Rate this topic

3 hours ago, Wolf4Lyfe said:

Agree that they should be better than Brevard but don't think they are a top 15 worthy team. 

Pisgah should be, Smoky could be. Brevard is tough every year. 

Swain is right where they need to be. They haven't been the typical Swain in several years but I do feel  they should be significantly better this season.

With what Pisgah has coming up to Varsity this season everybody better look out. The Black Bears should break into the top 15 after tier non-conference schedule is complete. They host Smoky in the first MTN6 game of the season and that could be for the conference title.

Should be an interesting season.   We will see where Swain will be in the rankings come playoff time.  That’s when it matters anyways.  

• Like 2

Wow 6 loss Scotland last year cracking the top 10, just might need to keep on

showing up on Friday nights. 

#6 3a SE Guilford and #12 4a Hoggard at Pate first 2 weeks of season.

10 hours ago, scotswin said:

Wow 6 loss Scotland last year cracking the top 10, just might need to keep on

showing up on Friday nights. 

#6 3a SE Guilford and #12 4a Hoggard at Pate first 2 weeks of season.

Surprised ya'll didn't crack the top 5 with all that talent over there. 

I just reviewed this list again and I know Swain can and will beat anyone listed from 10 and below.   But I get it!   They have to prove themselves and I know they will!!

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, SwainDad40 said:

I just reviewed this list again and I know Swain can and will beat anyone listed from 10 and below.   But I get it!   They have to prove themselves and I know they will!!

in 2A??

• Like 1

This is going to be an interesting season there is a lot of teams like Pisgah  Heritage and Brevard  that were very good last year, but lost a lot of talent especially in the trenchs where most games are won if these teams are going to be good this season they all better have some big boys stepping up. I'm wondering what kind of team Brevard will field this season they sure played some Damn good football down the stretch last season winning 3 strait road games and went to Reidsville and had them on the ropes, if not for a turnover that Reidsville took back for a TD they could very well been in the 2a title game..

9 hours ago, Mavrick69 said:

This is going to be an interesting season there is a lot of teams like Pisgah  Heritage and Brevard  that were very good last year, but lost a lot of talent especially in the trenchs where most games are won if these teams are going to be good this season they all better have some big boys stepping up. I'm wondering what kind of team Brevard will field this season they sure played some Damn good football down the stretch last season winning 3 strait road games and went to Reidsville and had them on the ropes, if not for a turnover that Reidsville took back for a TD they could very well been in the 2a title game..

you're correct..Brevard did have Rams on the rope....small correction...Reidsville did not return a fumble for TD that eventually won the game......it did however lead to Reidsville scoring on a short run...………….

I like where you have Wrh. They are going to be strong again this year especially on defense and in the back field 

• Like 1

Pisgah has three of those teams in their first five games. Murphy, East Rutheford, and Mountain Heritage. Then finish the season with Brevard. Time will tell.

• Like 1

No disrespect intended toward E. Ruthie but considering the number of starters they lost to graduation last year. I personally don't expect them to be very good. They might surprise me. I think the giant was a senior, if not you just don't run up the middle.

After further review, it has become obvious that I have, (in the words of Jerry Closer) messed up. 

East Rutherford was mentioned above, my previous post was referring to R. S. Central. Two different schools, both located in Rutherford County. Sorry about that. Ó