. If Conley can win this game against a top 2A program that could beat most 3A and 4A programs, it could set the tone for the season and give Conley confidence that they can contend in the 3A going into the Scotland game.

• Like 1

Tarboro vs Rocky Mount. Even if Rocky Mount loses this game the rest of the 3A would be wise not to sleep on them.

• Like 1

A month from now Mallard Creek at Dutch Fork. A lot of eyes will be on this game. North Davidson at Parkland will be an interesting one as well. 

On 7/21/2019 at 3:28 PM, Tyler12 said:

Havelock @ Dillon should be a good ole fashioned slobber knocker. 

Yes it will be interesting to see how prepared Havelock is for a late playoff caliber game right off the bat. 

2 hours ago, Ramfan75 said:

Yes it will be interesting to see how prepared Havelock is for a late playoff caliber game right off the bat. 

Curious to see who Havelock trots out at QB. 

On 7/21/2019 at 3:28 PM, Tyler12 said:

Havelock @ Dillon should be a good ole fashioned slobber knocker. 

This is two great programs early.